Garrison...but will I have to do it for each alt

General
Prev 1 10 11 12 Next
Who uses twitter anyway? even the sad nerds who care about that stuff are using facebook not twitter
I would be fun already to see your alts or main walk around in the garrison youre currenly in.

Best for me personally would be that the garrison would grow even bigger if you choose to do so. By this I mean that you can have one garrison for all your characters so it would become more like a small town. I wouldnt mind giving up certain advantages up for this (Like not having 5 mines/herb gardens), maybe just one with a couple of more nodes to herb/mine. Or restrict the number of followers.

I would also love something like a guild garrison. With the addition of the personal garrison, I expect something of these likes to be in a future expansion though. But it would be fun to wander around in a garrison which is shared by more people, while not inviting them over :)
I don't want them account wide. I'm a role-player. I love my Garrisons seperate for each character. What I would love is that they would bring the cost down to build buildings by making them account wide if one of your characters has bought a receipe your other characters should obtain it without having to pay 1k per receipe and an adittional 300-500 gold to build it. Makes no sense.

But please DON'T make the Garrisons account wide.
05/01/2015 15:25Posted by Takralus
05/01/2015 14:57Posted by Ihealyouz
Would have been awesome if it was account wide.. now it feels more like a pain to gather all recources and level all the followers.. again.. and again.. and...

We're looking into ways to make Garrisons a bit more friendly in future patches for those of you who enjoy alts. We see that Garrisons are a bit too much for you guys right now.

But the problem is that the Garrisons are NOT too much for us right now. Rather, there is too little to do in them. Too little customizing options. Too little Upgrading options. Heck, most lvl 3 big buildings are a huge disappointment. Look at war mill. 1200 garrison resources for what? one seal of tempered fate we can easily get by turning in super-easy-to-get resources like honor or apexis? One lousy seal is NOT worth 1200 resources.

Same with the barracks. I was hoping to get a full battalion of death knight guards, and instead I have about 3-4 guards, and still have those disgusting troll marksmen that I want to kick ut of my garrison and replace them with DK guards! Fix that in 6.1 it's getting annoying, and it makes lvl 3 barracks very underwhelming considering it's 1200 GR.

Stables? Oh don't get me started on those! The level 3 speed buff is worthless to me as I'm a DK. VERY underwhelming!

And on top of that, I have to do every single of those upgrades, or some other with EVERY single alt! At least make garrison resources BoA, so I don't have to sit on the cap, while my alts are starved on them!
23/01/2015 09:08Posted by Theralion

But the problem is that the Garrisons are NOT too much for us right now.

Singled this comment out as it gives the wrong message to the devs.

Garrisons are too much, when looking at the day to day running of them when you have a lot of alts.

When I log on each day:

First - I complete the missions then run to the salvage yard and retrieve the salvage and look in the dwarven bunker.

Second - run back to the mission table and upgrade the followers, then send them on the missions.

Third - Collect all the completed orders and pick herbs and mine minerals.

Four - craft the daily items.

Fifth - Buy any items I'm short of so that I can complete the daily craft and set up the works orders.

Now all of those above are fine if it's just one or two characters, but multiply it by 6 and you can see that just starting the day is very time consuming.

The daily craft is the most important part as the items you get are required and are gated.
indeed garrisons expensive, i am rich if i have 10k gold when i dinged my dk lvl 100 i had 17k then upgrade garrison and all gold gone. so sad. and lvling professions is boring, if i come back from irl work i dont wanna farm 10 more hours i will make fun and enjoy things i like ingame.
i dont like raiding its boring and fights takes ages (or it looks like that cuz lower numbers in wod)
i play wow for solo old contend and such things mount runs.
i already stopped mining and herbing everyday in garrison cuz boring and useless for me.
and if account wide its better yes, i hope also followers account wide cuz warrior didnt get gear for few months so i stopped it cuz i dont play for gold runs so i lvled dk.
but i must do all over again if 1 char sucks and wanna play some other class... all that work again.
gearing was very bad over all chars, i just needed 1 lfr epic set and i can do my things i like in wow but if i must do raids all over again for nothing its frustrating. i know you must not get all at once but i dont stop playing wow so you can give the gear dont worry i dont stop playing :D
i am waiting for a transfer discount so i can transfer 4 alliance to horde with professions 600. cuz doing it twice is bad. now its 45 euro for 1 char i want 4 for 100 is more then enough :D so i wait..
further garrisons are nice no crowded places.
I like the Garrisons but yes it can be a pain doing it all over again for each alt , not that far ahead with mine yet as only lvl 91 , but i am having fun doing it at the mo.
10/01/2015 01:13Posted by Thalbard
09/01/2015 21:33Posted by Kilergnometa
Yeah he can disagree, but when it's obvious he hasn't thought the whole line through it has to be pointed out.

