What was in the Scarlet Enclave pre-WotLK?

General
So I have been playing since vanilla, but I was really young back then. And, I was a terrible reroller, so I never really got to lvl 60 before TBC was released and I don't think I've often been in the plaguelands during vanilla - TBC.

So for those who remember, I'm just curious, what was in the Scarlet Enclave and Acherus areas of the EPL before WotLK came out?
They just added those when Wotlk started.
There was nothing? So Tyr's Hand just cut off at the sea?
Yeah, as far as i remember, pretty sure i used to fish there. If you think of how the hinterlands ends, a small patch of grass, cliffs and sea, like that.
At Acherus spot, back in time, you just had mountain and nothing to walk on. The place called "Ruins of the Scarlet Enclave" was "Tyrs Hand" back in days and had full of dangerous elite scarlet mobs. Used to be the farm place at lvl 60 for very good geared players.

Tyrs Hand, had elite mobs all around the area and in few chapels/Barrack where some named rare mobs could appear in. And the very classic elite patrol, walking from Stratholme to Tyrs Hand. If you meet them, they finished you off before you could say gg.

:-)
At Acherus spot, back in time, you just had mountain and nothing to walk on. The place called "Ruins of the Scarlet Enclave" was "Tyrs Hand" back in days and had full of dangerous elite scarlet mobs. Used to be the farm place at lvl 60 for very good geared players.

As Tyr's hand was full of Elite SC's, was there any quests associated with it? If so you would need a decent size party?

Also it is a pity that 90% of the SC are no longer human.

With the fall of Stratholme, when Balnazzar cast off his disguise, those in Tyr's Hand could have become Unfriendly towards Alliance and Hostile to Horde would have been an interesting twist in the story or, they disbanded to join the Argent Dawn too.

But I don't think much of this "Risen" story. What I don't understand is that if Balnazzar was "hidden" in Stratholme how did the Risen take hold in Tyr's Hand which is the other side of the Plague lands not far from Light's Hope Chapel.
And the very classic elite patrol, walking from Stratholme to Tyrs Hand. If you meet them, they finished you off before you could say gg. :-)

I really miss those guys. Even more brutal then the 2x horde wolfriders in Nagrand. One of the greatest feats back in Vanilla was a troll mage (Faxmonkey?) who soloed these 5 mobs.

Tyrs Hand, had elite mobs all around the area and in few chapels/Barrack where some named rare mobs could appear in. And the very classic elite patrol, walking from Stratholme to Tyrs Hand. If you meet them, they finished you off before you could say gg.

:-)

Clicking on the 'Blood of Heroes' you could find near the roads out of curiosity led to irrate Elites as well :)
As Tyr's hand was full of Elite SC's, was there any quests associated with it? If so you would need a decent size party?

I don't remember any quests there. Just the elites dropping righteous orbs for crusader.

I really miss those guys. Even more brutal then the 2x horde wolfriders in Nagrand. One of the greatest feats back in Vanilla was a troll mage (Faxmonkey?) who soloed these 5 mobs.

That was indeed Faxmonkey that soloed them. Do you really miss them though? They were like the T-Rex in Un'goro that liked creeping up on players completely unnoticed. Or Fel Reavers. Surprise, you're dead!
Behind the monastery in Tyr's Hand there was a mountain, so there was technically no eastern sea/beach to be found.

And I remember 'grinding' those elites on my shaman for gold and the occasional item. I was only MC/ZG-geared, so I could fight one, maybe two at a time. If I pulled three it was either leg it or die.
And I remember 'grinding' those elites on my shaman for gold and the occasional item. I was only MC/ZG-geared, so I could fight one, maybe two at a time. If I pulled three it was either leg it or die.

I was only MC/ZG-geared

And that was already pretty high end for the vast majority of the player base. It illustrates how silly those who have the audacity to say that world content never was nerfed really are.
i used to gank alliance gold farmers in there.
It was there, you just couldnt enter in as far since there was a big gate, just like the Worgens zone.