Warcraft Books Reading Order

Story
Hey guys, maybe I'm just being blind (or that I can't be bothered to try and find a thread related that's not on the first page), but I've seen so many different points of view on how the Warcraft books should be read. I really want to get stuck into the lore, could someone kindly give me an infallible order to read the books? (Taking into account the new Dawn of the Aspects series as well). I'd like to read them chronologically, and if possible could you indicate which games they relate to or how far before/after they were set sort of thing, if you know what I mean.

Thanks so much,

Vestaxe
The problem with a lot of the books is they shift between the past and the present (and other timelines) quite a bit. Only a few of the later books really stick to the present.

I've just included the novels here, since there's a bajillion comics, mangas, short stories and what have you out there. Shout if you want those listed as well.

War of the Ancients : The Well of Eternity (10,000 Years)
    War of the Ancients : The Demon Soul (10,000 Years)
    War of the Ancients : The Sundering (10,000 Years)

Rise of the Horde (Pre-First War)
    The Last Guardian (First War/WC1)

Beyond the Dark Portal (Second War/WC2)

Lord of the Clans (Post-Second War)
    Day of the Dragon (Post-Second War)

Arthas: Rise of the Lich King (WC3/Third War)

Cycle of Hatred (Pre-Vanilla)

Night of the Dragon (The Burning Crusade)

Stormrage (Pre-Cataclysm, Post-WotLK)
    The Shattering (Pre-Cataclysm, Post-WotLK)

Wolfheart (Cataclysm)
    Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects (CataclysM)

Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War (Pre-MoP, Post-Cataclysm)

Dawn of the Aspects (Mists of Pandaria/Pre-History)
    Vol'jin: Shadow of the Horde (Mists of Pandaria)
Thanks so so much, that's incredibly helpful, bless you man. Also, stories like of blood ad honor, where would they fit in? Or are they classed as short stories? If there's hundreds don't bother listing them haha, thanks in advance!! :)
War of the Ancients : The Well of Eternity (Novel, 10,000 Years)
War of the Ancients : The Demon Soul (Novel, 10,000 Years)
War of the Ancients : The Sundering (Novel, 10,000 Years)
War of the Shifting Sands (SS)

Rise of the Horde (Novel, Pre-First War)
Unbroken (SS, Pre-First War)
The Last Guardian (Novel, First War/WC1)

Beyond the Dark Portal (Novel, Second War/WC2)

Lord of the Clans (Novel, Post-Second War)
Day of the Dragon (Novel, Post-Second War)
Of Blood and Honor (SS, Post-Second War)
Road to Damnation (SS, Post-Second War)

Arthas: Rise of the Lich King (Novel, WC3/Third War)
Death Knight (Manga, Third War)
Vol'jin: The Judgment (SS, Third War)

Sunwell Trilogy (Manga, Post-Third War)

Cycle of Hatred (Pre-Vanilla)
Ashbringer (Comic, Third War & Vanilla)

Night of the Dragon (The Burning Crusade)
Garrosh: Heart of War (SS, Post-TBC, Pre-WotLK)
World of Warcraft: The Comic (The Burning Crusade & Pre-WotLK)
Lor'themar: In the Shadow of the Sun (SS, Pre-WotLK)

Sylvanas Windrunner: Edge of Night (SS. Immediately post-WotLK)
Stormrage (Pre-Cataclysm, Post-WotLK)
Shaman (Manga, Pre-Cataclysm, Post-WotLK)
The Shattering (Pre-Cataclysm, Post-WotLK)

Curse of the Worgen (Comic, Cataclysm)
Genn Greymane: Lord of his Pack (SS, Cataclysm)
The Council of Three Hammers: Fire and Iron (SS, Cataclysm)
Tyrande & Malfurion: Seeds of Faith (SS, Cataclysm)
Baine Bloodhoof: As Our Fathers Before Us (SS, Cataclysm)
Gallywix: Trade Secrets of a Trade Prince (SS, Cataclysm)
Wolfheart (Novel, Cataclysm)
Velen: Prophet's Lesson (SS, Cataclysm)
Varian Wrynn: Blood of Our Fathers (SS, Cataclysm)
Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects (Novel, Cataclysm)

