Better Milling/Prospecting Macros

Professions
Hi all

Since blizzard are being stubborn and refusing to make Milling/Prospecting work like a miners smelting I went looking for a Prospecting Macro that actually has a little intelligence and I came across this so I though I'd repost here it for anyone else that might also find it helpful.

Better Milling/Prospecting Macros (Never fail on stacks less than 5 again!)

Essentially this is a two-part macro. Rather than getting stuck in your bags when you hit an uneven stack of herbs/ore, it will skip them and move on to larger stacks further on in your bags. It will also update your current icon to show whichever herb you are milling/prospecting and however much you have left.

FIRST:

Milling

MILLING MACRO 1
(Can be named whatever you want, and just needs to run once upon login)

/run function FnH() for i=0,4 do for j=1,GetContainerNumSlots(i) do local t={GetItemInfo(GetContainerItemLink(i,j) or 0)} if t[7]=="Herb" and select(2,GetContainerItemInfo(i,j))>=5 then return i.." "..j,t[1] end end end end

MILLING MACRO 2
Main Milling macro. IT MUST BE TITLED "Milling2" without the quotations

/run local f,l,n=AuM or CreateFrame("Button","AuM",nil,"SecureActionButtonTemplate") f:SetAttribute("type","macro") l,n=FnH() if l then f:SetAttribute("macrotext","/cast Milling\n/use "..l) SetMacroItem("Milling2",n) end
/click AuM

PROSPECTING

Prospecting Macro 1(Can be named whatever you want, and just needs to run once upon login)

/run function FnO() for i=0,4 do for j=1,GetContainerNumSlots(i) do local t={GetItemInfo(GetContainerItemLink(i,j) or 0)} if t[7]=="Metal & Stone" and select(2,GetContainerItemInfo(i,j))>4 then return i.." "..j,t[1] end end end end

PROSPECTING MACRO 2
Main Prospecting macro. IT MUST BE TITLED "Prospecting2" without the quotations

/run local f,l,n=AuP or CreateFrame("Button","AuP",nil,"SecureActionButtonTemplate") f:SetAttribute("type","macro") l,n=FnO() if l then f:SetAttribute("macrotext","/cast Prospecting\n/use "..l) SetMacroItem("Prospecting2",n) end
/click AuP

I am mainly a miller so I haven't tested the Prospecting macros but they should work. Let me know, and ENJOY!!!
i use much simple ones....

for ex

#showtooltip Prospecting
/cast Prospecting
/use Ghost Iron Ore

same for Milling, and add with /use all the other ores/plants u use, you must have stacks of at least 5 , and be carefull to move those stacks of 1-4 in the last bag (that counts from the unchangeable 16 slot bag as being first)
ill try yours when i get home , but i am aftraid to not get banned :))))
same for Milling, and add with /use all the other ores/plants u use, you must have stacks of at least 5 , and be careful to move those stacks of 1-4 in the last bag (that counts from the unchangeable 16 slot bag as being first)

simpler maybe but more tedious and time consuming if you are doing a lot of milling/prospecting, that's the sort of primitive milling/prospecting macro I used to use before I found the one above which although a little more complex saves me from having to shuffle mats around in my bag.

As the macro causes the prospect/milling command to ignore any stack that is not at least 5 so all I have to do is enable auto loot then keep pressing the button until there is no more herbs to mill or ore to prospect :) much faster at least until blizzard decides to pulls there thumb out and introduces a screen similar to the miners smelting screen for milling and prospecting.

I'll try yours when I get home, but I am afraid to not get banned :))))

why would blizzard ban you for using a macro that fixes something they them selves should have fixed a long time ago?

besides so far as I'm aware its not braking any rules because its not automation, you still have to press the button to make this work the only difference is that instead of having to shuffle stacks of mats around in your bag continually which is tiresome and tedious this will cause the prospect/milling command to ignore any stack that is not at least 5 which as I said the milling prospecting command should be doing by default anyway
is there anyway to get Sparkling shard to combine into serpent's eye while prospecting with the marco? otherwise the macro isn't that good.
Use Enchantrix Addon.
Both the milling and the prospecting macro worked excellent for me! big thanks:!
Can I have italian version? ç_ç
I personally use this for my Ghost Iron Ore, Black Trillium Ore and White Trillium Ore (just replace names).
Basically what it does is when you click it prospects 5 (previously named) ores and auto loots:

#showtooltip Ghost Iron Ore
/in 2.5 /script SetCVar("AutoLootDefault",0)
/run SetCVar("AutoLootDefault",1)
/use Prospecting
/use Ghost Iron Ore
OP Milling macro works with WoD herbs! Thanks alot man!
With macro keyboard you can just set up a button on keyboard and mouse clicker, then go afk :P
The macros work great! Thank you for sharing them.
/panda

works pretty good, with the panda addon ofc =)
The milling2 macro seems to hop towards draenic seeds occaisionally - giving the error message "you cannot mill that".
Very strange but when I use the first milling macro nothing happens .. no error message, no milling, nothing! I also made "Milling2" in a different macro, that one does work however.
Any help?
Just use the mill button addon on Curse. A very intelligent milling addon.
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/millbutton
"Due to improved server update time with WoD and also due to how the addon is built, in rare cases it is possible to actually lose loot."

I think I'll pass on that addon and just use a macro, that additionally doesn't clutter things up.
Great macro, thanks a lot :)
Since this is still one of the top Google Search Result for "wow milling macro", here's an addon I quickly wrote which does the "run on login" macro automatically.
You no longer have to run the first macro and won't even need it in your macro list.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c7ap7dygmxntwg9/MillingFunction.zip?dl=1

Move the folder contained in the zip file to your addons folder (...\World Of Warcraft\Interface\Addons).

It's for Version 6.2.x
If you are from the future:

Enable "Allow outdated addons"

OR

- Just paste /run print((select(4, GetBuildInfo()))); in the chat and press ENTER.
    - It will output a number like 60200.
    - Open the file _MillingFunction.toc in the folder of my addon
    - Replace the 60200 in the first line with the one you got (For Legion it is probably something like 70100.)

The addons does nothing except defining the function you need for your "Milling2" macro.

For the prospecting macro, open main.lua file in the folder of my addon and replace everthing with the following.
function FnO()
for i=0,4
do
for j=1,GetContainerNumSlots(i)
do
local t={GetItemInfo(GetContainerItemLink(i,j) or 0)}
if t[7]=="Metal & Stone" and select(2,GetContainerItemInfo(i,j))>4
then
return i.." "..j,t[1]
end
end
end