Patch 5.4 Developer Interviews

General
Patch 5.4: Siege of Orgrimmar introduces a ton of exciting new content and features, including Flexible Raiding, a new solo Pet Battle Scenario, the Timeless Isle, Proving Grounds, a new Raid dungeon, and more.

To delve further into what this patch brings to the game, we’ve reached out to many influential fansites and players in the community for the biggest round of developer interviews to-date! As we're already well underway, you can use the list below to track the latest information straight from our developers.

Interviews that will be live streamed have dates/times listed. Each URL will be updated with a hyperlink to the interview once it’s posted.

Ion Hazzikostas & Greg Street

Greg Street & Brian Holinka

Tom Chilton, Game Director

Dave Kosak, Lead Quest Designer

Cory Stockton, Lead Content Designer

Greg Street, Lead Systems Designer

Ion Hazzikostas, Lead Encounter Designer

Helen Cheng, Quest Designer

Marco Koegler, Technical Director

Making of "The Burdens of Shaohao"
  • The Instance with Chris Metzen, Doug Gregory & Laurel Austin (Audio)
  • WoW Insider with Micky Neilson & Doug Gregory (Transcript)
Arenajunkies interview with Ghostcrawler and Holinka:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7946684740
Where is the interview with Crendor??
Cory Stockton, Lead Content Designer
- YouTube.com/Wowcrendor
Greg Street & Brian Holinka, Senior PvP Designer

ArenaJunkies.com (live stream Friday, Aug 23 at 12:30 am CEST)
Twitch.tv/Swifty (live stream Friday, Aug 22 at 1:00 am CEST)

One might wonder what kind of hacks Blizz are using to get two fridays in a row..
will rogues be good?
will locks stop getting nerfed every patch?
Why you no update this topic?

Due to lazy EU Community manager, Im posting this information here.
Relevantly updated topic on US side can be found here:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9664206444

Go there for working links on Tom Chilton, Game Director interviews, and additional information about Chris Metzen interview

Uh, what ever, I just quote it here.
Making of "The Burdens of Shaohao"
Interviews to be conducted August 19-23
TheInstance.net w/ guests Chris Metzen & Doug Gregory (live stream Wed, Aug 21 at 5:00 pm PDT
WoWInsider.com w/ guests Micky Neilson & Doug Gregoryp

Also, it saddens me that we have to go to the forum to actually find this very relevant information, some people never see this information because of it locating in the forums, and then never using the forums they kind of lack the experience to use it. If this info was better seen from the main website, it might be just the kick enough to make them use forums.
it's not nerfing but normalization if you feel like being nerfed then l2p locks were never so overbuffed like now.
it's not nerfing but normalization if you feel like being nerfed then l2p locks were never so overbuffed like now.

Whine posts should be in a different forum.

Didn't mean to be lazy, sorry about that :-(

Anyways, the original post has been updated :-)
Dwarf being lazy what else is new. :P
Items added in the future will likely be more "fun" items like a Halloween costume or cosmetic themed gear that won't be like anything from a dungeon.

This quote from the interview is particullary revolting. We haven't seen any significant cosmetic updates from the Headless Horseman event since its release, but now they are going into the Cash Shop. I'm so disgusted, it makes me want to puke.
Them lazy dwarf :P
When are you inviting me for an live interview? Just kidding :-)

Awesome, just heard a lot of the interviews. Nice job keep it up.
26/08/2013 15:03Posted by Vaneras

Didn't mean to be lazy, sorry about that :-(

Anyways, the original post has been updated :-)

I wants your polar bear!!!
Metzen and Hazzikostas need their own podcast. I could listen to those cool cucumbers for hours :)

From one of the GC interviews, I like the suggestion that flexi-raiding might potentially replace normal-modes some day. I think the impact of a raid instance is somewhat lost on you when you're running 3+ lockouts of it per week.
*Warning*
Priest low level going to be out of control at 5.4, just a friendly warning. With the glyph of 70% reflection things are going to be very broken at low level (and they were already). In most levels priests can absorb from 100% to 200% of an average player health pool, more sometimes. If they have that reflection glyph at 70%, just think what the result look like. 140% of an average player health reflected to you.
If you even attempt to pierce these bubbles you will be killing yourself from 100 to 0.

Already sent this bug in-game several weeks ago. Thinking to send it to the hack team too. Sounds like an exploit with beyond unfair advantage. A spell that can kill the other player and absorb this much ? You don't listen about low level pvp but it's ok, I can kill a priest in less than 10seconds, they are my top priority now.

Be prepared to see threads pop all over the place about that. I'll be advertising that glyph everywhere. Sell it at the lowest cost possible and mail them for free to every single low level priests on my server.
Maybe then, you will do something.