Website Cleanup Incoming

General
1 2 3 12 Next
Like any good webmasters, we look at World of Warcraft site stats on a regular basis, and we're always evaluating which aspects of the site people find most useful. Over time, we've identified a few areas that players don't really seem to visit but that still require a bit of effort for us to keep updated each time we release a new content update. For most of these, it's pretty obvious why they don't draw a lot of attention-they tend to focus on things that are simply more compelling to look at inside the game, are a "given," or are already well-served and readily available elsewhere, like on fansites.

Early next week we'll be doing some cleanup and removing the following rarely visited, higher-maintenance sections from the World of Warcraft website:

Game Guide

Guild Profiles

Character Profiles

Here are just a few fansites that provide a wealth of information on the above topics, as well as a whole lot more!
I sometimes use the pets and mounts part of my character profile to identify which mounts I'm missing and how to obtain them (still working towards the "200 mounts" achievement). It can be quite difficult to recognize which ones you're still missing solely in-game so wouldn't it be possible to expand the "mounts interface" in the game to include mounts you haven't obtained yet, similar to the way it already is in the pet interface in case this change goes through?
And yet another fun thread in the General Discussion gets destroyed.

R.I.P http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7560416014

Really don't see why you would remove the Pets & Mounts section on players their profile as threads clearly indicate it gets used often.

And as the person above me described it is useful for people to see which mounts they want to work towards/are available.
I remember the old off-topic section ;_;
I used the pets and mounts to check if some of my guildies needed pets so I could surprise them and gave it to them if I had some pet spare they didn't have.

You can't use warcraftpets.com for that since you can only see registered members pets.
Pets and Mounts in character profiles? Why? I'm using that very often and i think that there's hundreds of people that are using it too.
Please don't remove the Pets & Mounts section of the Armory!
Uh Pets & Mounts is actually REALLY useful when you look at the character armory...

Edit: Anyway why remove the armory options..even now we have limited ability at seeing what a character has currently and I doubt it has to do with maintenance as long as everything is automatically adjusted..character profile is fine as it is I would say.
NO! please dont't touch the character profiles! I beg you^^
I say this for two reasons:

First - I love to see the list of my mounts and pets and my reputations all green

Second - I am a Guild Master and I always look at the reputation list of the guild applicants
If it is a veteran of the game, It tells me somehow what and how long he/she has runned places like BT, Firelands, Kahrazan with that character and if the applicant is the "grind- kind of guy"
I personally use Character Profiles -> Professions to see where and what I miss to learn. I know, that this also can be found on wowhead profile. :)

I think people don't use all of this things, because info in the sections is just not enough, build with almost no specific info. I use some of the section, go to placeX and use wowhead link for more and fresh info. So for next time make things better and will work better :)

Idea for mounts section in game is good, Jarrad :)
It can be quite difficult to recognize which ones you're still missing solely in-game so wouldn't it be possible to expand the "mounts interface" in the game to include mounts you haven't obtained yet, similar to the way it already is in the pet interface?

I totally agree with you on this one! I don't mind the other things too much really, though I do know that some do use the other functions of the armory.. but if the mount tab in game could be updated as the pet tab was to show you the "Not yet obtained" mounts it would be fantastic! I do use the Pets and Mounts tab quite a lot too look for mounts that I haven't been lucky enough to find, so an in game update for this would not go amiss! Other than that I have no real problems with the Cleanup!
I wouldn't wanna have the pets & mounts tab removed since I use it quite often to identify which pets/mounts I have and/or miss, or to see which pets and mounts friends have in case I feel in the "gifting" mood so I know who could use them.

I hope you'll reevaluate your decision about the pets and mount tab. :)
Wtf ... Do NOT remove Pets and Mounts in character profiles O_o
I would suggest not removing pet & mount in the character profiles since i find them very usefull (alot of people do)
Good webmaster is looking up where is the problem with low activity and he will try to do something with it, lazy webmaster remove low visited sections ;)
09/08/2013 19:08Posted by Agramonia
I used the pets and mounts to check if some of my guildies needed pets so I could surprise them and gave it to them if I had some pet spare they didn't have.

Pretty much same thing here.
Don't remove the Pets & Mounts profiles :(
I think mounts/pet/reputation should stay delete the rest.
Let me join the camp of keeping pets and mounts character profiles. I'm actually quite surprised it doesn't get that much of an use. I'd like you guys to consider a weighted approach to these: perhaps it gets used by too few people, but those who do find it extremely useful, thus weighting more.

If you want to go through with it, you might want to add http://simplearmory.com/ as a replacement: it does a decent job, but lacks the wonderful fake-3d models, as well as the feed for wild pets (selecting realms is also wildly annoying).

I also use the profession feed sometimes; I'm not that jaded about it's removal, though. However, I don't think there's any replacement for it yet (to check other people that is).
Character Profiles

Pets & Mounts

That's the main reason I go to the armory, I was there earlier today see what mounts and pets I'm still missing. If that is removed how will we know which ones we are missing, where and how to get them?
I for one don't use the forums, or the blizzard sites all that much myself anymore. I try to, but there's often better alternatives around elsewhere.

Still, removing content will only make it less used than it is already. Shouldn't you focus on making people want to use the blizzard sites and forums instead ?