ww monk is fun but suck!

Monk
Ye ye we are good in 1v1 and with the best players we can brly go 2,2k arena! I strugle to find a rbg team who can take,lol they prefer an F. lock for Fc who is mutch better then anyother tank atm, wonder what is so rong with this game? Brm spec suck,ww spec is fun but suck,u can never go in an over 1900cr rbg team if u dont have some friends in it! So whats the point? shood i roll OP locks? mages? mw is not for me!
If you have fun with your class then why would you care about your arena rating?
"Clears throat" where shall i begin?
Well first of all... charging ox wave. why, just why? sure it goy it's ups for interrupting a caster if you are rooted or unable to get there fast, but the time it will take you to close the gap will make the stun perish and you will once again be the target dummy of a caster.

and monks are doing just fine in both 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5.
it's all about finding the right combination.
i personally like rolling with a retribution paladin for 2v2. we both got good selfheal and dmg, and can with no problems drag an arena fight out enought to cc the healer and burst down the dps.
this combo can't unfortunetly get you to 2.2k rating, but it's fun none the less.
going for rating you need to find a healer, resto druid or disc is awesome. cause, for crying out loud, we were made for long fights. simply get 20 stack of ToB and unleash hell on your opponent.
monks got overall good dmg and selfheal, and lots of mobility.
so saying that we sucks is just plain stupid. and, with all due respect for you 1.6k rbg rating, pvp comes down to skills even thought you are out manned, out gunned and out played. you can still turn it around if you give it your best shot and time your cc'es right.
also, try to get glyph of sparring, helps out a great deal against caster.
also, isn't the game all about having fun? if you are having a good time on your monk, but not getting good result, you can rage at your screen for 5 minuttes, log off wow and go watch a movie or something. then think back and say "atleast i had fun".
thats what i do everytime i encounter 3 blood dk's in a bg that svarms me >.<
~~charrx
l2p problem . WW can go glad or whatever with skill,effort and good partners, other people have proved it and continue to do so. We arent overpowered like hunter/feral/etc atm so if you want easier ratings then probably better to roll to one of your other characters, but if you like your monk like you say then continue to improve and have faith:)
qq unbalanced game but thats WoW :-P
concerning RBG-s i understand you and its kinda annoying yeah but its not problem with monk imo its with the people wanting only FOTM cleave-s.

my 2 cents
to be honest I don't feel ( for the first time in years) like my results are contioned by my class. I need better gear, and so does my partner, and maybe running with another monk (mw) ain't the best comp but we got to 1670 rating, and 10 winning streaks. SO us being 2 monks, and beating so many other comps I don't think we suck at all... L2p issue really I'm afraid.

This class is very "skill-dependent" and I notice myself improving with time and experience, not with class buffs (wich are like... none?!).

Put some effort into it, you'll find out that monks when used to the fullest can make some jaws drop... I myself have done several 1v2 matches and won.

Other classes don't know us, don't knwo what to do with us and even against us! We are a bunch of weirdos rolling around... the only thing they know about us is ToK really... that's why ppl don't really "go with us" sometimes. On the other hand, you can easily surprise your opponent most of the times.

cheers
We be fine, mon. RBGs? Who be carin'?
ww is fine in arena and fun

melees are not so wanted in rbg

if you wanna do rbg
1. get dual talent
2. spec mw
3. farm some gear
4. lose your fun but get your rating

be happy that we have even 1 spec what can do rbg and ppl sometimes can take even 2 monks.
In arenas our best option might be disc(cause they r fcking OP )
Actually every dps class can do well with a disc...
Monks are awesome and fun BUT
1. it sucks that you cant be a part of an RBG (and no,i didnt create a monk to heal,i rerolled a monk to fist ppl in the face)
2. Even in arenas its difficult to find partners cause most ppl prefer other classes (frostmages/undk/bmhunters etc/ferals/rets)

PS.I just made a warlock just to do things that i cant do with my monk,i still love fisting but...
charging ox wave is only for fun,am alrdy 2.2k and 2,3k on other chars in arena and rbg and i know how to play this class owining in bgs but when i go arena i feel no tower of power in 3s...vs mages and other OP comps! Somone make a mistake healer,dps or me! shure rly is not so easy like ret/hunter mage/anything etc but,,,is hard and ppl dont have the patient to go aver some looses and they leave u know the fealing :) ! so yes i know what talents and glyphs to use for 2s,3s and rbg in i have a nice set of skillz is just hard for (no friends in wow) to find nice teams for my no noob ww monk! And yes mw can be fun but like Ariste say fisting in the face is much better! ty guys and have fun!
Man, monk doesn't suck...
Nice to meet you in arena today Owisun, dunno if you recognised my name since so many repliers but I sure did recognise you. GF all 3 games.
monks are fine :)
Nice to meet you in arena today Owisun, dunno if you recognised my name since so many repliers but I sure did recognise you. GF all 3 games.

Yo was 2-1 for u im right>? u killed my healer twice? Im at 1950 rating but have big problems with ret/hunt,mage-priest
man sorry but you are noob l2p.
I dont find us 2 be weak at all.
The best feeling is when healers are unaware of our ramp up time and become more and more relaxed cause we dont hurt that much but that moment you hit 10 stacks, the sweetest feeling in the world punching that healer in the face.
I just came back from vacation for 3 weeks i have never played a class witch i had lost so many fine tuning things with like this one.
I find this is the hardest class too play and manage but great fun!
I dont find us 2 be weak at all.
The best feeling is when healers are unaware of our ramp up time and become more and more relaxed cause we dont hurt that much but that moment you hit 10 stacks, the sweetest feeling in the world punching that healer in the face.
I just came back from vacation for 3 weeks i have never played a class witch i had lost so many fine tuning things with like this one.
I find this is the hardest class too play and manage but great fun!
The best feeling is when healers are unaware of our ramp up time and become more and more relaxed cause we dont hurt that much but that moment you hit 10 stacks, the sweetest feeling in the world punching that healer in the face

the sweet sweet feeling of critting over 120k and burning them down :D
it is just the curent state of high rated pvp. The team that pushes the other one to play defensive wins, in most cases. And monks just arn't the class that can do that at the start as good as some other classes. Usualy in 3's i poped xuen as soon as i got in melee range of someone and if you get lucky he won't land in a ring or fear. That is one of the downsides that a part of your burst can be chain cc-ed :(.

Overall i think monk's are well balanced at the moment and you can only expect boosts in the future as we are a bit underpopulated and that's how blizzard rolls. No monk's? 100% dmg boost! To many monk's? Boost mages! gg.
Monks can literally lock the whole team down. Just do that and let your hunter solo the team (assuming you play WW/hunter/disc which you should) against things like junglecleave you can have 90% control of the feral, and win the game like that. They only have 1 trinket and don't do anything while stunned!

You can set up paralyze on ele shaman when you hunter goes for trap. And para ele for priest to fear. High skill cap and coordination / synergy with your team is required to pull it off. But you can do really well of you try.