Monk PvP = another bad hybrid design

Monk
Like shamans blizzard want us to play as healer and they are improving mw only,we won't see any ww monk in this season too.MW just two time more useful than ww for any group.
I must have missed those MW only buffs, still dying in a single silence....

Just realised the 'Silence i kill you' is true for MW ^^
Agreed, I guess I'll give it one more patch, if 5.3 won't change a thing or ends up with more reverted buffs followed by nerfs, I'll be going MW. Seems quite fun, though I haven't played healer, well, ever in pvp side.
i almost gave up hope for monks because blizzard invented CC and burst on same classes to be stronger... they don't really care but mostly for money and mage buffs (just an example on mage) its getting worse for monk as always NERF NERF BUFF NERF where is the stability? i play MW mostly and i also agree on sillence and other stuffs its a sign for win for their entire enemy team
29/03/2013 17:14Posted by Gizrag
i almost gave up hope for monks

Oh I did.. I was looking forward to 5.2, but then the unreasonable stance nerf tagged along and I just gave up. I cant believe that Blizzard admits the monk class is utterly broken and needs the most attention for 5.2 and then they destroy WW in PvP by making our damage so low.

It seems like to me that they think the class is fine and the reason why monks are doing so poorly in arena is because they dont think no good players play a monk or its because there isnt enough players playing monk.
I think monks are in a brilliant state, my friend has so much fun with my priest in arenas, and I enjoy playing with my other friend in my guild who plays Mistweaver, the class looks really fun, and if you guys don't want it and just complain about it, I'd happily have it as a goblin.

Perhaps more constructive threads on the PTR forum stating what it lacks, and how it could be improved without making it too powerful compared to other classes would help the devs know how to tweak it?

But seriously, I'd love this class as a goblin, it's a shame they won't let us be them. (I'm so obsessed with wanting to be a gob monk)

Not at all.

Not at all.

I agree, have you ever heard of melee eminence healing? you aren't silenced from smacking the target xD
I think monks are in a brilliant state

what about at 2k+ in arena what do you think about monks at that rating?
I agree, have you ever heard of melee eminence healing? you aren't silenced from smacking the target xD

Not just that, he's trying to comment while none of his gear is even gemmed or enchanted. I run with 60% resilience and most of my gear being PvE gear and I simply cannot die, even in a silence, we have too much utility and mobility to die easily. Which is why people focus CC healer monks in arena.
29/03/2013 22:08Posted by Remios
I think monks are in a brilliant state

lolol
29/03/2013 22:58Posted by Pathos

lolol

people take this game far too competitively.. xD It's a fun class, enjoy it.

lolol

What an excellent way to see things, let's not talk about the bad parts of the design of the monk class because they're fun at low ratings!

Oh and screw the people who aspire to get higher ratings lolol.
What an excellent way to see things, let's not talk about the bad parts of the design of the monk class because they're fun at low ratings!

Oh and screw the people who aspire to get higher ratings lolol

Rokku is right though. If you care about getting a high rating so much play a different class if Monk doesn't suit you.

Yeah lets not want be able to play some competitive arena in rated pvp. wat the hell was I thinking.

Rokku is right though. If you care about getting a high rating so much play a different class if Monk doesn't suit you.

Uhm, nope. Every class should have at least 1 viable spec which monks dont even have.

When I did play this game (haven't really played since December) I played every class, not just a monk. But this notion that we should not attempt to point out issues with the monk class so that one day they'll be on the same level as the other classes is ridiculous.

Monks are like one of the only classes that can heal when silenced... you dont need chi torpedo or healing elixers either to do this.

Use eminence and start using jab + Tiger palm its like 20k heals and spammable. So DPSing while silenced is the best way to counter dying in 1 silence.
Uhm, nope. Every class should have at least 1 viable spec which monks dont even have.

MW is viable. So is Ww. I've watched both being played over 2200+ rating.
30/03/2013 01:53Posted by Rintu

MW is viable. So is Ww. I've watched both being played over 2200+ rating.

monks are non existent in rated arena compared to: Mages, locks, warriors, hunters, priests, shamans, dks, rogues, paladins & druids.

You have played just around 122 arena games and youre saying monks are just fine.. like really.. since monks are so great can you perhaps give me a tip on how people would take me in their team over a mage, or any of the 9 other classes since they are better.
Am I the only one enjoying monks right now?

Yes i know the stance nerf was a huge thing, but i don't find myself incapable in competing with damage. The only slight problem i may face is whetever people want me in higher rated, seeing how many don't like to take risk and goes with the traditional comps.