A question about connected realms and characters.

General
If by some coincidence a player has 11 characters on 2 realms that are to be connected, say one of each class in each faction, would that player effectively end up having 22 characters on one realm ?
Given the data in the Connected Realms sticky (good read, by the way), yes. In fact, in theory, someone could put 50 characters (account maximum) on a connected realm, which would compose of 5 (or more) realms.
30/10/2013 07:30Posted by Trelw
Given the data in the Connected Realms sticky (good read, by the way), yes. In fact, in theory, someone could put 50 characters (account maximum) on a connected realm, which would compose of 5 (or more) realms.

This is correct :)
That is just lovely.

Looking a lot forward to being connected, though I know this server won't be connected with my other one.
30/10/2013 09:19Posted by Takralus

And there was much rejoicing.

Would be nice to have some (caveat-filled, no promises etc.) intel on wether or not Terrokar/Medium Realms in general are slated for VR in the forseeable future, as I'm running out of character slots (and that is if I line up some for being slaughtered, I'm pretty much sitting at 11/account).
just as a theory, for example, if Stormrage would be connected, what server would it be connected to?
(as in what server can i make another toon on so i can join it with my guild XD )
30/10/2013 09:35Posted by Anvarra

And there was much rejoicing.

Would be nice to have some (caveat-filled, no promises etc.) intel on wether or not Terrokar/Medium Realms in general are slated for VR in the forseeable future, as I'm running out of character slots (and that is if I line up some for being slaughtered, I'm pretty much sitting at 11/account).

Just don't slaughter any gnomes! Far too many of you drowned in The Black Morass back in the days.
just as a theory, for example, if Stormrage would be connected, what server would it be connected to?
(as in what server can i make another toon on so i can join it with my guild XD )

No one knows yet. Maybe Blizzard knows. Just maybe.

The only thing I can say for sure is that if Stormrage is connected to one or more realms, those realms will be Normal/PvE realm(s) just like Stormrage.
So if you have a character on another realm of a Connected Realm, and you wish to send heirlooms of your current server to that character on that other, connected server, will that work? Does it require a tag in the mail recipient?

Kinda curious how mail will work to your characters.
@Myoe: Looks like the easiest option would be a realm based tag to separate: Somebody-Someone from his friends Somebody-Sometwo and Somebody-Somethree. :D So I might someday be: Trelw-Alleria, just for clarity even though Trelw is apparently quite rare as far as character names go. :D

And within connected realm, you could mail all sorts of things, including heirlooms between your characters.
So if you have a character on another realm of a Connected Realm, and you wish to send heirlooms of your current server to that character on that other, connected server, will that work? Does it require a tag in the mail recipient?

It will work and it will probably be name-realm, like cross realm invites are at the moment.
@Myoe: Looks like the easiest option would be a realm based tag to separate: Somebody-Someone from his friends Somebody-Sometwo and Somebody-Somethree. :D So I might someday be: Trelw-Alleria, just for clarity even though Trelw is apparently quite rare as far as character names go. :D

And within connected realm, you could mail all sorts of things, including heirlooms between your characters.

That would make most sense indeed. :) But what I wonder is whether or not it actually works like that.