Engineering: Goblin glider

Professions
Why the recent nerf to Goblin Glider?

Cooldown from 2 min to 5 min?
Gliding time from 2 min to 30 sec?

Did not see anything on the patch notes...
Can you use Goblin Glider when holding a flag? Would be kinda OP in twinpeaks for horde.
Can you use Goblin Glider when holding a flag? Would be kinda OP in twinpeaks for horde.

That was nerfed with 5.1; the button with glider is grey when u carry a flag, so flying accross tha half of the map with flag in twin peaks is not an option anymore.

My guess would be that engineers were using it a lot as a cheap flying pseudo-mount in Pandaland while not 90 yet, and thus having a big advantage over others. By this they simply made people to have to think twice before using its longer cd. Glider was supposed to be just a bit cooler chute, an engineering version of slow fall, something that will save u should u fall over a cliff - and not a free ticket from Kun Lai to Domination Point in 2 minutes on level 86.
Cooldown from 2 min to 5 min?
Gliding time from 2 min to 30 sec?

W'AT?!

Well, so much for that. Back to parachute. -.-'
I dont see any changes made to Goblin Glider mine is still 2 min duration 3 min cooldown and even when i enchant a new 1 its still the same? Sure the tooltip says 30 sec duration but thats prolly a bug or something well idc my glider is still the same.
You might wanna try to actually use it before you go on the forums complaining. It works as it always has.
Not sure what you're on about, you slowly go downward when using it... you do not stay at a high enough altitude to use it as a flying mount from point a to b.

Sorry to break it to you fuzzy cheeks but you simply do not know of what you speak of.

11/03/2013 22:00Posted by Isandlwana

That was nerfed with 5.1; the button with glider is grey when u carry a flag, so flying accross tha half of the map with flag in twin peaks is not an option anymore.

My guess would be that engineers were using it a lot as a cheap flying pseudo-mount in Pandaland while not 90 yet, and thus having a big advantage over others. By this they simply made people to have to think twice before using its longer cd. Glider was supposed to be just a bit cooler chute, an engineering version of slow fall, something that will save u should u fall over a cliff - and not a free ticket from Kun Lai to Domination Point in 2 minutes on level 86.
U are not going down that fast enough to make glider useless for travelling, like the chute is. Have u tried to use it from Mt. Neverest? From there, there is practically no place in Pandaria that wouldnt be reachable by glider. I flew over Kunlai, Eternal Blossoms, Four winds and landed in Krasarang. And from any higher point u can fly for long distance, Jade Forest is ideal place for it, or the chinesse wall as well. It can be used as a mount perfectly, if u know how.
Still has same cooldown and still lasts 2 minutes what are you on about?
How do i get the goblin glider
20/03/2014 15:13Posted by Ráxin
How do i get the goblin glider

You become an engineer (you already got mining and one of the professions that match perfectly with that is actually engineering) and at some point at high skill level you learn the schematics from a trainer (usable at a skill level of 500, not sure at what skill level you can actually learn the schematic).
Then you make the tinker (by buying a "Tinker's Kit" at an engineer vendor or making it yourself and click the "Goblin Glider" under "Tinkers" and press the "Tinker" button), then attach it to your cloak.

PS: Just bear in mind that even though engineering is one if not the most fun professions and you get a lot of cool, fun and useful items, you won't make a lot of gold on it.

PPS: Also, normally you would want to level your professions while leveling your character. As you are level 90 and only got skill level 90 in mining, it will either cost you a lot of work (farming materials, which you primarily get through mining) or a lot of gold to level engineering (engineering is one of the most expensive professions to level if you have to buy all the materials needed from auction house)