Prev 1 11 12 13 69 Next
Blizzard - World of Warcraft:

- you can migrate for free only on dead server
- you can migrate for free on dead server only when they decide to
- you can migrate to server which face 1000+ cue as long as you will pay for it

Trion - Rift (when I played it):

- you can migrate once every 7 days
- you migrate for free wherever you want except in case bellow
- you can not migrate to overpopulated server or on server where your fraction is heavy dominant

Trion tried to provide very good customer service and their game failed.
Blizzard provide horrible customer service and only care how to milk your money. Their game is still going very strong.

Well, Kor'gall is a black sheep again xD

Yeah :D, was hoping to get online later today and see us connected and more populated but now i see I'm gonna have to wait some more. Hope the issues will be solved quickly so they can get us connected, and start adding more realms to Kor'gall and Burning Stepes.
25/10/2013 12:45Posted by Kamos
No thanks, I'd rather not have to run into argent dawn players on a daily basis.
Exactly this for me too. AD has it's own ethos. A popular one it seems. But the other RP realms are an escape from that kind of RP.

Personally, I'd prefer it stayed that way.
What i've been wondering and don't really got a confirmation of is if this in a way makes your amount of characters you have in one "realm"multiplies (by the number of connections)? Since the combined ones technically count as one, you could theoretically have 22(etc) of your chars in the same guild?
You know, that /who is limited to 50 player cap? :) Even if there was 30000 players online, you'd see only 50 in /who... just saying ^^
Yep, but there are census mods out there that will break down the queries such that they will always get an accurate count. You can also do this manually. /who 1-10 /who 11-20 and so on. Then /who 90 rogue /who 90 monk etc.

If you get 50 results, narrow the search. But trust me, on Sporeggar, you won't need to narrow it much, if at all!

http://nerfed.net/Sporeggar-unfilteredwho.jpg

Just now, Sporeggar, alliance side.
What i've been wondering and don't really got a confirmation of is if this in a way makes your amount of characters you have in one "realm"multiplies (by the number of connections)? Since the combined ones technically count as one, you could theoretically have 22(etc) of your chars in the same guild?
From your point of view, you can make characters on BOTH realms, and they (all 22) be available to play and join the same guild etc etc.
exactly what i meant^^ thanks!
Any plans on connecting full servers with dead ones and moving people over. Or just splitting the server in two, but keeping them connected?

Here in Draenor its a mad house. 1000+ queue lines some times, was made to wait for an hour and a half once.

The current high population realms that have queues will remain as they are today, however we are monitoring the situation on those realms.

In case you are interested, I recently [url="http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8276847630?page=7#139"]made a post in another thread[/url] explaining why we aren't currently planning to connect the high population realms with other realms.

Are you going to provide free faction changes or server transfers for people unfortunate enough to play on a heavy faction imbalanced servers? You're leaving them in a very bad spot.
Blizzard - World of Warcraft:

- you can migrate for free only on dead server
- you can migrate for free on dead server only when they decide to
- you can migrate to server which face 1000+ cue as long as you will pay for it

Trion - Rift (when I played it):

- you can migrate once every 7 days
- you migrate for free wherever you want except in case bellow
- you can not migrate to overpopulated server or on server where your fraction is heavy dominant

Blizzard provide horrible customer service and only care how to milk your money. Their game is still going very strong.

Compared to WoW, Rift is still a very new MMO and so they were able to invest in more recent hardware/software that run the backend of the servers. This is why they're able to allow character transfers so often with little down time. For Blizzard to achieve that, they'd require a COMPLETE overhaul of there servers and server coding, something that could potentially cost millions, and potentially cost A LOT of downtime.

