Ghostcrawler Leaving

General
Prev 1 17 18 19 24 Next
So... whereever he is heading, I sure wish the ghostly crab the best of luck. May you find another place where you can live your creativity and craziness to the fullest. I'm keen on finding out what this new project is all about. See you in gaming... even if you'll be missed in WoW =)
29/11/2013 10:43Posted by Anabelle
the idea about accessibility of content which led to some additions that are popular in the short run, but which shorten the life span of content
You and your five elitist friends cannot, alas, keep such a huge game afloat. Or maybe you can? Try! WoW F2P and special snowflakes special again! Sounds like a dream, doesn't it?
Anabelle going for the record of most wrongness posted in a single thread.
this is truly great news, i'm very happy. Although he isnt solely responsible for all thats happened in wow for the last n years, he is the lead designer, and therefore shoulders most of the blame. Yes, there have been good things - flexi comes to mind, but a lot of poor decisions in there as well.

funnily enough i actually liked age of empires which i believe he worked upon previously, but his work in wow has been poor

i wont break out the champagne yet, as there is no telling what his successor will be like, but a celebratory cup of tea and biscuit are in order.
29/11/2013 15:51Posted by Fishmeister
he is the lead designer

He's the lead systems designer, equal rank-wise with Cory Stockton (lead content designer), and both of them report to Tom Chilton (game director).

Because Ghostcrawler is the most vocal and accessible member of the design team, players credit/blame him for all sorts of things, and he's said himself that he's bound by Blizzard's own corporate philosophy which limits what the design team can and can't do.

Also, as people are having their usual 'but subscription numbers!' tit for tat, compare that subscription graph with a standard product life cycle:

http://www.quickmba.com/images/marketing/product/lifecycle/plc.gif

WoW isn't losing players because of whatever your pet hate change is, but because it's an old game facing increasing competition in the online gaming space.
Ah yes, lets all say goodbye to the great God who has made this game so great. I've got nothing against him personally though, and I don't understand why the lot of you are so sad about him leaving.

Someone else will take his place and not much (probably nothing) will change. I'm not happy, nor sad that he is gone.

Bye.
Can we let these GC topics die now? He had enough limelight while breaking the game. I am secretly celebrating his departure, I admit, but let's not pretend like he did good things for the game.
29/11/2013 16:53Posted by Djyolostylez
Can we let these GC topics die now? He had enough limelight while breaking the game. I am secretly celebrating his departure, I admit, but let's not pretend like he did good things for the game.

It is best to keep one open, so that new ones do not have the need to popup.
maybe we can get a Dev that Hates mages and loves paladins ? not the otherway around ?

best news ever.
So is GC now full time at a blizzard subsidiary for developing PROJECT TITAN?
So is GC now full time at a blizzard subsidiary for developing PROJECT TITAN?

Fortunately no. He won't wreck that one as well.
@GhostCrawler

Allthough I am NOT going to leave the game just because you apparently got a better job for the future, I have to say:
You will be missed my friend.
Nobody has like you been abel to connect the Players and the Devs.

It is indeed very possibel that many of us disagre with some of your decissions, and reading many threads here leave me with the impression. that you alone are responsibel for all "bad" things.
Nonsense I say. you have made it possibel on a daily basis to talk with people responsibel for the Game we love.
Ty for that

My hope for the future of Wow is that what you started will be futher developed, and used actively in the quest for the next 4 Xpac's :-)

I am sure your new Job will be exiting, but as an old Wow-gamer I am as sure that we will see you once in a while, you simply can't help it I am sure, hehe
Best Wishes for you and your loved ones

See you InGame
Absalonhvide @ Dragonblight-EU
Thanks you for game. And good luck Ghostcrawler :,(
Take care GC!
GC's personality and rapport with the whole WoW community has been fantastic.. I'm going to miss reading his tweets and occasional dev blogs, but hoping that whoever replaces him is able to do such a good job at helpingthe rest of the world understand all the thought processes, philosophies and difficulties that the devs face in trying to make a game which is fun for everyone.

I do wonder wether this all will impact WoD in one way or another, as the new systems guy may think differently about what constitutes balance.

Personally I care more about the game being fun than being balanced. I loved TBC, and I didn't give a hoot about the fact that paladin tanks were able to AoE dungeon trash to their heart's content while my warrior struggled to aggro more than 4 targets at once through frantic tab-targeting and the occasional cleave/TClap :)

In fact, if the new guy does think differently about what constitutes balance then it might even be healthy for the game; especially if the new guy ends up being a complete outsider who is new to Blizzard.. maybe they will surprise us with some fresh ideas.
Aah ghostcrawler.
The guy under whose leadership were implemented the great, the almighty :

- LFD
- LFR
- rollface leveling
- heirlooms
- brainless questing
- low level insane PvP
- pet battles
- teleports everywhere
- daily grinds
- weekly points cap
- class uniformization
- fluffy lore
- destruction of group play necessity outside raids
- annihilation of class resources (mana, rage..)
- removal of all RPG features (ammunition, food, "walk" quests, class-specific long quests, dungeons keys & attunements..)

Probably forgetting some other great achievements of his elite team.
Azuriel had a nice post on GC, like me he may not have been the biggest fan of GC's decisions, but he was relatively approachable.

http://inanage.com/2013/11/28/ghostcrawlers-unexpected-exit/

(still...please don't go work on EQN, please don't...)
Aah ghostcrawler.

- LFD
- LFR
- rollface leveling
- heirlooms
- brainless questing
- low level insane PvP
- pet battles
- teleports everywhere
- daily grinds
- weekly points cap
- class uniformization
- fluffy lore
- removal of all RPG features (ammunition, food, "walk" quests, class-specific long quests, dungeons keys & attunements..)

Firstly, I don't think all, or even most of them, are bad.

But I just want to point out how stupid it is to blame GC for "fluffy lore". The systems team don't really take care of that.
Aah ghostcrawler.

- LFD
- LFR
- rollface leveling
- heirlooms
- brainless questing
- low level insane PvP
- pet battles
- teleports everywhere
- daily grinds
- weekly points cap
- class uniformization
- fluffy lore

Shame only one of those things was his responsibilty. Way to make yourself look like an ignorant fool.
I dont usualy post.
But ....

FINALY that piece of *art* leaves and stops destroying this game.

GTFO Greg.
Peace

Why is it always a blood elf or male draenei that makes these collosally stupid posts?
You dont even know what GC did at Blizzard. All you know is that he is the one that actually bothered to communicate with your ungrateful !@#.