Do forum ideas ever get relayed to developers?

General
like if they're popular or if the blues think it's a good one.

and do the developers themselves actually read the forums posts and suggestions?

and what is the job of a games developer just out of interest. (i wanted to be one a few years ago). as in, do they just sit round a table or at their desk with a notepad writing or drawing ideas?
I'd think that some of the good ideas are brought to the developer's attention in some sort of meeting.. before it's laughed at and they all indulge in a money fight, whislt watching a live stream of us all planting crops, waiting in LFR queues for an hour, doing daillies and wandering around aimlessly on the Timeless Isle.. all for £9 per month.
i know ghostcrawler claims to read the forums a lot, so hopefully good threads get taken into account by the devs.
Haha! You actually think BLIZZARD of all people pay attention to their players' feedback?

If there was ANYONE from Blizzard that actually reads these forums, or took in any player feedback whatsoever, this game would not be as big of a fail as it is now in terms of balance.

A prime example is how Blizz was WARNED (by the PLAYERS) about the ridiculous amount of CC they were putting into the game. They completely ruined the PvP experience. You can't go into a BG without suffering like 30secs of staring at your screen unable to do anything. And whats their answer to that? Give more CC to classes so you might be able to CC before someone else does!

Oh and also...
planting crops, waiting in LFR queues for an hour, doing daillies and wandering around aimlessly on the Timeless Isle

Look, do you think that it is possible for Developers at Blizz to actually be working on this game and reacting to player feedback when:

- Warriors are as OP in PvP as they are now? Much the same with Huntards in 5.3?
- Locks have been OP all expansion?
- They let Disc go live in 5.0 when Prot Paladin could outheal them?
- In 5.1 if your raid team didn't have a Disc you were gimping yourselves? (contrast to above)
- Clearly shadow priests suck but all they have gotten lately are nerfs?
- Tanks can do more DPS than an actual DPS, with Vengeance?
- They let Paragons of the Klaxxi go live, and the amount of bugs in the fight was a total joke, so much so that top raiding guilds in the world have said that almost NO internal testing was done on the fight?
- They've made 2v2 a fight between turtles? Double healer can beat any other comp, same with 2x Blood DK's.

Please, don't for one second put any faith on the idea that Blizzard actually cares, because after years of playing and 2 stolen accounts which Blizzard said they couldn't give back to me, I can assure you without a doubt in my mind that they don't.
Haha! You actually think BLIZZARD of all people pay attention to their players' feedback?

If there was ANYONE from Blizzard that actually reads these forums, or took in any player feedback whatsoever, this game would not be as big of a fail as it is now in terms of balance.

A prime example is how Blizz was WARNED (by the PLAYERS) about the ridiculous amount of CC they were putting into the game. They completely ruined the PvP experience. You can't go into a BG without suffering like 30secs of staring at your screen unable to do anything. And whats their answer to that? Give more CC to classes so you might be able to CC before someone else does!

Oh and also...
planting crops, waiting in LFR queues for an hour, doing daillies and wandering around aimlessly on the Timeless Isle

Look, do you think that it is possible for Developers at Blizz to actually be working on this game and reacting to player feedback when:

- Warriors are as OP in PvP as they are now? Much the same with Huntards in 5.3?
- Locks have been OP all expansion?
- They let Disc go live in 5.0 when Prot Paladin could outheal them?
- In 5.1 if your raid team didn't have a Disc you were gimping yourselves? (contrast to above)
- Clearly shadow priests suck but all they have gotten lately are nerfs?
- Tanks can do more DPS than an actual DPS, with Vengeance?
- They let Paragons of the Klaxxi go live, and the amount of bugs in the fight was a total joke, so much so that top raiding guilds in the world have said that almost NO internal testing was done on the fight?
- They've made 2v2 a fight between turtles? Double healer can beat any other comp, same with 2x Blood DK's.

Please, don't for one second put any faith on the idea that Blizzard actually cares, because after years of playing and 2 stolen accounts which Blizzard said they couldn't give back to me, I can assure you without a doubt in my mind that they don't.

The cynicism is strong in this. But if you truly believe that the most successful mmo of all time never ever reads player feedback......well.......you need to have a rethink
What it blueposts? No, but srsly Devs are looking at the forums Ghostcrawler even said once that many of the ideas come from the fans.
such as?...

