Should PvP mounts and titles be account wide?

General
Hello there!

I was just curious of - as the title suggest - if the PvP mounts are not meant to be shared account wide or if it's a bug. By PvP mounts, I mean the newer ones, the Vicious War Steed and Vicious Nightsaber(Vicious War Wolf and Vicious Skeletal Horse for Horde).

Does anybody got any information on this?

And oh, if it is a bug, I apologise for putting it up on the wrong forum.

EDIT: 21.11.2013

I have changed the title of the thread so that discussion regarding the topic can continue rather than it being a thread made for a question I asked, which now has been answered.

Please continue posting your point of view regarding the question at hand and explain why you would like it to be that way.

Original thread title: PvP mounts not shared account wide - bug or intended?
It's intended, but insanely stupid.
I think they should make all PvP titles and mounts account wide.
16/11/2013 21:58Posted by Falaena
Account wide PVP titles +1.
I guess their not account wide, to make different char's unique.
I got it from vanilla with infinity hours AV grind :P

Would be fancy if my alts could use it too.

Kinda miss old AV, hopefully next WoD PVP zone will fix that.
16/11/2013 22:13Posted by Nichrog
Wow, it's really intended? Well that's stupid.

I call in with you guys, I'd love to see PvP titles and mounts account wide.
Why would they make these titles account wide?
So that you can roll FoTM comps and show it off on your main? No, just no.

Besides, you could be a glad priest and suck big time on a hunter. Wouldn't make sense to be titled glad on your hunter when you play like you belong to 900 rating.

even for the mounts, it does encourage fotm rerolling, since it doesnt matter on which character u get rewards on we will see even less diversity.
Why not create a vendor for everything inside the game so all of you can go and buy it there. Then you can afk in stormwind/orgrimmar.

Everything should be easy, free and cost no time. The people that started playing the game after classic seem to be lazy. (most of them).
They want to make that titles and rewards empowered by doing so, so that only the char that you obtain that feat can show it off.

I understand this quite well, just don´t understand if they do this for pvp, why not for PVE as well? (titles/mounts for end game bosses)

Besides, you could be a glad priest and suck big time on a hunter. Wouldn't make sense to be titled glad on your hunter when you play like you belong to 900 rating.

even for the mounts, it does encourage fotm rerolling, since it doesnt matter on which character u get rewards on we will see even less diversity.

I agree with the case scenario with Gladiator titles. But with the way the system works, you can just play FoTM and send the mount to your main anyways. What difference does it make?

To me, it's more about what you have achived as a player, not just as a character. That's why I really like account wide achivements for instance. To show that I - as a player - did these things.

To me, it's more about what you have achived as a player, not just as a character. That's why I really like account wide achivements for instance. To show that I - as a player - did these things.

This is how I feel too.

I really do not get the need for each character to be an individual. The only thing it does to me, is making me feel like I am wasting my time when playing my alts past the leveling experience, and it's annoying.

Sure, I have had moments where I have wanted a specific achievement on an alt, but not my main, but then I've done so regardless of the system(like getting to exalted with Netherwing on two characters during TBC, or getting some quest-related title on an alt before level 40. Can't remember which title it was though... it's many years ago now). Most of the time I've however felt forced on to my main even though I didn't want to play it, to be able to continue on my achievement progress. Like for example the 60 factions at exalted achievement. I have had no desire to dps on my main this expansion, but I can never continue that one on any other alt. I have alts I really enjoy dps'ing on, but I can't have fun on them if I want to reach my goal of reaching every milestone of the exalted achievement. *I* have grinded my way to exalted with those factions, not my characters as individuals.

Don't know if you have noticed, but also the cloud serpents can't be used by alts if they haven't reached exalted with related faction. Waste of time if you ask me, and makes me question what on earth the point of account-wide achievements, pets and mounts is, if a selected few(at random), aren't account-wide. And PvP titles not being account-wide, when raid ones are. Why? I know that there's plenty of raid achievements I potentially could have obtained on my main, which I could not have managed on an alt. That's the excuse that is used for the PvP titles, so why doesn't it apply to raids aswell, if it is so incredibly important? The same thing happens there, what you can achieve on one character, doesn't neccesarily mean you can manage on another.
16/11/2013 22:13Posted by Nichrog

I agree with the case scenario with Gladiator titles. But with the way the system works, you can just play FoTM and send the mount to your main anyways. What difference does it make?

Exactly, same with Justicar/Conqueror title, a hell of a grind, yet still not account-wide. Things like these upset me.

Exactly, same with Justicar/Conqueror title, a hell of a grind, yet still not account-wide. Things like these upset me.

Pretty much my point too, I don't want to lose my vanilla progress, if I have swapped mains.
We can't get those titles anymore, sure I never got high warlord..but at least I got 1, which is kinda unique.
But can't be used on alt's...which makes me a sad panda :/
It's intended, but insanely stupid.

agreed. If the top end pve mounts/titles are account wide I see no reason top end pvp mounts/titles shouldn't be.
16/11/2013 22:09Posted by Starwind
Bring up this post!
17/11/2013 17:47Posted by Falaena

I cant even get my head round why it isn't, when account wide achievements were announced i was very happy, thinking i'd get it shared from my rogue (i still play my rogue but that's not the point), realised it wasn't and was quite p'ed off.

I read the explanation at the time and it didn't make sense as battlemaster was account wide, along with arena master and now so is khan, so where they get the idea to keep conqueror not shared, i have no idea.
Thread title has now been changed in order to keep the discussion going.