Ghostcrawler Leaving

General
1 2 3 24 Next
YES!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3597-Ghostcrawler-to-leave-Blizzard-Entertainment
You, wait, what?
Why is that a good thing? He's not the only person who has a say in what content/which way the game sways.
I can't wait for people to realise that this game won't change when they hire a new systems designer.
I wish Mr. Greg Street the very best of luck in the future! <3
Well people leave for other opportunities in any business whether it's for the better or for the worse for Blizzard.

Ghostcrawler, I wish you every bit of luck and success in your new job and I'd like to thank you for being a part of WoW.
I can't wait for people to realise that this game won't change when they hire a new systems designer.

Most likely not as of the next expansion as most of it is obviously already underway, and has been while Ghostcrawler was with Blizzard but, hey, we can dream that someone could take it someplace better with the expansions that follow WoD. Who knows, WoD could still be awesome, all the same.
That's a shame. I wonder if he'll get a job in a similar business.
Also, It must be hard to do your job when clueless folk on the forums blame you for absolutely everything.
Just waiting for fools to come here with "good and finally!".
Finally.
I think OP doesnt know how hard it is to get a job/do HIS job good.
Nothing will probably change, and if something does all that will come out of it is rage.
27/11/2013 18:38Posted by Rélikk
Most likely not as of the next expansion as most of it is obviously already underway, and has been while Ghostcrawler was with Blizzard but, hey, we can dream that someone could take it someplace better with the expansions that follow WoD. Who knows, WoD could still be awesome, all the same

You seem to forget that every decision that has been made for the game was done by a TEAM of developers, not just Ghostcrawler.

Ghostcrawler was merely the face of that team. He was the face that told us what the development team believes is right for the future of the game. He was the face that had both flowers and poop thrown at.

So whether you like it or not, that is just a fact: the game's direction will not change much in the future because the team is still very much the same. The only difference is that there will be a new face to throw flowers and poop at.
I pity the poor bastard who ends up with GC's job. Every little thing that's wrong with the game will be blamed on him and people will start threads about how much better it was when GC was in charge.
27/11/2013 18:38Posted by Rélikk
hey, we can dream that someone could take it someplace better with the expansions that follow WoD.

What's saying things will improve? The next guy may make things worse, the grass isn't always greener.
27/11/2013 18:44Posted by Semina
I pity the poor bastard who ends up with GC's job. Every little thing that's wrong with the game will be blamed on him and people will start threads about how much better it was when GC was in charge.

I am predicting these threads already. It will be amusing.
Too bad. Noone left to flame on twitter anymore. Except Bashiok.
A sad day for Warcraft :'(
I don't fully understand the hatred towards GC, and never have done. He never made any of the decisions alone, so if you're expecting a massive change in policy your sadly deluded. And even if you weren't, there's absolutely no way to know things would be better.

Recently GC has been incredibly easy to contact and vocal via twitter. I hope his replacement continues in that vein, but they have absolutely no reason to do so.

Good luck in whatever you do GC.
Too bad. Noone left to flame on twitter anymore. Except Bashiok.

I still curse metzen daily for lore.... Like how come the argents are still ignoring sylvanas!!!! I gave up on lore with cata sadly and sick of orc/human or aka orc/x race lore combo`s each expansion. Poor draeinei, worgen, gnomes, goblins, tauren, be'`s......
Ripinpeace