Quest for Pandaria (Comic, Pre-MoP, Post-Cataclysm)
Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War (Pre-MoP, Post-Cataclysm)

The Trial of the Red Blossoms (SS, Mists of Pandaria)
Bleeding Sun (SS, Mists of Pandaria)
Dawn of the Aspects (E-Book, Mists of Pandaria/Pre-History)
Vol'jin: Shadow of the Horde (Novel, Mists of Pandaria)
The Blank Scroll (SS, Mists of Pandaria)
Thanks so much man that's incredibly helpful, bless you dude.
Would you consider this a good reading order, or should i stick to what you said?

http://www.amazon.com/Warcraft-Novels-quot-order/lm/R3HLRBRGBOLS07/ref=cm_lmt_fvlm_f_2_rlrsrs0/179-9937067-2411547
There is also the novel Tides of Darkness that is during second war (WC2), and Beyond the Dark Portal is post second war(Expansion for WC2).
I personally suggest reading

Rise of the Horde
The Last Guardian
Tides of Darkness and Beyond the Dark Portal.

All of 'em all fit one big narrative ( the first two wars) and they are quite good depsite having 3 different Authors.

Others are Arthas and Lord of the Clans...pretty much every Golden book but mostly those two.
Hello,
after reading Rise of the Horde, I bought The Last guardian and Beyond the dark portal. You say that The last guardian is the 2nd book, yet next to the title it says #3?
Some information would be appreciatzed.
can anyone give me a link that i can buy all in 1 hit instead of ordering each off different sellers
Since we are suggesting good reads here, I'll pitch in. One of the best novels out of all of these is Vol'Jin: Shadows of the Horde by far, Blizz will have a hard time topping that one
It would have been great if Blizzard sold the novels, at least those considered canon, in bundles.

Also, at least on the blizzard store the books seem to "always" be out of stock when I want to order, then I forget about it for a while, check again - and the same thing happens : )
30/10/2014 14:06Posted by Sérgent
can anyone give me a link that i can buy all in 1 hit instead of ordering each off different sellers

The Blizzard store or Amazon are good ideas.
Hi, don't want to start another thread so thought I'd post here. I want to buy the first book.

As the 2nd poster states it should be

Well of Eternity. When I click on to buy it on amazon, they say that it's a continuation of Day of the Dragon?

All help appreciated.
I believe "Tides of War" should be added to this list. It features destruction of Theramore, what puts it inbetween Cataclysm and MoP.
Pretty much any book apart from Night of the Dragon, Wolfheart and Stormrage. Knaak garbage all of them.
14/01/2015 22:45Posted by Belliar
I believe "Tides of War" should be added to this list. It features destruction of Theramore, what puts it inbetween Cataclysm and MoP.

Search for that and you will see that it says "Tides of War" but he wrote the whole name of the book witch is "Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War" But He should put the book "War Crimes" witch is Post-MoP/Pre-WoD
21/11/2014 19:21Posted by Mindtrap
Hi, don't want to start another thread so thought I'd post here. I want to buy the first book.

As the 2nd poster states it should be

Well of Eternity. When I click on to buy it on amazon, they say that it's a continuation of Day of the Dragon?

All help appreciated.

No that is wrong I think they messed that up... Well of Eternity is the first book of 3 in that series

1 The Well of Eternity
2 The Demon Soul
3 The Sundering
You could check out this link if you want, it lists the novels (War Crimes not included) in chronological order aswell as a recommended order for people that haven't played the game and know all the characters already.

I'd recommend reading them in chronological order though, I found it's nice to have one book kind of take over where another ended.

http://www.rivalcastmedia.com/articles/63/1021/
Anyone know if all of the books has been made as audio book?