RBG transmog of Grandmarshall & High Warlord a mistake!

General
Prev 1 7 8 9 20 Next
Blizzard. I really hope you read this.

You are lieing to ur loyal playerbase who have been here since the start... SEVERAL TIMES.

First, you tell us the RBG titles won't be permanent, and NOW you give away the only way we could show others that we have been here since the start?

PLEASE GIVE ME ZA BEAR, COME ON BLIZZARD - ALL I GOTTA DO IS BEG RIGHT ?

Edit: Sorry, forgot something..

You're giving it to RBG players at 1.9k+ rating.

ROFL, why not just give it to everyone then ?

Sucks to be you innit?
Vanilla Centurion here, so I am one of the 'affected'. I don't care in the slightest.

Why ?

Why ? Because you were Centurion

Centurion was a !@#$ rank, so of course you don't care
05/02/2013 15:09Posted by Thorkaa
The only way to proove you were there will be to wear your t3 ring now...

not really, since u could get the ring in TBC
Vanilla Centurion here, so I am one of the 'affected'. I don't care in the slightest.

Why ?

It's as deserving of the gear as the OP is, so why don't you post this to him?
Blizzard doesnt care about your loyalty. They appreciate the many months you paid your sub, sure. But that's where the friendship ends.

It was sad how they took away oldschool PvP titles from veteran players who were around during the golden days of the game. The transmog gear was a tiny little "thank you though, guys" but now they give out the gear and the unique look for a fraction of the commitment it took back when as well. Sad. As often is the case with Blizzard, actions speak louder than words.

And there are not that many players left who still care. A dying breed. And the new breed of player we all just know too well. They want that gear. Badly. They dont want to earn it, they just want to have it. Alas, they'll get it.

Why ?

Yes, a whole 2 ranks lower than you out of a total of 14. You're pretty badass.

Point is I have access to the transmog gear as is, and I wouldn't care any more if I had been rank 14 (which you weren't either).
I got no big titles, no big rating, playing since Vanilla. I go into pvp dressed in skimpy knickers but own liek* a real BAWS* Back in vanilla it wasnt about skill to get that gear but all about endurance and the loooong grind that gave you largely better gear! Atleast these days gear is more or less on par. So skill stands out more and your not better at pvp just because you grinded mindless day and night. (lets not forget how unforgiving it also was for healers) so that vanilla gear eventhough I loved vanilla doesnt really stand for much good. Rather have someone proove his worth through action and
Skill instead of claiming a so called elite overglamourised peacock feather.

And there are not that many players left who still care. A dying breed. And the new breed of player we all just know too well. They want that gear. Badly. They dont want to earn it, they just want to have it. Alas, they'll get it.

And where exactly are all those threads with massive amounts of people demanding said gear? oh wait, there are none, besides perhabs a tiny amount of people who just made a suggestion,
05/02/2013 23:02Posted by Searona
If you got a higher rank then Knight-Captain you would have a FoS for that. II de-ranked to rank 5 or something before they removed the old honor system and still have my Warlord FoS, heck I even got rank 10 on my alt and de-ranked some on that aswell but still kept the FoS for that one aswell.

You still were lucky then. I know several people who lost several ranks when TBC pre-patch came out and the system got changed.
I'm not sure whatever all of them contacted a GM for it. Some might not have cared that much about it. But I do know of some people who never had any luck with getting the titles they originally earned.

AV lasted for atleast 5-6 hours mostly and that was games against non-cheating alliance wall climbing to the horde base, this was when it was serverwide. You couldn't zerg AV like you can today. Did you play before crossrealm battlegroups was implemented?

First of all. Yes, I did play Battlegrounds before they became cross-realm. However I gotta admit that I didn't begin grinding for the PvP ranks before after they went cross-realm.

If I'm not mistaken, then I believe I mainly grinded for my PvP rank around late summer and fall of 2006, in which case the Battlegrounds already were cross-realm.

My personal experience of the farming part was that most AV games took approximately 30-45 mins to complete, in which case I believed they were more effective to grind than AB and WSG were.
Whatever my friends (who had higher ranks) then meant, I don't know. But you are probably right that before the cross-realm Battlegrounds, AV usually was a lot longer.