I do indeed disagree, whether you permit it or not.

Garrisons are fine as they are. I have posted elsewhere about a few things that can be done to make them less time consuming without changing or ruining them.

It is a real pity that for every new thing added to the game, there is loud whine on the forums from people who do not want to do this new thing, but feel "forced" to do it.

The problem here is that player attitude, not the game. If you cannot be arsed to put in effort on your alts, then don't.

Alts are for people who enjoy the game a lot, and do not mind putting in extra effort. Dumbing the game down so that people can have alts, without putting in effort, is just ruining the game for the sake of people who do not really like it in the first place.

I'd like to see Blizzard stick to a plan for once, and let people figure out themselves how to best spend their time given the overall design of the game. Enough of this dumbing down of everything!

This is exactly what was done to gathering prof's. They were given away at high level. Granted when you get to the point of 100 you re not going to bother farming early herbs but that is not the point. Blizzard gave everybody herbing and pretty much every other prof for free. Why on gods earth would you shaft the whole economy with one patch? See much trading going on now? Herb prices on the AH are a joke and not worth my effort to sell.
05/01/2015 15:52Posted by Avalee
I don't mind them being account wide, but we really need more plots then. Cause now I have to choose between a farm and an inn. I need both for the pets.

in the 'mind' of the developers u dont have to 'choose' :(:( : just build one, get all u need, then destroy it, build the other and repeat :(:(:(
maybe we are the wrong ones if we pretend that a MMORPG is not a 'boring' & 'tediouse' game :(:(:(
atleast for the 'not-raiders' (='not players' in the mind of the developers, i think :(:( , and maybe in the mind of many other players too :(:()
sorry :(:(

have a great day anyway :)
23/01/2015 09:08Posted by Theralion

But the problem is that the Garrisons are NOT too much for us right now.

...omissis...
Now all of those above are fine if it's just one or two characters, but multiply it by 6 and you can see that just starting the day is very time consuming.
...omissis...

i have 12x 90+ alts, so u may figure how much i have to multiply it for :(:(:(:(
im totally doomed :(:(:(:(:( lol...
no, not lol, but 'lol in desperation' :(:(:(
:S:S
:)
Yep, this definately needs to be acc wide. Only because of this i consider not even leveling any od my 90s to 100.
Tbh I don't find Garrisons that bad since I decided to drop the mining/herbing. I'll possibly mine twice, tops, usually once and/or collect specific herbs I've asked Fiona to grow. Otherwise I ignore them unless I'm getting low which is once every few weeks.

Without having to gather those two resources Garrison maintenance is actually pretty quick and straightforward:

Collect mission rewards and put on new missions.

Stroll to the barn to collect my bloods.

Stroll past the warmill on my way to the salvage yard.

Empty crates.

Turn around and do my profession dailies.

WIth Bulk Order and Master Plan addons I have to spend very little time doing anything else in my garrison. Each character takes no more than 5 mins tops unless I'm carefully being selective about missions or actually crafting something.

There are certainly some things they can do to Garrisons to make them more Alt friendly, but seriously, take away that mine and it becomes a skoosh.

