Roleplaying Pregnancy

Argent Dawn
I've done this once, nine month lasting realistic pregnancy on my druid. Yet we all don't have nine months to RP our characters so how long would realistic, roleplayed, pregnancy last in your opinion?
nine months. my ic mum did it that way and it was fun. if you don;t have the time for a nine month realistic pregnacy don;t bother having a pregnacy. it's annoying to see these babys go 0 to like 5 in one year.
It really kinda depends on what you feel like, considering it's your RP and all. Want to RP it out fully? Sure! Want to time skip a bit, maybe just speed it up so you don't spend nine months RPing it out, because perhaps that may be a bit of a drag? Sure!

Depends what you and your RP partner fancy doing, really! But, that's just my opinion.
I'd say seven or eight months at least. 'Course you could say it's been a thing for the past few months and it's only just recognizable!
nine months. my ic mum did it that way and it was fun. if you don;t have the time for a nine month realistic pregnacy don;t bother having a pregnacy. it's annoying to see these babys go 0 to like 5 in one year

Yeah nine months pregnancy is fine to RP out but... Child growing up... Now that's worse dilemma! We don't have 12 years to waste of our lives for RP'ing this out... Unless if we go hardcore.
I'd say seven or eight months at least. 'Course you could say it's been a thing for the past few months and it's only just recognizable!

This; you can skip ahead to a pretty long way into the pregnancy if you feel like it.
28/05/2013 12:33Posted by Shaona
nine months. my ic mum did it that way and it was fun. if you don;t have the time for a nine month realistic pregnacy don;t bother having a pregnacy. it's annoying to see these babys go 0 to like 5 in one year

Yeah nine months pregnancy is fine to RP out but... Child growing up... Now that's worse dilemma! We don't have 12 years to waste of our lives for RP'ing this out... Unless if we go hardcore.

But then again, maybe you shouldn't rp having a child at all in that case.
28/05/2013 12:37Posted by Gwendyn

But then again, maybe you shouldn't rp having a child at all in that case.

I would agree. I've seen some play it out, but to the point of actually conceiving, they put the child away to continue RP on their own characters, and then hop back to the child who aged like twelve years in a span of a few months.
This is interesting, for Huo's wife recently popped, here's how we RP'ed it out.
Looking at how Huo and his wife are Pandaren, i decided to look up "Pandas" on Wikipedia, and it said there that a panda's pregnancy can take 112 to 163 days (Roughly 4 to 6 months).
Therefore we RP'ed it out for 5 months or so.

Sadly, this is not really a thing for night elves

This is probably the best answer you have.
Depends on the size of the race. Night elves are larger than humans so their pregnancies would likely be slightly longer - probably not significantly so, but maybe a week to a month longer, so 10 months max. A tauren might take 11 to 12 months, whereas a gnome would probably be pregnant for a comparably short time: maybe as low as 4 months. Blood elves/high elves, orcs and other races with a size comparable to a human would safely land within the 9 month area.

But as Pirris says, there's room to skip forward to a more noticeable stage.
Just get a bronze dragon (normally found in the pig and whistle) to magic your baby to adulthood with full ninja skills and eyepatch with glowing red daggers and evil hood.

Or if you're a man make sure you take some alchemy drink that allows you to conceive then give birth on the same night.

don't forget the worgendk pups with noggen fogger level 58 for maximum results.
Just get a bronze dragon (normally found in the pig and whistle) to magic your baby to adulthood with full ninja skills and eyepatch with glowing red daggers and evil hood.

Also acceptable. If you can't find a bronze dragon in your local tavern, journey to the Caverns of Time, grab your baby by the ankle and toss it into a stream of volatile time magic until the desired age is reached. Don't worry about it hitting its head when you throw it: it's not as if a blow to the head will be noticeable when it's done aging.
Also if you go to the caverns of time, make sure that the baby is a hybrid. Something like a demon/orc/tauren baby is always a classic one, at least it was on my old realm /wrist.