I for one would be happy for them to do it, I would just have no idea on where they'd get the money to do that from. And don't bother arguing with the "Oh well Blizz have billionz of moneyz blah blah blah". They may have a lot of subscribers, but I can guarantee you that their disposable income for such projects as these, after all the server costs, employee wages etc come out, it will be quite small. If there was any way for people to perhaps donate to Blizzard any amount of money so they can try and start upgrading their server blades, server code etc, I would gladly throw them a few extra coins here and there. Hell if all of the 7 million subscribers paid a 1 off fee of £2, that could potentially give them an extra £14,000,000 to use to start upgrading the back end stuff. But then you're also looking at the time involved in this. You would probably need to also modify the game code so it can run on the new servers to their max potential. And why not chuck in X-realm item sending etc whilst your at it. This is all speculation by the way, I have no idea how much it would cost or what it would even involve.

It would make me extremely happy, along with the rest of the playerbase. But I just don't think Blizz would have the time for that.
25/10/2013 12:45Posted by Kamos
All RP-PVE realms should be connected including AD.

No thanks, I'd rather not have to run into argent dawn players on a daily basis.

I do however think all RP realms except for AD should be linked it'll hopefully inject some life into them, during my time on the sha'tar there was basically no RP and the realm got overtook with herp derp pve guilds =/

Yes, please.

Also, do custom chat channels work "crossrealm"?
In theory they should. But, I've not got a character on any of the connected realms (so far).

I don't mind making one to test, if it's important enough.
25/10/2013 14:13Posted by Andrai
In theory they should. But, I've not got a character on any of the connected realms (so far).

I don't mind making one to test, if it's important enough.

It is important, actually.

RP addons work with custom channels. If they don't work crossrealms things such as MRP and FlagRSP won't work.

And, ofcourse, also for community building.
25/10/2013 14:10Posted by Karlotte
Yep!

Regarding Connected Realms, the only noticeable difference you should expect to see is the realm-name being attached to the nickname of anyone who doesn’t belong to your own realm. The whole experience should feel seamless.
Not being connected to any other realm should not affect you in any negative way, on the contrary, we expect everything to simply be… better.
25/10/2013 14:32Posted by Taepsilum
Regarding Connected Realms, the only noticeable difference you should expect to see is the realm-name being attached to the nickname of anyone who doesn’t belong to your own realm. The whole experience should feel seamless.
Presumably the longer names have the potential to break some addons using custom channels though. But, good news at least that most (if not all) will work fine.
Well, Kor'gall is a black sheep again xD

Bet it is the ' in the realm name causing problems :-)
Xavius is dead please connect the realm!
I have a question, are the medium population realms being connected too, Thunderhorn is more like a Low population realm at the moment, It's even difficult to get a group for the big bosses on the Timeless Isle. The realms I play on are either empty or over full.

I would prefer to have a number 1-10 for population with 11 or 12 meaning there is a queue instead of the system there is now. a percentage would be even better.

Edit: at the moment it seems like 1 and maybe 2 are low, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 are medium, 9 is high and 10 is full , with 11 being locked.
I have a question, are the medium population realms being connected too, Thunderhorn is more like a Low population realm at the moment, It's even difficult to get a group for the big bosses on the Timeless Isle. The realms I play on are either empty or over full.

Blizzard has turned 'round and said they have plans to connect a fair number of realms. I have not checked the amount of players on Thunderhorn but I'm assuming that if it indeed has a rather low population it'll get connected as some point. :) Let's just all be patient and see what Blizzard has in store for us ^.^ /)
Xavius is dead please connect the realm!

Let's all be patient ponies and wait for Blizzard to roll out everything and then see if we have to complain okay? :) Cuz I srsly doubt it
25/10/2013 13:24Posted by Maauru

I returned at some point (after playing for a couple months after release) and I saw people complaining about guilds constantly hopping from server to server and thus killing the ones they left. Also while customer service might influence people's decisions ultimately it's whether they like it and how much time they invested in it that will make or break its success. Personally I don't like many of the systems of the game and how dull/brown it all looks.

Um, silly question, but I must've missed it - does mail work at all between connected realms? (including, but not limited to, BoAs) I'd assume it's possible, otherwise it'd be a hell of a limitation.