Amalgamating garrisons across all your characters isn't the answer. Or at least I seriously hope it's not the answer Blizz comes up with.
The main issue for me is that it quickly becomes a very tedious job
to log in, gather materials, assign work orders and send followers on missions.
And I can only imagine the horror for those people with several level 100 alts.

Why not have the assigned follower do the chores for us ?, that way at least
there is some sort of meaning with having leveled your buildings and having
assigned followers.

You could each time you log in talk to the assigned follower and receive the
materials then instruct him/her to gather the next patch or alternatively
crafts some items.

Currently it seems more like i'm commanding a bunch of mindless drones
who blindly wander around doing nothing.
12/02/2015 09:22Posted by Ada
The main issue for me is that it quickly becomes a very tedious job
to log in, gather materials, assign work orders and send followers on missions.
And I can only imagine the horror for those people with several level 100 alts.

Why not have the assigned follower do the chores for us ?, that way at least
there is some sort of meaning with having leveled your buildings and having
assigned followers.

You could each time you log in talk to the assigned follower and receive the
materials then instruct him/her to gather the next patch or alternatively
crafts some items.

Currently it seems more like i'm commanding a bunch of mindless drones
who blindly wander around doing nothing.

Do you use either Master Plan or Bulk Order?
21/01/2015 11:52Posted by Modeste
I would also love something like a guild garrison. With the addition of the personal garrison, I expect something of these likes to be in a future expansion though. But it would be fun to wander around in a garrison which is shared by more people, while not inviting them over :)

This, so much.

I am amzed that a MMO game like wow managed to incorparate a feature that makes so many sits alone in their garrisons. Seriously this is starting to do my head in. You look at guild roster, have between 10-25 online, and most of them is in their garrisons. This just needs to be fixed. I don't play wow to get this isolated feeling.

We had our little plot of land in MoP where we got phased out when enter it. Just come up with a guild garrison where we get phased out when entering "our" buildings, or something.
12/02/2015 09:41Posted by Rumbelina

Yes but I would prefer not to rely on 3rd party addons to solve my needs.
Also the current model does not really feel like I'm controlling a garrison
its more like I'm the one doing all the work intended for the inhabitants.
05/01/2015 15:40Posted by Blackorchid
They arent a bit too much for "us guys"

They are poorly designed facebook games, playing them once is fine, but repeating garrisonville from the start for each character is mind numbing tedium

beautifully put.
Why not merge all of your faction characters to inhabit the same garrison ???
It could be like:
"Welsome traveler "insert Alt´s name" this is the result of the hard work
of "insert Main name" for you to share and expand"
12/02/2015 10:35Posted by Ada
12/02/2015 09:41Posted by Rumbelina

Yes but I would prefer not to rely on 3rd party addons to solve my needs.

Not trying to be obtuse or argumentative, but if you use the addons then I'm not sure how setting/retrieving missions and putting on work orders can be tedious? Work orders are, literally, one click of a button per station. Retrieving all of your mission rewards is two clicks. 10-15 mins and I'm finished with 5 alts. That's a relatively small amount of time overall. I spend more time picking my nose every day, which is far less rewarding but certainly never gets tedious.

I get that some people feel the garrison is tedious overall, but there are things you can do minimise the pain and opting out of those because "I don't like 3rd party addons" is really just like having access to Nike trainers for your marathon but choosing to instead run in flipflops. Especially addons such as MP and BO which probably use like 125kb in total.

12/02/2015 10:35Posted by Ada
Also the current model does not really feel like I'm controlling a garrison
its more like I'm the one doing all the work intended for the inhabitants.

I wouldn't disagree with that when it comes to the mine and herb garden, although I do prefer it to fighting over heavily farmed nodes in the outdoors which is the alternative ... but when we're talking about missions and crafting professions - that should 100% be down to the player.

I would actually like to see garrison missions that I could join with my followers instead of just sending them off and waiting. It would actually require input, be a great way to integrate dailies into the whole garrison experience and give us something to do outside of what is currently available.

Scripted mini-scenarios with my chosen followers in my party.
My only problem with garrisons is that they're tied to professions.