Can old items be resored?

Customer Support
And I mean, really old.
I played trough Vanilla, TBC and WOTLK. I aquired som cool items that are no longer optainable in the game. Unknowingly that I could use the items 4-5 years later as transmog, I sold them to a vendor.

PS: Please delete old content and let us veterans keep the items! It makes us feel special.
Sorry im a bit late, but I feel its worth a try.
Well you can check item restore, but if it was 4-5 years ago that you deleted them, theres not much chance that they are there. Sorry, theyre lost forever.

Also, why would they delete usable content so that "veterans" can feel special, sorry but thats just stupid.
They won't be able to, those logs are going to be long gone and they don't restore things off stuff like quests I'm afraid. They will not be in the restoration section either as those are, to my knowledge, the same logs the GMs can see.

27/11/2013 10:58Posted by Derrek
PS: Please delete old content and let us veterans keep the items! It makes us feel special.

As a veteran: no, thanks.
Hello Derrek,

The Battle.net Item Restore service will not be able to restore items that were deleted that long ago. If you would like to submit a suggestion though, you can do it in-game. Here's how to do it:

• Open the Customer Support window (the red question mark on your action bar).
  • Click Submit Suggestion.
  • Enter your suggestion, making sure to follow the guidelines on the submission form.
  • Click Submit.

CS 101 - when saying no, soften the blow via distraction :)
Just so you know, you can still buy the Death Knight starting gear from the Abomination vendor in Acherus (That's usually the main issue for Death Knights ;))

Also as a Veteran, I think it's a bit harsh on the newer players to not let them see the cool gimmick stuff and Transmog, and think it's slight selfish on our part if we couldn't hold onto the items, to not let any one else have them

We still have some of the cool event stuff, like Dark Portal and Zombie invasion armor (god bless you recolored Judgement) which we'll never see again
Talk about items i got from Zul Aman and Zul gurub + some lvl 60 epic gear
I once had a GM restore a quest reward for me (he probably was able to check in character database or something, that I've completed the quest), but that was before the Item Restoration tool, no idea if they still do it.

If it's a quest reward, might be worth a try. (though the database probably has no records for removed quests, as they became obsolete and possibly removed)

Raid drops, sorry, but i doubt it. (although for ZG/ZA, they reintroduced the models with
Isle of Thunder zone drop greens, I believe)
I once had a GM restore a quest reward for me (he probably was able to check in character database or something, that I've completed the quest), but that was before the Item Restoration tool, no idea if they still do it.

If it's a quest reward, might be worth a try. (though the database probably has no records for removed quests, as they became obsolete and possibly removed)

Raid drops, sorry, but i doubt it. (although for ZG/ZA, they reintroduced the models with
Isle of Thunder zone drop greens, I believe)

I made a ticket for an old item from a BC quest reward, and was told that i couldn't get it back unless it was in the item restore.
Derrek, what items were they in particular if you know. There may be a matching model in the game currently. There may be a slight difference in colour but it would look the same.
Just to add, if it was Level 60 armor from Molten core/Bwl or the AQ's those are soloable now by level 90's.

Also, if it was the Sword from the old raid instance in Stranglethorn, I believe Archaeology has a replica from the Troll digsites

(Jin'rokh I think it was)

PS: Please stop nerfing curent content and making it accessible to everyone and let us newer players be the only ones who get those items, which are later removed and not a 1% drop chance or achievments still beeing in the game! It makes us feel special.
Swords from an old SM quest that either was given or ended with sylvanas. About lvl 35.
Derrek, what items were they in particular if you know. There may be a matching model in the game currently. There may be a slight difference in colour but it would look the same.

If you are into transmog, you would understand, that blue != red item, even if matching model, aswell as robe != chestpiece + leggins, as later ones can be used separatedly.

And when you think about ZG/ZA loot - you shouldn't think of those troll-look armor and weapons, you should think about those common-model items that's been left behind, like:
Bloodtinged Kilt which is a red version of Haramad's Leg Wraps... wait... they removed that one TOO?! -_- Thanks god I managed to get both on priest.
Another fine example - Glacial Leggings, you may say that I should just use the robe? No. I want to use another chestpiece with it, for better looks. Especially that for leather/mail/plate - there only chestpiece, leaving legs open.
Also many items from old Naxx, alot of items from there, including Crystal Webbed Robe which have same look like Chan's Imperial Robes, but... the second was lost aswell since the mob who dropped it been remade into lower level, so he doesn't drop it and the item got lost in database.
Also, many, many, MANY items from old quests like Rancor Boots, Breastplate of the Chromatic Flight, etc
Even some of the newest items have bound to be no longer obtainable - I speak of "quest set" from Cataclysm and Pandaria quests - some color variation of those items(only 1 version for Cata) can not be aquired from anywhere.

And don't even make me start talking about lost recipes/mounts... (that would be off-topic tho)