They let Paragons of the Klaxxi go live, and the amount of bugs in the fight was a total joke
lovin' the pun dude. too many bugs haha
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6533614326?page=1

This idea was posted quite a few months before the idea of Flex Raiding was introduced in game. I have seen ideas such as transmogrification, aoe looting, account wide achievements/mount/pets and quite a few other ideas on the forums that have later been added into the game. When the idea of making parties between real id might cost us, people complained... a lot.. on the forums and the idea was scrapped! Of course that doesn't mean these all came from the forums but saying they don't use the forums for feedback at all is a bit too far in the wrong direction
thankyou eolien. though, ( i really dont mean to be rude (if i am being)), are there any ideas that aren't features, and more like game types, dungeon variants/mechanics, or battle ground mechanics.
so, not something that makes gameplay better or easier, but an idea that is more gameplay, if you sorta know what i mean.
anyone else?
IIRC the developers don't tend to read or post on the forums as part of their job: it is part of the Community Manager's job to collate feedback to pass on to the developers.
This doesn't mean that the developers don't read and post: just that they aren't required to. For example when they do post, they only do so in the US forums, and actually tend to avoid posting in the most constructive threads because thei9r presence often throws it offtopic.

That is one of the reasons why whining and screaming gibberish are less likely to be taken into account that well-constructed posts: If the CMs can't understand it or think that the poster's level of accusation and insults indicates that the game is better orr without them, they might not pass it on. :-)

As to what the developers actually do, AFAIK they all have different roles. One might be to decide upon and direct the art team as to the aesthetics of an area, another might put together the questing structure, yet another will be reviewing game logs and data, and making balance adjustments to class abilities if they feel that they are required. They probably participate in regular meetings in which they can bounce ideas off each other and make sure that what they are doing won't clash with each other's work. (Or at least try.)
Notepads and scribble sheets may indeed play a part. :-)

If you still want to be a game developer, there are probably actual qualifications specific to that nowadays. Best alternatives would be courses that teach statistical analysis and critical thinking skills.
I'm still awaiting Doomsinger to rise up and defend his masters.
I'm still awaiting Doomsinger to rise up and defend his masters.

They don't need defending. They do read feedback and take it into account. Unfortunately there are ignoramuses who use the forums that like to spend £9 per month just trolling negative things about Blizzard and not being constructive ( yes, even criticism can be worded constructively and positively). But hey, it's their money to waste.
How about this one?

Cross Realm Heirlooms still planned?
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10160426120#6
i know ghostcrawler claims to read the forums a lot, so hopefully good threads get taken into account by the devs.

I just want to confirm this :-)

Ghostcrawler, and also other developers , read the forums quite a bit. Good threads are being brought to their attention all the time, and they do get taking into account.
[quote]Ghostcrawler, and also other developers , read the forums quite a bit. Good threads are being brought to their attention all the time, and they do get taking into account.

taken* :3
I doubt it is that they do not read them, but fact that there are so many of them, and they pile up every day around the world.

-Can they make it
-How many would like it, need to be around 40% + of playerbase or something
-Have they got rights to do it?
-Is this suggestion keeping game going forward or might it backfire by setting game back

And many more, i cannot comprehend how many things they need to think before they can make something into game.
Negative sides of World Wide MMO game, you need to check if even writing name is alright on country they are going to sell game on, and what about language versions, what about if character name is offensive on other countries.

Dam, Sha of Doubt, Despair and Fear must love to live at Blizzard HQ.
07/10/2013 13:50Posted by Vaneras

Ghostcrawler, and also other developers , read the forums quite a bit. Good threads are being brought to their attention all the time, and they do get taking into account.

Is there we can perhaps get feedback from the suggestions that we make in this thread? Or at least a blue post on the over-popular posts about suggestions? For instance, the Wow-Immersion thread (here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8268096767) is going on 12-13 pages now of replies with approximately 90% of the people agreeing it's a good idea. All we'd like is a simple blue post to let us know that it's been forwarded on, or it just will not happen.

And if it does get forwarded on, maybe an update every now and again letting us know what the devs think?
I think so, the ramps to Dalaran arena and Blade's Edge arena were partly added because of a long thread I made.

This sounds like Helle Thorning Schmidt saying how much she listens to the people.

:D

Anyway, I hope you are indeed. There's a lot of good posts around at the moment in my opinion. I think it's better than it has been in a long time.

EDIT: HI AYANO LOL. R U READIN' MMO-CHAMP WIF MEH?