Ghostcrawler Leaving

General
Prev 1 9 10 11 24 Next
28/11/2013 08:42Posted by Draeneifury
Jay wilson

If true, I feel sorry for him, having to cater to a player base that can be as repugnant as WoWs.
28/11/2013 07:44Posted by Tinkerlock
He's a LEAD system designer for a reason, old man.

That means, that he is leading a team of people. Not, that he is a dictator and everything will be done according to his will.
People are just blaming him for everything (good and bad), because he was doing almost all communication from dev. team to players. I really feel for the guy, who will replace him

^ THIS

I lead a (very) large team of scientists in a complex research and development program - been doing it for twelve years and I can tell you that you will not last six months in any leardership role unless you engage your team and let them make the right choices in their own areas.

Personally, I'm sorry to see Greg go and await (with some trepidation) the announcement of his replacement. My fear is that he jumped before he was pushed - considering the seemingly inexorable slide in subscription numbers. Hopefully that's just my paranoia though...

So Greg, as one scientist team leader to another: best of luck, mate, in all things!
when he join blizzard in 2008 he killed wow for 6 year

look at vanilla and TBC the game were epic and now more then 3-4 million people quit this game

i'm very happy with this news finally blizzard did something right now wod will be like TBC and vanilla

i cant wait <3
lol at the guy who said can i have his gold
does this mean mages wont be Fotm every patch anymore ? new System designer plz play rogue
does this mean mages wont be Fotm every patch anymore ? new System designer plz play rogue

Mage is not and never was a FOTM class because of its skillcap.
Mage is not and never was a FOTM class because of its skillcap.

Bad troll. 0/10.
Will be fun to see what kind of new ideas might be aired now :) People who think there won't be a single change is cheating themselves. A new brain means new thoughts, even if all of them doesn't get through.
I'm just wanting to jump in here to give an enormous and heartfelt thanks to Ghostcrawler for everything that he has done for the community, the game and for Blizzard. He will be sorely missed and I wish him all the best in his new opportunity.

Also; blue-tagging this thread for visibility.
I'm just wanting to jump in here to give an enormous and heartfelt thanks to Ghostcrawler for everything that he has done for the community, the game and for Blizzard. He will be sorely missed and I wish him all the best in his new opportunity.

Also; blue-tagging this thread for visibility.

But what about Zarcrawler? #savethechildren
Ghostcrawler made wow amazing and it it will be very hard to find someone to fill his shoes.

Farewell mate, I wish you all the best in life. May you & your loved ones experience joy, health and well-being in all years to come.

Your work is highly appreciated, and you will be missed <3

For anyone that replaces him, I wish you the best of luck and I'd just want to say that you should know that you're filling a spot that GC has put a very high standard on. It won't be easy, but we are with you every step of the way.

I would like to take the opportunity to thank Blizzard's employees for everything that they have made available to us. God bless your all.
Well...I am a neutral individual when it comes to this. He left? Ok... may he find what he wants in the future. I only hope that the new guy makes sure they (the team) will find a way to strictly separate PvP from PvE. What I mean is:

-several class changes because of PvP have ZERO IMPACT on PvE
-several class changes because of PvE have ZERO IMPACT on PvP

When they manage to separate these elements from each other, then AND ONLY THEN we will have our ballancing => both sides are happy. I am a PvE Player who has NOTHING TO DO with PvP, but I have to pay for the PvPers complaints. I am sick and tired of being a colateral damage.

So... new guy... do me a favour and SEPARATE PvP from PvE!!!

Thank you
I heard that Jay Wilson (former lead developer of Diablo 3) will take his place.

If I were an investor, I'd be extremely worried by that.

As a player, while it would make me right about GC apperently being the best man they had for the job of handling systems (he was directly responsible for balance, and in general he did say that he was the ultimate person responsible for the game), it fills me with dread.

Luckily, I have enough faith in Blizz left that they won't let their main source of revenue be led by the guy quite argueably resposible for all but killing their Diablo-brand. Personally, with all those guys from the Titan team coming back (and the project apparently being nixxed till EverQuest Next and other sandboxes have crystallized), I expect one of those guys taking charge.

Wether that will be all bunnies and daffodils reamins to be seen.

I do wonder wether this all will impact WoD in one way or another, as the new systems guy may think differently about what constitutes balance.
28/11/2013 10:34Posted by Tuzza
So... new guy... do me a favour and SEPARATE PvP from PvE!!!

This has been discussed before, and replied to in 'blue'. I also hope this happens.

Let's give the new guy a chance and see what he is offering first. Once he implements his plans, and after the tweaking and fixing and all, then we can start asking and requesting whatever we want.

:P
28/11/2013 10:39Posted by Anvarra
Luckily, I have enough faith in Blizz left that they won't let their main source of revenue be led by the guy quite argueably resposible for all but killing their Diablo-brand

I wouldn't necessarily pin everything that went wrong with Diablo on Jay Wilson, in fairness. We need to keep in mind that decisions made for any game at Blizzard is made in the consensus of a team. I am pretty sure there were some really good and really bad ideas he had which didn't make it into the game due to the team's lack of overall agreement.

On a more positive note, I think Diablo is salvaging itself anyway. Was already beginning to do so when Jay Wilson was still in charge.

I wouldn't personally worry too much if Jay Wilson was put in Ghostcrawler's place, as he has got MMO experience. But I would believe that he will have a lot more on his shoulders considering the nature of the WoW community, and also the reputation he obtained from Diablo (debatable whether the latter is truly justified or not).
Greg did a lot of good for this game, especially the fact that he went out of his way to speak to people about the game as often as he could. The guy's an asset for any company, honestly. Haters gonna hate, but damn people- The ones hating on him...
You really seem to have no clue how much work it goes into doing what he did, nor do you seem to understand the fact that the game won't drastically change because the lead designer took his farewell. Greg isn't blizzard in entirety, as has been stated previously in this thread.

It's not like WoW is run by a 3 man team.

Thanks for everything, Greg. I hope wherever you decide to go, you'll be more well received than you get- by the EU forums.
i believe Abraham Lincoln said it best...'You can please some of the people some of the time all of the people some of the time some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time'.
good luck GC and ty..:)
I started playing in 2.3, and from what I can tell Ghostcrawler has been around for most if not all of it. He's been the most interactive member of the Development Team, actively communicating with Players to try and find out what they want and make the game better. Whilst some of the things added people may dislike, he's been patient and responded to people to explain decisions. It's wonderful to have this kind of communication, and hopefully whoever takes on the reins will be as durable as he was. He's even replied to me before on Twitter, and Dev's doing that is awesome.

People saying he killed the game, he alone did not make all the decisions. Those saying Vanilla and TBC were the glory days probably have some rose tinted glasses on. The game has adapted and evolved, and is still going stronger than some MMO's released a year or two ago.

Anyways, thanks for contributing so much towards a game that I've been playing since 2007/08. Will be interested to see where you head to next, and hope it all goes well.

Also, assuming we'll be tormenting Celestalon from now on with our Tweets :)
https://twitter.com/Celestalon
when he join blizzard in 2008 he killed wow for 6 year

look at vanilla and TBC the game were epic and now more then 3-4 million people quit this game

i'm very happy with this news finally blizzard did something right now wod will be like TBC and vanilla

i cant wait <3

You must already play on a dead server as you don't seem bothered by the fact a return to TBC would result on EVERY server being as dead.

Too Complicated:Didn't Understand - returning to TBC design would cause a greater sub loss in the first quarter than in all others combined.