High ms

Technical Support
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
@Gjetmund

I doubt it will do anything to contact them, but one can always hope.

Btw, what ISP are you getting?

And if it works can you update it here?
Telenor needs to buy more traffic (backbone) from Denmark to Germany. Which costs money, but Telenor plans on doing no such thing, and hopes the problem goes away without them costing any money. Which is where "Forbrukers rådet" comes in, they can force Telenor to buy more backbone space or give the costumer money in return even go to trial (without that costing you any money).

For the record, all isp's in Norway uses that same routing as Telenor when going from Denmark (telia) to Germany (telia) :)
Thursday 31/01 BBB (Bredbands Bolaget) changed their Network Switch or something, but later that night, I still had high MS. However during the whole day of Friday 01/2 I had my normal 29-30ms, and on Saturday 02/2 It went back to 106ms. Don't know if this helps in anyway, just wanted to share.
Telenor needs to buy more traffic (backbone) from Denmark to Germany. Which costs money, but Telenor plans on doing no such thing, and hopes the problem goes away without them costing any money. Which is where "Forbrukers rådet" comes in, they can force Telenor to buy more backbone space or give the costumer money in return even go to trial (without that costing you any money).

For the record, all isp's in Norway uses that same routing as Telenor when going from Denmark (telia) to Germany (telia) :)

Well as far as we know it's not a routing problem, it's like you said, capacity that Telenor is unwilling too pay for more of.
Hopefully my next ISP will have this better in hand.
Oh and it's Nextgentel for those who were wondering and I will let you know how they work out when it gets delivered.
heeeeeeeeeeeeeh tierd of my answers from different isp..

TELIA:
Hello!
Then you are not a Telia customer, we have no information to attach to a service request.

As your ISP written, I would suggest that you pick this via Blizzard.

BBB:
There is nothing we will be able to do, the problem is as I said in their network and Telia says that the fault lies in our networks, though tests show the opposite. Most likely, Telia has misunderstood what you have said to them.

If they themselves do not want to check over there so see if you can get any help from blizzard as it affects their player base.

/Facepalm Mooleif
@Mooleif

That is pretty much the same answers I got.

BBB tells me to contact blizzard and telia because they can't do anything.

Telia tells me they can't do anything.

Blizzard tells me to contact BBB.

And I am still waiting for an answer from Telenor.
Tierd of this so I will change my ISP.
Got the same probs thinking of changing ISP to.. can do shiit whit this ms..
I would also love to change ISP, but I can't.

So i will have to sit with this !@#$ and just hope it get's fixed.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6534114000

if you ppl check my post it seems that the telia.net servers are to blame, which are owned by blizzard according to their own website:

"To identify our servers, look for the following suffixes: telia.net,.attens.net, att.net, alter.net"

Source: https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/running-a-trace-route

Within my post you will find traceroutes and the largest hops and increases in ms are between the telia.net servers, which should be blizzard owned since they say so? And i have also spoken to several other non-telenor users that also goes through these servers, none of them use the first 2 telia.net servers though, which seem to be the cause of all problems. im the only one using those as telenor/BBB customer.

s-b2-link.telia.net >
s-bb2-link.telia.net > these 2 seems to be the bad boys imo. So the question is, who owns these? According to Blizzards site they do... but cant find anything wrong..? 50-60 ms increase between 1 hop is totally normal going from sweden to germany? doubt that very much.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6534114000

if you ppl check my post it seems that the telia.net servers are to blame, which are owned by blizzard according to their own website:

"To identify our servers, look for the following suffixes: telia.net,.attens.net, att.net, alter.net"

Source: https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/running-a-trace-route

Within my post you will find traceroutes and the largest hops and increases in ms are between the telia.net servers, which should be blizzard owned since they say so? And i have also spoken to several other non-telenor users that also goes through these servers, none of them use the first 2 telia.net servers though, which seem to be the cause of all problems. im the only one using those as telenor/BBB customer.

s-b2-link.telia.net >
s-bb2-link.telia.net > these 2 seems to be the bad boys imo. So the question is, who owns these? According to Blizzards site they do... but cant find anything wrong..? 50-60 ms increase between 1 hop is totally normal going from sweden to germany? doubt that very much.

Well if you have a look at this: http://i.imgur.com/lJEl8nD.png
You can see my MS jumps up while between two servers who are both in copenhagen Denmark, now you still might be right that they belong to Blizzard, but I will trust when speaking to TeliaSonera International Carrier they would have told me so and not pointed the finger at Telenor.
Ah whatever the cause is, there is someone working for one of these companies who knows about it and chooses not to do anything about it.
http://i.imgur.com/Y5zJcqf.png

Here is mine. I've threaten my ISP (Telenor) about changing ISP if they don't contact Telia within 3-4 weeks regarding this issue.
Swedish BBB customer here aswell. Had ~25-35 MS before this !@#$ began, now I'm stuck at 95+ with spikes reaching up to 5000, unless I play during early morning.

Been pingponged back & forth at the BBB support for ~3 months now, currently waiting for a "expert" response.

Tonight I'm planning on sending a mail to the swedish Consumer Agency, asking what their opinion on the matter is.

EDIT:

BBB "Experts" response, google translate because I'm lazy:

"What I can clearly see is that the problem occurs when you go outside of our network and into the Telia network. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do when the problem is not in our network. Since the problem seems to lie in Telia's when we have neither the ability nor the rights to go in and fix that. So unfortunately I can not help you with this."
@Exin - pretty much word for word what I was told by Telenor. Telia told a few of us that Telenor are putting too much traffic through that routing because they're cheap asses and need to buy more from Telia.
can someone give me the email to telia / telenor or BBB so I can complain. If more people complaining they might start fixing this !@#$...
@Timzu

Telia. fill in those with *
http://www.telia.se/privat/kontakt/e-post

BBB technical support mail
supportare​nde@bredban​d.com
I logged on yesterday and my ping was high, logged on again 5 mins ago and my ping was at a stable 60, i got telenor and the issue is fixed here atleast.
@Swiftyhunter

Login at 18.00 again, and you will se that the problem is not fixed.
I talked with someone from BBB about this and I send him my Trace route. He said that has nothing to do with them, its blizzard that has to fix this
06/02/2013 20:33Posted by Timzu
I talked with someone from BBB about this and I send him my Trace route. He said that has nothing to do with them, its blizzard that has to fix this

This is the same answer I have gotten several times.

Oh and the answer Blizzard will tell you is to contact your network provider.