No longer available items. Add them to Black Market?

General
I would find it very nice if we could buy item textures and models to transmog into. It is realy annoying for me to see "one-time" items that can never be gotten again.

for example:
Atal'ai boots
Iblis, blade of the Fallen Seraph
Herod's Shoulder
Griftah's authentic Troll Shoes

And some items which names I cant remember from Zul'Gurub and Zul'aman.

The items were very pretty and unique and it realy sucks not being able to get them anymore at all, no chance, no nothing.

I personally realy enjoy farming Transmog or farming gold to buy transmog from the auction house for example.

It would be very nice to add them to the Black Market or other such medium to make them available, but rare and possibly expensive.
Griftah's Authentic Troll Shoes should be BoA and/or drop from Northern Barrens mobs.

Grieving Spellblade shares the model with Iblis, Blade of the Fallen Seraph.
Ah, thank you for that heads up on Iblis.

But still I think the textures that have fallen into forgetfulness should be brought back as cosmetic items or somesuch
You know you can just go to wowhead and click "same model as"...?
i find it beeing a terrible idea, the item will go to the gold cap, even if the user isnt going to use it, just because there is no other way to get the item
As for herods shoulder, one of the BoA mail shoulders shares a model with the herod's shoulder.

As for troll shoes...I'd never see it being used for transmog purposes, many people have been asking for bare chest transmogs (For badass warriors) and stuff like that, It's doubtful it'll be done.
29/09/2013 17:51Posted by ßow
As for troll shoes...I'd never see it being used for transmog purposes

You can already use Griftah's Authentic Troll Shoes on Transmogrification.
You know you can just go to wowhead and click "same model as"...?

Well sure, but take the black defias leather. There is nothing but a brown recolor. I would love the black one on my rogue.
It would be nice if there was a one day holiday event for when you run a dungeon you have a chance to win an item that has been removed from the game :D
I was working for another mog and I was so unhappy surprised when realised that vendor is gone and Griftah's Authentic Troll Shoes and raptorhide gloves are not obtainable anymore. Can someone confirm this for sure - this items will not be availabe whithin the game anymore?
08/11/2013 07:25Posted by Qlu
I was working for another mog and I was so unhappy surprised when realised that vendor is gone and Griftah's Authentic Troll Shoes and raptorhide gloves are not obtainable anymore. Can someone confirm this for sure - this items will not be availabe whithin the game anymore?

They drop from the old battlefield barrens quest mobs, in the barrens now.
I have checked wowhead drop rate from battlefield barrens mobs and I am not much encouraged, since drop rate for boxing gloves is 0% (something like 1-2/150k) and troll shoes is missing from the list. It is possible wowhead to be out of date OR shoes are missing from the mobs drop list at all
If I remember correctly, WoWhead uses the data collected from those who have downloaded a certain AddOn that registers how often they kill a certain mob and then how often it drops a certain Item for them.

This means that there are two big 'polluters' in the system that are relevant:

- some Items (mostly Recipes) only drop for those with a certain Profession, yet the addon tracks ALL kills so those Recipes seem to have a very low drop % while in reality it can be rather high for farmers with the correct Profession.

TBC mobs are notorious for this as they tended to be farmed for Reputation (Drops) as well, resulting in a huuuuge amount of kills and relatively few people with the correct Profession to even see the Drop.

and

- if a mob's Loot Table gets altered over time this can take a while to be reflected in current drop rates.

With the Barrens mobs being primarily farmed during 5.3 yet having their Loot tables altered with 5.4 .they will seem drop those things relatively seldom when in actuality the stuff may drop (far) more often.

In other words, grab some nice music and grind for an hour or so, if nothing at all has turned up the drop % may indeed just suck.

Oh and it would be wonderful if you shared your experiences :)
Argent Dawn tabard is not in game anymore :( I deleted it couple of years ago. tabrads where taking up too much bag/bank space.

But I do have my Dog whistle! :) was going to vendor it for 65s the other month, pheew