Should PvP mounts and titles be account wide?

General
Agreed, they should be account wide. Most pve mounts and titles are account wide, and they did this to make it easier to switch mains if you ever feel so inclined.

Why they didn't apply the same logic to pvp is beyond me, especially since many people switch characters each season specifically to do well in pvp. The player, and not the individual character earned these things. This is part of the reason why I don't participate much in pvp myself. It's totally demotivating this way.
Mounts, yes, titles, no. They should also remove other titles from being account-wide though.
Maybe don't make the PvP titles/mounts account wide, because they're meant to say "I'm very experienced in PvP as a Death Knight, and I have the titles and mounts to prove it", yet if they use them on a newly dinged 90 character they could have no clue what they're doing, so it gives the illusion that they know what they're doing, when in actuality they don't.

I'm all for making MOST titles/mounts account wide, but PvP ones I don't think should be.
FoS or the new titles?
@ Ignitious

The same line of thought could easily apply to pve. I'm a fairly decent feral and resto druid in pve, but I don't know squat about shadow priests. Yet I could let mine ride around on all of my pve mounts if I wanted to.

I don't think titles or mounts were ever meant to show how competent a certain player is. Instead, they're just rewards. A nice little perk, nothing more.
@Rynanne

You do have a point. But the PvE titles, I presume you mean the ones you get from raids, can also be easily achieve compared to the PvP titles. To get the PvP titles, you have to actually play well in the current season of PvP, which in some aspects is more difficult then getting PvE titles. I'm not saying PvE is easy, by any means, I've only done LFR. But, I can also go back and solo the old raids/instances and get the titles that way.

For instance, I have the Champion of the Frozen Waste title, Does that mean I know the raid mechanics off the back of my hand and I'm highly skilled when it comes to that specific content? No, because of the ilvl difference between now and that raid, I facerolled it with ease. The same can't be said for the PvP titles. There's no easy way to get them, apart from using dedication focus and skill (I use those words lightly) to EARN them.

The current PvE content, like SoO, I'd agree with you. But the PvE titles also apply to old content, the PvP titles ONLY applies to the current season.
21/11/2013 13:47Posted by Ignitious
The current PvE content, like SoO, I'd agree with you. But the PvE titles also apply to old content, the PvP titles ONLY applies to the current season.

Glad maybe, others no, conqueror makes no sense in not being account wide, yet arena master is. Its the logic behind that decision, is what i'd like an answer for.

The new rbg mounts also, there's nothing prestigious about winning 100 3v3 or 40 rbg games, its just a case of queuing till you win enough.
I think all mounts/titles should be account wide. In my opinion it really doesn't matter on what character someone got the reward, but which player got the reward.
And yes, that includes you, Darkspear Revolutionary...

This is very much true. And to be fair, I think perhaps the most prestigeous of titles, such as Gladiator, Hero of the Alliance, Duelist, Rival and maybe even Challanger should be character based. However, I feel that especially titles such as Battlemaster, Khan and Justicar should definetly be account wide, as chances are, some alts may have contributed to that meta achivement. And it's nice to show it off on your characters too, that you - as a player - did this.

As for the Arena Master title and the Rated Battleground titles, I have a bit of a split opinion. I can absolutely understand that it may seem misleading to be an Arena Master on a fresh character, but it is still nice to show it off - again - that you did it as a player. That you achived that title.

As for the situation with mounts however, it's flawed and should be account wide. Because currently, as I mentioned on the previous page, you can simply send your mount to whatever character you want.
Titles are not worth anything when they all of sudden just get account wide..

I hope "conqueror" wont ever be account wide.
@Rynanne

You do have a point. But the PvE titles, I presume you mean the ones you get from raids, can also be easily achieve compared to the PvP titles. To get the PvP titles, you have to actually play well in the current season of PvP, which in some aspects is more difficult then getting PvE titles. I'm not saying PvE is easy, by any means, I've only done LFR. But, I can also go back and solo the old raids/instances and get the titles that way.

For instance, I have the Champion of the Frozen Waste title, Does that mean I know the raid mechanics off the back of my hand and I'm highly skilled when it comes to that specific content? No, because of the ilvl difference between now and that raid, I facerolled it with ease. The same can't be said for the PvP titles. There's no easy way to get them, apart from using dedication focus and skill (I use those words lightly) to EARN them.

I see your point.

And of course, comparing pve to pvp is like comparing apples and oranges. The former will never scale up as players outlevel and outgear old content and cheese through it, while pvp will move forward with each expansion (enemy players will level and gear up, for instance).

But I still think that all mounts should be account-wide, and at the very least the easier pvp titles should be too. Things like "win x number of arena matches in season so-and-so to get mount y" are not so mindbogglingly complicated that it warrants being unique to a single character, especially when something like the Kor'kron War Wolf is account-wide.
16/11/2013 22:13Posted by Nichrog
I think they should make all PvP titles and mounts account wide.
Keep the statements and opinions coming! :)
I think they should make all PvP titles and mounts account wide.

I want my PvP reputations account wide, I spent literally months upon months grinding them on my Shaman back in Wotlk and Cata, now I've rerolled Monk I have to start from square one.
It's long overdue. I didn't earn a black proto-drake on my monk, yet it can ride it.
Make PVP mounts BoA already.
It's like the PvP side of mounts and titles is still stuck in Cataclysm, and a lot of the arguments that people come up with against making them account-wide sound like they could've been said for the PvE side of things back in Cataclysm, too.

Maybe Blizzard is afraid that there won't be any incentive to play PvP on alts after players have gotten certain achievements on their main, because there's nothing new to be achieved.

I can't think of any argument against making PvP mounts and titles account-wide.
Mounts and Titles should be Account-Wide.

I earn them and i dont need to play with one character whole game.With Legion i will play DH so? Must i do all Achievement again with him? I dont think so.This game will be 11th years.Its too boring to do achievements again.

(Sorry for Bad English)

Regards
so they aren't account wide? Yea that is dumb for sure since everything else at this point IS account wide, so frankly this issue was made by Blizzard when they decided to make this exception. As such people complaining at anyone saying it is dumb, and downvoting everyone who just sees it as a problem (classic wow forum mentality) are not understanding that this argument clearly should exist since it was invited to exist by making the exception in the first place.

When you exclude someone they will complain, when you exclude something people will complain about it. That's how things roll and why exclusion is often bad.
21/11/2013 13:16Posted by Mcmahon
Mounts, yes, titles, no. They should also remove other titles from being account-wide though.

My sentiments are the same, heck I'm not even that sold on the Mounts thing (while on the one hand making them Accountwide has caused me to get certain Mounts I'd otherwise wouldn't have bothered with, on the other hand now most of my characters just ride around on the same couple of Mounts which makes them more 'samey' + the other objections I have to Accountwide features that aren't just practical )
Aww a 3 year old necro, where i get to view the old bigger and hairy me.