Worst support ever.

Customer Support
I unlearnt Skinning two nights ago accidentally and as an error on my part, I wanted to unlearn mining to pick up Leatherworking - as I have other alts with the mining profession already.

I opened a ticket to get my profession restored to my character (Fair enough) and I was told that it would take TWO DAYS for the GM's to respond to my ticket.

Take that in a minute, two, Days.

I got my reply late today telling me that because 72 hours had passed that I can no longer recover my profession as intended, and this is quite frankly due to very little fault of my own, I opened the ticket SOON AFTER I had removed the profession - there is no excuse why my skill couldn't be restored, the GM's took way too long to reply to my request.

I realize this is due to personal error but regardless, if GM support was avaliable I would have my profession back right now, and there would be no need for this thread.

This is unsatisfactory customer support - this also isn't the first time GM's have provided an unsatisfactory service - I understand that GM's are under a lot of pressure and these things sometimes happen but I'd rather they didn't.

I do believe Blizzard usually provide a great customer service, but this is an exception.
Really? You're gonna quit the game because you weren't careful?

Doesn't it come up with a 2nd pop up warning as well when you unlearn a skill?
Relearn it, level it up, make money.

You get a warning before you unlearn, your own fault anyway.
Your fault OP stop looking for others to blame based upon a screw up, caused by you.
Is there a hidden meaning in all the WORDS IN CAPS?
lmao you clicked yes on the warning aswell
12/12/2013 17:02Posted by Ignitious
Doesn't it come up with a 2nd pop up warning as well when you unlearn a skill?

Yes, it does.

However, Bow, it doesn't matter how long it takes for them to reach the ticket, just as long as you open it within a reasonable time. If it is as you say that you opened a ticket very soon after, then I would suggest you email CSFeedbackEU@Blizzard.com where a senior GM will take a further but final look at the situation. You will get a reply but it may take a while. No harm in trying.

Be sure to state in your email that you did open a ticket quickly and that the "72 hours" part of the reply is not appropriate considering you had to wait until they answered it.
Is there a hidden meaning in all the WORDS IN CAPS?

I like that he ended up going back and editing his post so all the ones that were capitalized are now in bold as well. Just in case we missed them.
lmao you clicked yes on the warning aswell

stop looking for others to blame based upon a screw up, caused by you.

Please don't comment if you have nothing constructive to add to the discussion, I realize I messed up shortly after I did it - of course I did. I knew I messed up, if the GM's were more quick to respond however.. I'd of had my profession back there and then.

No fuss.

But no, that's not the case.
Blizzard have lots of tickets to contend with, especially since BlizzCon. You are in a queue, and you can't barge your way to the front. Deal with what life gives you. Follow the advice Liezé gave and just level it up again.
Can you imagine how many tickets they get for every single dreary little problem that wow players who need babysitting make?
I would try and take it further TBH. If the company are willing to reinstate lost professions within 72hours then it should be from the time you made the ticket, not from however long it took the GMs to reply.
Its all very well telling the OP they are an idiot but how would you feel if every complaint was dealt with days later with the response 'sorry, over 3 days...cant help you!'?
how would you feel if every complaint was dealt with days later with the response 'sorry, over 3 days...cant help you!'?

Exactly how I feel, I was under the impression my case would be handled when GM's had the time. I didn't expect to be told that my case couldn't be resolved due to the time it took for GM's to answer the request.
What is your point with this thread?

"*cry* I clicked wrong button pls feel sorry for me"
12/12/2013 17:07Posted by Shammoz
If it is as you say that you opened a ticket very soon after, then I would suggest you email CSFeedbackEU@Blizzard.com where a senior GM will take a further

Thanks, I've done that.

Cant handle the truth?

"*cry* I clicked wrong button pls feel sorry for me"

No need to act like some over dramatic prat either but here you are.

Ugh, best community in the world right here. Going to leave the thread now, you wouldn't like it if you lost one of your professions and a bunch of strangers just told you to take the time out of your life to re-level it when it could've been restored at the time, it's not that I can't or am too lazy to level the profession, it's that I shouldn't have needed to in the first place.