Appear Offline?

General
Hi guys,

I have read around the web to see if there is a way to appear offline whilst playing WoW. I have found that you can block a specific port in the firewall that can do this, I do not know if this is "legal".

I have a really bad habit of re-rolling characters and I get harassed whilst doing so, I would be happy with a way to block friends or appear offline either would suit me.

Any chances of this being a reality?

Thanks.
i too would like to see such an option being implemented, it's fun to have a large real id list but sometimes i just wanna be left alone for a while
Haven't tried the port thingy but I'm blocking an IP whenever I want to appear as offline.
This being added would be nice.
I too wondered about this, when going back through the general news feeds on the front page of this site. Found this:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10015474/%E2%80%9CAppear_Offline%E2%80%9D_Option_Coming_Soon_to_Battlenet-17_09_2012

Now that blog is dated way back in 2012 and I quote:

. For World of Warcraft and StarCraft II, we expect to add the option sometime after the release of each game’s upcoming expansion.

Potentially, I think it's expected this expansion, but wouldn't have thought by the next.
Its already ingame, if you press escape for options and its the 6th button down
Its already ingame, if you press escape for options and its the 6th button down

Well aren't you a lovely troll, now back in your cage you go.
Don't want to necro thread but don't want to start a new one either.

This was supposed to be implemented in late 2012.

It is now over a year and a few months yet still nothing. Is it really that difficult? With Flex raids going on you can't even enjoy playing some Starcraft without a whisper saying "we need your help" let alone playing WoW on an alt.

Look I enjoy the MMO experience with my friends but sometimes I just wanna do my own thing without having to sound like a complete ****.

Please update us Blizzard.
I read somewhere that they decided against it because they thought it would be weird that all of us would be appearing offline and watching for everybody else being offlline and it would just be a bit...strange, which I do understand even though there are very rare occasions where I wish I could appear invisible myself :P

I'll try and find the thread and post it here if I can find it.
soon
soon

you forgot the TM
15/01/2014 17:56Posted by Twíjfelkont
I read somewhere that they decided against it because they thought it would be weird that all of us would be appearing offline and watching for everybody else being offlline and it would just be a bit...strange,

That makes it sound like we all just want to spy on people while not being spied on ourselves. If I want to appear offline, I obviously don't care about what my friends are doing either, so they'd appear as offline, too.
I'd just rather be playing alone for a bit and not think about them.

With the new Battle.net desktop app, however, I don't think we'll ever see this function being implemented. Unless they make Battle.net a completely separate social network (without getting rid of the benefits, like cross-realm groups etc.,) which would be awesome.
pls