Monk Survivability is Low

Monk
Hello, title says everything, me and my fellow mage playing 2v2 till we got to 1900 and at that rating or even 1800 we started to face some skilled players who knows the point of weakness in any class, and i found out that my class' survival is very low and i can't survive when they turn onto me and its all about Touch of Karma if i have it i'll survive for a very short duration if i don't GG i'm dead my rolls and serpent kicks won't help.

i guess our class needs a strong survive ability like paladins, mages, priests, hunter ... etc... and i believe hunters will get x2 deterrence, i think monks might use x2 Touch of Karma cause we can't stand against them at all, they just burst us in no time forcing us to use touch of karma and when it ends he'll use 9000 pets ability and i'm dead.

i demand balance between classes, cuz many people left their classes just because they can't stand against some classes, but i'm not gonna reroll to another top class in 2v2 or 3v3 in order to be competitve, if i wanna play the game i wanna play with my favorite class and spec.

p.s i don't want ppl to come and say omg wtf noob bbq sauce, i have a resto shaman and i have been to 2350 in 3s bracket and it can be checked in my achievements, therefore i'm allowed to speak about PvP balancing and !@#$.

peace.
have fun playing vs paladins that know that you can dispel karma with bop and instakill you, karma, the most unreliable pos abillity in the game that is the most important one we have.

Can be dispelled with bubble/block/bop, grounded and silenced, not to mention damaged trough in 3 seconds by ret/hunter/feral teams
Nah its not
Tok should be a self buff imo
invalid
Are you actually joking? This has to be a troll post...
I started monk we pvp 3 weeks ago, and atm I am playing at 2.1k mmr in 3s, in 2v2 we can kite forever, you just need to learn to play...
the discussion is clearly for 2s Mr.Badass but please,teach us...
you mean we can actually Kite ppl till they give up and ragequit?Oh i never thought of that...
I started monk we pvp 3 weeks ago, and atm I am playing at 2.1k mmr in 3s, in 2v2 we can kite forever, you just need to learn to play...

troll post? why should i waste my time writing 4 paragraphs ? 2.1mmr and you're happy about it yeah, now go beyond that.... your class cant, !@#$ then
the discussion is clearly for 2s Mr.Badass but please,teach us...
you mean we can actually Kite ppl till they give up and ragequit?Oh i never thought of that...

the post is about monk survivability not about 2v2, open your eyes and read well.
Hello, title says everything, me and my fellow mage playing 2v2 till we got to 1900 and at that rating or even 1800 we started to face some skilled players who knows the point of weakness in any class, and i found out that my class' survival is very low and i can't survive when they turn onto me and its all about Touch of Karma if i have it i'll survive for a very short duration if i don't GG i'm dead my rolls and serpent kicks won't help.

i demand balance between classes, cuz many people left their classes just because they can't stand against some classes, but i'm not gonna reroll to another top class in 2v2 or 3v3 in order to be competitve, if i wanna play the game i wanna play with my favorite class and spec.

so wait,you dont qq for survability on 2s?but in the end you actually write that you dont want to reroll a FOTM class for 2s/3s.

Last words since you have no clue about hunters
You have a mage by your side,nuke the pet from LOS to avoid trap or let your mage provoke and get the first scatter,then disarm him.Once you kill the pet(if he has ferocity spec you will have to do it once more but pet dies with 3-5 globals and if you FoF the pet you avoid cower -when hunters are against mages they pick ROS most of the times-) you can f@ck the hunter so bad he will come in the forums and cry.You will sit on his face(you & your mage) and he can only use arcane,concus and scatter trap/silence.His stampede is useless and if you cc his partner for 6 secs(poly/para) you can kill the hunter in 1 stun.If you guys suck so bad and he actually gets a rez,deal again with the same way

-peace,im out of this !@#$ gl with your arenas-

This here is an interesting post, a guy in "2.1k" mmr with a team that appearantly was so good they disbanded and never left 1732 now telling OP how to play, i think he mistook 1721 as 2.1k mmr
WW survival is generally ok if you pillar a lot. But, this is inconvenient when almost every other class can mongo in and not worry too much about dying instantly.

Haven't played 3s for a while on this, so I'd be rusty as hell and any advice I -could- give may well be useless. But, for 2s at least, it just comes down to good chi wave/expel usage between CDs and healing elixirs. You don't have to pillar much at all in 2s if you're running with a decent healer and use your own stuff smartly. BGs - who cares. RBGs - gl getting in decent ones as WW.

Merc out.

P.s. lol 1700 nerds raging at each other
Lot's of cool guys and bad-asses in this thread. So I needed to post here.
Hunter priest is maybe hardest comp to me. We dont use any voice com so my healer get some traps, but only trap is like nothing i mostly los heal and peel follow up cc. Still its long game and we lose half of those.

Hunter retri full spirit shell, karma pet to survive spam all cc. If you survive wings you win.