AB or WSG was the fastest way to get honor hands down when crossrealm battlegroups came, and before that aswell but bigger chances to face another premade and have a dragged out fight. We steamrolled pug's in 5 minutes in AB that netted a sick amount of honor per hour and when we didn't have 15 people availible we played WSG and steamrolled it in 5-10 minutes which gave a nice amount of honor aswell.

Well, in my case: most AB and WSG games back then took quite a lot longer than 5-10 mins, even with premades.
But perhaps the premades I joined were never that good.

Regardless. My experience of grinding my title was mainly based on running quick AV games. Aka storming to the captain -> to the bunkers/graves -> pull out the boss and tank the minions outside -> then take the boss inside.
Sure you had a few games once in a while where there was a significant enemy resistance blocking your way, in which case the game often ended up lasting several hours (or more). But in my experience this still rarely happened, and when it happened - a lot of people tried to simply sneak pass, capture a grave and more on, or just leave the game and join another AV that didn't last that long.

My personal experience of the farming part was that most AV games took approximately 30-45 mins to complete, in which case I believed they were more effective to grind than AB and WSG were.
Whatever my friends (who had higher ranks) then meant, I don't know. But you are probably right that before the cross-realm Battlegrounds, AV usually was a lot longer.

could take up to 24-36 hours on my server
It won't be usable by anyone. It will be usable to people who have achieved something in PVP.
As it is now.

Players who were not around in Vanilla are denied access to some of the best looking transmog gear in game just because they weren't around in vanilla.

This is the best way they could possibly allow new players access to these models without devaluing them entirely.

I don't agree, the whole point of the classic lvl60 pvp gear represents a time in WoW that is very diferent to what it is today. The old pvp system was a massive massive grind! its completely different to what it is today.

In 5.2 you will literally see so many people with the old lvl60 armour it just won't seem special anymore, and will in fact become very boring and common. Completely the opposite to what it is and what it represents today.

Limiting items to people who were there many years ago at the time is fine with me, it gives a whole sense of purpose, or being different to others. Another example would be not allowing people to have the "Tabard of the protector" or even just recently the "Theramore tabard" or the old questlines from years ago for items that are no longer availble in game like the "Ashbringer" or "Medivh's staff". Its perfectly acceptable because these item can no longer be obtained, and so it should be because they have a place in WoW history.

Having only certain people have the right to use certain equipment or items because they acomplished things so many years ago is what makes the game and what makes people feel different, and in this games history these sorts of things hold a special place in someones heart and should not be brought back to new generation because it represents a bygone era.

I agree, thats something Blizzard are completly carelss about, it's a shame. Because wow is just becoming too casual ( like since Cata ) and only getting worse. Blizzard dont realize, thats one of the major reason wow is dying, when the old players leave. The base for new players will get affected so my point is. Blizzard, the only people you help are those who DONT care about the game. New players that will leave again
As an example, I wouldn't quit if everyone started to have Ashes of Al'ar, but I would if they took it away from me. Your Vanilla gear is staying with you so, at worst you might want to find a different xmog that plays off of your sense of specialness. I suggest PvE gear from latest content heroic modes.
I completely agree with OP. These transmog sets should never be obtainable again, they are unique because a very small number of still active players actually possess them, that is true dedication to this game.

If this change makes it to live, can we expect Plagued and Black proto-drakes to make a return? what about Swift Zullian Tiger? Amani War Bear?
05/02/2013 22:54Posted by Zerusi
Quote from Cadash a lvl 80 mage.. and as you guessed once again it's OP posting this on his alt ;)

Busted :D
Re-color the sets for RBG.

Vanilla players happy and RBG (new) players happy.
And Re-color sets will not be that mutch work Blizzard so do it this way to end this discussion.
06/02/2013 01:57Posted by Óak
If this change makes it to live, can we expect Plagued and Black proto-drakes to make a return? what about Swift Zullian Tiger? Amani War Bear?

You mean like Tier 3 showing up on the Black Market?

I have the full set on my Priest and I honestly don't care if others can get it, too.

Also, anyone who has the audacity to consider Grand Marshal vanilla gear to be a token of skill is quite simply delusional or didn't actually play during that time. It took an exorbitant amount of grinding, I'll give you that. But it didn't take any particular skill.
I see no problem with them giving out the gear from RBG, it could use a higher raiting required so that it does not become way to common, or blizz could be nice to the older players and make it so that those who have FoTs would be able to buy replica gear on all their alts.
Considering the fact T3 is now merely a novelty gold sink, i'm fine with it.