But yes, you can skip the first few months easily, and even after that you can just have your char don't look pregnant at all. Heck, I got a few example of people irl I know, who well, did wear very loose clothes since forever, and only the last 2 months or so others started to ask if they were pregnant or not.

But please, if your char is pregnant, don't do stupid heroic stuff. Don't go to war any more, don't get yourselves in fight on purpose, and specially don't go "QQ I had miscarriage noa, grimdark rp inc and gief attention IC and OOC plox". I've seen it done, and it made me claw my eyes out.
You guys are insane... Seriously, you scare me.

First off, it is very easy to say how things should be and such when you don't have to do it Yourself. nine months some say. Well you imagine playing as being pregnant yourself for nine months first. With the hormones, cramps, no awesome dragon fights anymore etc. Hilariously fun those nine months will be.

But nine months pregnancy is realistic! I hear people shout at me.
If you want that kind of realistic dedication then you should want that with everything.
I AM YET TO MEET ANOTHER CHARACTER THAT POOPS!
I can almost guarantee that your character have never done the number two which is something one gotta do almost daily (depends on diet) but nine months pregnancy is a must.
Or do you just want others to do it because you're never going to do it yourself?

Finally, are you even going to remember that pregnant character after nine months?
Half the people I rp'd with have likely already quit wow or race changed by then.
But realism is badrp, this is fantasy game with cowpeople riding little chickens and tiny midgets blowing things up with atom bombs.
Don't worry about it hitting its head when you throw it: it's not as if a blow to the head will be noticeable when it's done aging.

I suppose throwing a kobold or perhaps a Hogger after the baby would be recommended so that the child gets proper education during it's growing up period! A nanny needs to be sacrificed

*Nod nod*

I AM YET TO MEET ANOTHER CHARACTER THAT POOPS!
I can almost guarantee that your character have never done the number two which is something one gotta do almost daily (depends on diet) but nine months pregnancy is a must.
Or do you just want others to do it because you're never going to do it yourself?

My chars pee and poo, sometimes even at same time. Just don't play "peek'a boo" while doing it..... As for my druidess, I've Rp'ed her for roughly four years now and still do now and then. The children have been growing at mountainside of Thunderbluff due to...

*cough* Preventing inconveniences.
28/05/2013 13:32Posted by Dihn
Well you imagine playing as being pregnant yourself for nine months first. With the hormones, cramps, no awesome dragon fights anymore etc. Hilariously fun those nine months will be.

I'm currently having a character who is having all of that, and am playing out her pregnancy for nine months. Currenlty, she's in her fifth month. It's actually kind of enjoyable, because it brings a lot of new and different roleplay to the table (mostly frustrating limitations).

You're not online 24/7 rping, so surely a lot of things (like taking a dump) can just happen off-screen?
But realism is badrp, this is fantasy game with cowpeople riding little chickens and tiny midgets blowing things up with atom bombs.

You forgot people pooping horses from their behinds when ever it's convenient! Even Vereesa Windrunner and the Pandabear at scenario practise this. I say it's loreproof that we can poo mounts!
I'm currently having a character who is having all of that, and am playing out her pregnancy for nine months. Currenlty, she's in her fifth month. It's actually kind of enjoyable, because it brings a lot of new and different roleplay to the table (mostly frustrating limitations).

You're not online 24/7 rping, so surely a lot of things (like taking a dump) can just happen off-screen?

Yeah it was fun too at the time when roleplaying first pregnancy... I guess this second one could have it's first couple months skipped. Brb, going to tame a bronze or infinite dragon!
Yeah it was fun too at the time when roleplaying first pregnancy... I guess this second one could have it's first couple months skipped. Brb, going to tame a bronze or infinite dragon!

Hold on I have a vial of the sands does that count! I can magics you a grown up!

I have done one rp pregnancy, 9 months. On my second, 4 months to go, RP wise I retired from public life, ie: No missions, no fighting, no RP PvP, no healing others, nothing that has any risk.

I have seen a few peeps that do the "poop/pee" thing.. Nimsil being one.. very funny when he shouts out from behind a tree "Stop staring at my love rocket".