Isle of Giants is unfair

General
The big dinosaurs are easy for some classes to solo but almost impossible for the rest. Just saw a blood DK kill a dinosaur with 8M HP in less than a minute. He barely took any damage in the process but when I tried to solo them they hit harder than any boss in LFR and were immune to kiting.
You are level 12, what did you expect?
You are level 12, what did you expect?

Good one hehe

Serious OP Isle of Giants is mean to be hard it is not mean that everyone can run around solo all mobs there even if the are it is mean to be hard for it should take long time get all bones you want there beside bone thing on that isle it only good for hunter. I was somewhat disappoint in that place i believe it should be some dalies quest there and story why we have not see this isle until now and so on but nothing just mindless grinding for the bones and in all honest i think the DK is somewhat over power
Of course DKs are overpowered. They are a hero class and it even says in their starting quest that Arthas gave them immortality. Monks are the only ones who come even close

I just wanted to see if Oondasta had yet spawned.
10/03/2013 07:16Posted by Coldvein
Of course DKs are overpowered. They are a hero class

Hero class means they start at level 55. It does not mean anything other than that.

It's not unfair that one class can do something/have an easier time than another. Otherwise what would be the point of having different classes?
If you can't solo them then group up with someone to make it easier.
I struggle to solo them on my monk, i'm only able to kill the trolls and the weakest dinosaurs, and even then I have to pause the mob mid fight to use a bandage or something sometimes. However, I'd rather struggle but have the options to make it easier by grouping up, than have the dinosaurs nerfed so they're easy for everyone. They're supposed to be a challenge after all.
just visited there, can solo the Trolls. which is all i really need to do.
but I agree some classes have it easy.
Ok what exactly changed for DK`s? his HP is not moving and i see them even in PvE that are topping the healing meters?
those big dino's hit me for 150k-190k dmg each time that seems pretty hard so don't think many clothies could solo them, but the small ones and the trolls are kinda easy
best if you do it in a group. didnt do it for long but i was with a hunter and rogue and we got about 600 bones each before we left and could take all but the biggest dinos
they are not immune to kiting, at least the direhorns even the big ones are slowable, pushbacks and other forms of cc work on them just fine (you are incorrect OP), i guess it's class specific on how you can achieve the kill but i saw no problems killing it as balance druid, yes it takes a while longer than i would like but its dead in the end, if you get a partner to tag along the kills become even easier and faster, two of us were able to kill even the big devilasaur :)
10/03/2013 11:01Posted by Máz
Of course DKs are overpowered. They are a hero class

Hero class means they start at level 55. It does not mean anything other than that.

It's not unfair that one class can do something/have an easier time than another. Otherwise what would be the point of having different classes?

are you new here?DK's have been overpowered since day 1 and still are, in a raid environenet their "super powers" are less noticable but when it comes to defeating pve content solo, b. please....
Maybe level 12 human paladins aren't meant to solo the latest tier of content.
Level 5 Monks can ;o)
DK's have been overpowered since day 1 and still are, in a raid environenet their "super powers" are less noticable but when it comes to defeating pve content solo, b. please....

You are pathetic.

DKs are fine balancing wise, on-par with all other tanks. They take way more dmg, and have a strong self heal to compensate. It is the mechanic of the class.

Of coruse it means that in content, where the incoming dmg is low, the selfheal of the DK outwheights the inc dmg by far, and so the Dk has little to worry about. Get over it.

Besides. the warlocks in my guild can solo most of the little dinos there, too. Does that mean they are also "OP"?

And i am pretty sure any tank can also farm quite well there. At least monks and paladins, and druids for sure. Dunno about warriors, don't know them well enough.

And last, but not least:
Even for DKs farming with a group is MUCH faster then farming alone. Get some DPS and maybe a healer when you also want to make the big ones and farm your bones. Or is it to hard for you to group up with people in a multiplayer game?
I'd say every class can do it, but I envy hunters and blood dks there, I can only take the smaller dinos on, and I spend most of my time kiting without getting many casts off
Beast Master Hunter with Tenacity pet says hi!
12/03/2013 09:52Posted by Netzwérg
DK's have been overpowered since day 1 and still are, in a raid environenet their "super powers" are less noticable but when it comes to defeating pve content solo, b. please....

You are pathetic.

DKs are fine balancing wise, on-par with all other tanks. They take way more dmg, and have a strong self heal to compensate. It is the mechanic of the class.

Of coruse it means that in content, where the incoming dmg is low, the selfheal of the DK outwheights the inc dmg by far, and so the Dk has little to worry about. Get over it.

Besides. the warlocks in my guild can solo most of the little dinos there, too. Does that mean they are also "OP"?

And i am pretty sure any tank can also farm quite well there. At least monks and paladins, and druids for sure. Dunno about warriors, don't know them well enough.

And last, but not least:
Even for DKs farming with a group is MUCH faster then farming alone. Get some DPS and maybe a healer when you also want to make the big ones and farm your bones. Or is it to hard for you to group up with people in a multiplayer game?

Dont fool yourself, when it comes to selfhealing/soaking damage (and solo methods related to those), there are none that can top DK's.
Of course DKs are overpowered. They are a hero class..

Yes, we are.. in your opinion, same as in my opinion pallys are, probably just because i can't play it, but still.. and also in my opinion - when you combine good set of glyphs/talents on your tanking class, you'll find it also easier (not only tallenting for a speedbuff or whatever).
Peace.
Yes, we are.. in your opinion, same as in my opinion pallys are, probably just because i can't play it, but still.. and also in my opinion - when you combine good set of glyphs/talents on your tanking class, you'll find it also easier (not only tallenting for a speedbuff or whatever).
Peace.

Was that really worth the necro. :/
It's disconcerting seeing my old self post.