Prime example of the community by Aldru

General
12/12/2013 21:10Posted by Gannet
You don't know me or anything about how I act. How dare you accuse me is such folly!

you do realize i can see you posts ..like all of them right?

Yup, I do. And because you read all my posts you know everything about how I act all the time?
I can see how you think and ofc you join like-minded people :)
@OP

I guess this applies to you

http://leviathyn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/jimmies_rustled.jpg
I can see how you think and ofc you join like-minded people :)

Believe what you like from what little you know. I can count on zero fingers the amount of times I have been an annoying (as in griefing) player in game; so all it proves is that your not very good at reading someone's personality :-).
You can't use the word 'community' based on a bad experience from one person.

On the whole I find the in game community great. It's the forum community where many of the undesirables hang out ;-)

How about 16 bad examples out of 19 total?

You see, the reason you find the community great is because you are the undesirable, you feel good with your own but the other 3 people out of those 19 don't like the community, because it's filled with people like you.

Now that is 16 out of the millions, yep that's right, millions of players that make up this community. To claim that it is the community as whole is misleading to say the least. I have met far far more nice players than I have met the nastier unsociable kind.
why does it hurt you so much to get spat on in a game here look im going to do it now

/target Aldru
/spit
/mock
/gloat

well ... boohoo how hurtful .... really c'mon
I farm coins a lot on the island too (over 600 now on my rogue) and I've had people tell me that my children / wife / family will get murdered or r*ped (sometimes in this order lol), wishing me to get cancer / HIV, and also some kinky things with my Mother etc. you get the idea - nice community right?

not just 2-3 guys but more like 30++ different players who would all get banned if I was pety enough to report them, but why bother its so sad & pathetic the only thing you can do is laugh at them when they threaten to kill you IRL over something that happens in the game 'cause they obv. have the mental agility of a potato to come out with such BS

12/12/2013 18:31Posted by Aldru
Had I been a newplayer, first account and all that I would have unsubbed instantly at such rudeness.

That's just your way of looking at it. In fact the opposite was true for me I remember when the game was new getting ganked by better skilled / geared players than me in wPvP when I was farming @ Tyr's Hand and ofc getting spat on and mocked etc. just made the game more exciting and exhilarating to get revenge & ofc to improve my play
Not everyone is as sensitive to things as you think they are tbh
You got it easy ,this is very little against the amount or profanity and nonsense i see daily in game : i play random bg very often and it has become very common to see even again one day ago in AV peoples hate and racism and talk about jewish people, black people , !@#$%^-*!@ , gas chamber , Hitler without even a lead to the subject and nothing can be done about it .

Back a few years ago you would harass or ninja someone you might have had some problem but now as much as i appreciate this game there is no more rules.
A friend tricked me in Wotlk that there's a feat of strength if you do 10k /spit on enemies after you killed them regardless of their level.

Looking back I think being killed by a level by a level 80 rogue that would emote /spit 20 times(I even had a macro!)would definetely make someone mad.

So what's the deal if someone does /spit /gloat, they're just colored pixels, you mean to tell me that pixels can hurt your feelings?
12/12/2013 20:06Posted by Eludia
where many questers go nuttier than squirrel poop

so much win right there :)

I'm borrowing that.

dammit beat me to it
Looking back I think being killed by a level by a level 80 rogue that would emote /spit 20 times(I even had a macro!)would definetely make someone mad.

Ahahahaha. I admit to finding that hilarious.

@OP, it's a game, deal with it. Some rude emoting isn't too excessive.
@OP

I guess this applies to you

http://leviathyn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/jimmies_rustled.jpg
If you read the OP you would see my jimmies aren't exactly rustled :)

why does it hurt you so much to get spat on in a game here look im going to do it now

/target Aldru
/spit
/mock
/gloat

well ... boohoo how hurtful .... really c'mon
I farm coins a lot on the island too (over 600 now on my rogue) and I've had people tell me that my children / wife / family will get murdered or r*ped (sometimes in this order lol), wishing me to get cancer / HIV, and also some kinky things with my Mother etc. you get the idea - nice community right?
If you read the OP it doesn't exactly say anywhere that im upset about that, frankly I just brush it off, but it does make me curios how this community is headign with people like that all over.

That's just your way of looking at it. In fact the opposite was true for me I remember when the game was new getting ganked by better skilled / geared players than me in wPvP when I was farming @ Tyr's Hand and ofc getting spat on and mocked etc. just made the game more exciting and exhilarating to get revenge & ofc to improve my play
Not everyone is as sensitive to things as you think they are tbh
Again, as said, thats what id do, others might not have been acting so. I even said so in a few replies to others~
Surely I can understand getting mocked makes it better when getting revenge, but that is besides my point.

So what's the deal if someone does /spit /gloat, they're just colored pixels, you mean to tell me that pixels can hurt your feelings?
Please do enlighten me where it said it hurt my feelings? Just makes me wonder about the community if anything.