[Arena] Windwalker Macro Compendium

Monk
Hey guys, I've been given something by the community many times. It's time to give back.

Here's my macro compendium for PVP'ers. Many of them will work for other classes if you just tweak the ability-names :)

Note: They're not sorted by importance!

Table of Contents:
  • Arena Focustargeting - #AR01
  • Focus Disarm - #AR02
  • Focus Kick - #AR03
  • Kick (+ stop Spinning Crane Kick) - #AR04
  • Tiger's Lust (Freedom) - #AR05
  • Detox Party - #AR06
  • Detox Self - #AR07
  • Paralysis All-in-One - #AR08
  • Tigereye Brew (Burst Macro) - #AR09
  • Party Markers - #AR10
  • Rising Sun Kick (#engineers) - #ENG01

• Arena Focustargeting - #AR01
    /focus [target=arenaX]
    Replace X with 1, 2 and 3 (+ 4 and 5 if you play 5v5), and keybind them all. This is a great way to focus target players on the enemy team. Another good way is to right-click their nameplates on Gladius, but if you don't use that addon, this is a great alternative.
    I personally have them bound like this:
    1: Ctrl+MouseScrollUp
    2: Ctrl+MouseScrollDown
    3: Ctrl+MouseScrollClick

So whenever my team switches burst target, I never have to think about looking over at gladius, I just re-focus and CC or whatever needs to be done. Really handy!

• Focus Disarm - #AR02
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=focus] Grapple Weapon

We have THE best disarm in the game. Along with the focus-setting macro above, this tool is insane versus melee cleaves. Remember that you have a long range (40 yds) on disarm ;)

• Focus Kick - #AR03
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /cast [target=focus]Spear Hand Strike

Focus Kick is extremely important.

• Kick (+ stop Spinning Crane Kick) - #AR04
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /cast Spear Hand Strike

Kick needs stopcasting, so you're not doing spinning crane kick, or something else, when you want to stop that important cast! You need to click it twice if you're doing spinning crane kick (once for stopping crane kick, and once for actually doing the silence). I also use this macro to stop spinning crane kick if I already found a stealther, or in PvE, if all mobs are dead ;)

• Tiger's Lust (Freedom) - #AR05
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover,mod:shift]Tiger's Lust;[target=player,mod:alt]Tiger's Lust;Tiger's Lust

This macro pops freedom on you if you have an enemy target, or if you press alt and click it. If you have a mouseover target (eg. mousing over your healer in the party frames) and hold shift while clicking, you will freedom that target.

• Detox Party - #AR06
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=partyX] Detox

Replace X with party members 1 and 2 (they're never you). Test this macro out before you enter the arena, so you have a feel of who is member 1, and who is member 2. For keybind, I use Shift+MouseScrollUp and Shift+MouseScrollDown to detox partymember 1 and 2.

• Detox Self - #AR07
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt,target=player] Detox;Detox

Replace "alt" with your self-cast modifier. Will detox your currently friendly target, or yourself if you have an enemy target. If you hold alt, it will target yourself either way.

• Paralysis All-in-One - #AR08
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,target=focus]Paralysis;Paralysis

Change shift to whatever focus-modifier you'd like.
    If you hold shift, it will Paralysis your Focus Target, if you just hit Paralysis, it will paralyze your current target. Really handy :)

• Tigereye Brew (Burst Macro) - #AR09
    #showtooltip Tigereye Brew
    /cast Tigereye Brew
    /use 14
    /use 10
    /cast Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger

Pop it all! This is our version of the Swifty One Shot Macro! It pops Invoke Xuen, Tigereye Brew, PvP damage trinket (lower trinket-slot) and (for engineers) your glove enchant. The glove enchant only goes off if the PvP damage trinket is on cooldown, since they don't stack.

• Party Markers - #AR10
    #showtooltip
    /script SetRaidTarget("party1",1);SetRaidTarget("party2",3);SetRaidTarget("player",8);
    /use 6

Sets party markers on your party in the arena. I also added in belt-enchant for engineers (rocketboots/mind control/grenade) so 1 button serves an extra purpose :)

• Rising Sun Kick (#engineers) - #ENG01
    #showtooltip Rising Sun Kick
    /use 10
    /cast Rising Sun Kick

Useful for engineers. You'll want to pop your hand-enchant (Synapse Springs) as often as possible, and Rising Sun Kick is our main damage, so put it in there on your most spammed cooldown :)

This screenshot shows how important Touch of Karma is by the way:
http://imgur.com/u42Sekk
A little tip on the so called "one shot macro" use Xuen as the last spell in the macro beause he benefits so much from cds, and using him first just doesnt make sense to me since he will do segnificant less damge.

This is what my so called "one shot" macro looks like:

#showtooltip Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger
/stopcasting
/use Blood Fury(Racial)
/cast Tigereye brew
/cast Energizing Brew
/use Malevolent Gladiator's Badge of Conquest
/use Dreadful Gladiator's Badge of Conquest

Keep in mind that this is my "i pop all i got left". I got multiplied offensive macros depending on the cd combination id like to use at that sertain time.

Anyway, nice beginners guide. Well done
I agree with Dinasty as this is how created my pop all macro, Xuen benefits from all Haste Crit and Damage buffs so to pop all them first then Xuen is a much bigger DPS increase than popping him first.

Anyway nice guide and roll on 5.2 for Monk OP'ness
Thanks! I fixed that Dinasty and Exo - cheers

Also, in regards to having ALL cooldowns, including Energizing Brew etc. in Tigereye Brew macro, I do not endorse doing that. Mostly because Energizing Brew rarely fits along with popping everything.

You should pop everything when you have "full" energy already, and even before all your cooldowns run out, you'll most likely not have energy-starved because of our current mastery :)
a good macro for when youre being switched on, your healer is ccd and you might wanna pull some pillar hugging to save your life is this one(Keep in mind you need to place your portal and spheres beforehand).

#showtooltip transcendence: transfer
/cast energizing brew
/cast transcendence: transfer

Its a very simple macro, but if youve planted 3 spheres on your portal beforehand, this macro allows you to put an additional 3 down pretty quickly and follow it up with an expel harm and chi wave in no time. Ive gone up from 20k to full hp in few seconds that way and its a real life saver.
#showtooltip Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger
/stopcasting
/use Blood Fury(Racial)
/cast Tigereye brew
/cast Energizing Brew
/use Malevolent Gladiator's Badge of Conquest
/use Dreadful Gladiator's Badge of Conquest

Kind of a 1shot macro but its not always wise to have everything bound in 1 since we are weak aganist CC's :/

But! If they panic or used every CC and such.. That 1shot macro sure is ready to 1shot people :P
Nice macro! I used this alot but its not good for dudus (especially feral) and locks.
dps all
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3,4,Tiger Palm
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3,Blackout Kick
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,Jab, Jab
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,Rising Sun Kick
/cast [combat] Chi Wave
/cast [combat]Expel Harm
/cast [combat]Tigereye Brew
/cast [comba
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
arena1 arena 2 cc
#showtooltip Paralysis
/cast [mod:ctrl,@arena2,exists] Paralysis; [@arena1,exists] Paralysis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#showtooltip Grapple Weapon
/cast [mod:ctrl,@arena2,exists] Grapple Weapon; [@arena1,exists] Grapple Weapon

nor/arena2 ctrl tık