Play with disc its best ww 2vs2 setup i think. Even im kinda low rated monk.
^^ posted wrong monk.
But my key surviving is loss and heal ww is not a tank spec.
I started monk we pvp 3 weeks ago, and atm I am playing at 2.1k mmr in 3s,

Meanwhile, has 0 3v3 games played
I was playing BM/WW/disc at 2k1 and we faced a WW/WAR/Disc team. We thought wars were a pain to focus because of the defenstive stance and stuff, so we went on the monk.
It was fairly easy to bring him down to 40%, but then, it was downright impossible to even touch him. If we ever made a nice cc chain on him and the healer at the same time, he would always have a cooldown to save him. A monk who uses his cooldowns well and knows how to kite is the worst target for arena, because even if his pressure gets really limitated, you still have your two dps running in the wind while the opposing free dps tears a new hole to your healer.

I used to share your opinion, but just put one foot into a v3 arena, and you'll see that if the opposing team focuses you, the match becomes fairly esay (granted you know how to play defensive).

For c2, it's even worse. Exept for Hunt/disc which can cc your healer for ever, you just can't die. I almost never lose a v2 because I died, it's always my priest.
If you want to play a class that don't have to worry about positionning and can mongo through anything, juste don't play a monk.
There's no getting away from the fact that some comps (Ret/Hunter/Disc to be an example) are just going to fluff you up in 3s unless you have someone who is able to peal like a God and your "Get the Hell out of here!" skills are near Gladiator on certain maps.

In 2s it's a completely different scenario.

I play MW/WW in 2s as well as HPala/WW in 2s (my partner has two monks) and we have managed to reach 2k fairly easily with both compositions. We aren't Gladiators or anything, but we have good personal synergy together despite our classes DRing to hell and not being top tier.

I think if you are struggling to play your windwalker monk and survive, especially in 2s (As this is what you are referring to in your main post, so I will just refer to this) then it's a L2P issue, which is fine. You may be good at playing a Restoration Shaman but just because you are high rated on a healer doesn't mean you're going to be a 2.3k Monk. I couldn't dream of getting 2k even on an Elemental Shaman, because quite frankly- I suck.

Might I suggest some things, which may help you in the long run on your WW? This is from a healers perspective and how I have observed my partner living through what sometimes seems like the impossible.

- Glyphs: Touch of Death, Glyph of Paralysis, Glyph of Touch of Karma.
Spinning Crane kick isn't useful at all, I have seen some people go with Glyph of sparring but it's each to their own, I know what I prefer my WW having.

- If you're against a hunter, try to eat as many traps as possible. My WW partner tends to eat majority of hunter traps or prevent them with CC preemptively before the trap is landed.

- Abuse transcendence. If you can avoid damage altogether without using a defensive cooldown your healer will love you.

- If you're against a disc priest, be sure to force fears out of him so your healer can dispel you, or snare him whilst he is going for your healer so he is unable to land it. There's nothing better than seeing a priest attempting to crawl towards you.

- If you're playing against Ret/Hunter, a sneaky thing to do is to Touch of Karma his pet, majority (not all) of Paladins have their friends macro'd, but not pets up until a certain MMR/Rating. Outside of this you're just going to have to turtle and run like a madman.

- Paralysis is your best friend, as is FoF, Disarm and Leg sweep. Know when to use them and how to mitigate damage.

- Always be sure with what talents you are going for. (I assume you know to take Diffuse magic vs Wizard comps and healing elixirs vs melees) - While we are on the subject of healing elixirs, be sure to always take it vs DKs, that necrotic strike is nasty and that is a Godsend for your healer if you can help on removing them. Also if you can anticipate deep freezes and preemptively use your diffuse, that is also another wonderful thing.

- Rotate your cooldowns accordingly, if you're able to get away without using one, do so, if you're in trouble, don't be afraid to use them. It's all about knowing how and when to turtle, and when to pop and what to pop.

- Pillar humping and orb spamming, I see my partner doing it all the time. He will literally leg it behind a pillar, heal himself up and turtle like hell until I am able to rescue him.

There's various other things I could give you tips on, but it's late and I'm sleepy. Good luck! x
It's easy enough to eat traps in 2's, and like someone has said, if your healer (no doubt a disc priest) gets a trap you've got several CD's to survive the duration & you can always interrupt the chain fear/MC after trap. I haven't really played many 3's on this if any so can't really comment as I'm a part time player at the most
Healing Elixirs.
Leg Sweep.
Fists of Fury.
Touch of Karma.
Grapple Weapon.
Disable.
Chi Wave.
Flying Serpent Kick.
Fortifying Brew.
Nimble Brew.
Expel Harm.
Healing Sphere.

Monk has so much utility, that I almost don't know what to hit next. Your survivability lies in weakening your target and stunlocking/selfhealing. The only concern might lie in the cooldowns of the above abilities.