Post your unobtainable item!

General
Prev 1 2 3 11 Next
This one.
Circle of Flame

Got it by chance waaaaaaay back in TBC when a guildie offered to boost me through the Blackrock dungeons so I could get into Outland and catch up to my main.

But it isnt unobtainable.
Sawbones Shirt

Got a few, anathema, brewfest ram, also Mature Black Dragon Sinew in my warriors bank but im an idiot and didn't bother to do the quest line on here :D
White Set from Stratholme.
[A Girlfriend]

We're here for you, brother.
anathema

I would pay any sum of gold for this beauty
I have a Baby Blizzard Bear :D
Barov Peasant Caller

Is still obtainable, the quest just changed with Cata.

Gold Medallion
I did have the RaF Touring Rocket Mount but it's not unobtainable any more since they re-introduced it again, I don't suppose that counts, does it? :P
OK im not gonna search all the items i still have spread over all my characters.

But it contains all the previous brewfest steins.
Rogue poisons. (still even got the rogue poison profession in action bar but can't click it)
Some old argent dawn stuff as mentioned above. The opening of the dark portal tabart.

Zandalari coins. (gues they can't be obtained anymore but they arent greyed out)
Recipe: Dirge's Kickin' Chimaerok Chops
At least something that isn't easy to make now days after the island were you got the meat sunk.

The Scepter of the Shifting Sands
Lets just say getting this item was a pain in the neck.
Was a item you got in the quest chain to open the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj. Something I also decided to do before the quest chain was discontinued.
My warrior still carries around a Flint and Tinder and a Black Dragonflight Molt.
Although I never did find out what that last one was used for =p
Shirt n tabard, pce

Also got stuff like haunted memento, frozen runes, deviate scale belt pattern, but I guess they arent unobtainable when they can be sold
My warrior still carries around a Flint and Tinder and a Black Dragonflight Molt.
Although I never did find out what that last one was used for =p

The Black Dragonflight Molt, came from this quest chain.
[48] Divine Retribution Divine Retribution
[48] The Flawless Flame The Flawless Flame
[48] Forging the Shaft Forging the Shaft
[50] The Flame's Casing The Flame's Casing
[50] The Torch of Retribution The Torch of Retribution
[50] The Torch of Retribution The Torch of Retribution
[50] Squire Maltrake Squire Maltrake
[52] Set Them Ablaze! Set Them Ablaze!
[50] Trinkets... Trinkets...
[54] A Taste of Flame A Taste of Flame
[54] A Taste of Flame A Taste of Flame
[58D] A Taste of Flame A Taste of Flame

To explain it's use, you made it into a Altered Black Dragonflight Molt. Then used that on Bael Gar a boss in Blackrock Depths.
Recipe: Dirge's Kickin' Chimaerok Chops
At least something that isn't easy to make now days after the island were you got the meat sunk.

Near the west coast near the border of Silithus and Feralas flies a Rare Chimera that drops the required meat, so if you know the Recipe, you can now once again get the mats for that mighty meal.

I have far more Grandfathered Items across my characters than I can realistically list, far less than I would have wanted, and try not to think about all the Metalworking and Woodworking Gloves I DE'ed during several clearances of my Guildbanks during Wrath.

But to name a few:

- I have most of the trappings from the original Argent Dawn, including multiples of the various Scourge stones, the goo extractor, and a whole bunch of Workorders;

- I have a bunch of so-called Obsolete Quest Items in general, including Dartol's Rod on basically all my Terokkarian characters on this account, and (iirc) the flar-gun to summon the plane in Azashara;

- a bunch of the various Strategic Commands (or what their name was) from Silithus, as well as a couple of the Cenarion marks;

- animal bits and bobs, coins and Primal hakkari goo from good ol' Zul Gurub;

- the scroll to summon the shade of hakkar in Sunken Temple, scrolls of Beckoning of various types, pages of the Nesingwary novel, and Faded Photgraphs of Linken and his even better looking love;

- a whole bunch of GF Quest rewards and BoP's though far, far less than would want to;

- similarly with BoE's (I could start a Humber's Helm shop, though the one I'm really keen on having is a set of Raven's Claws; I got suckered out of my Skeletal Longsword about a year ago)

- not really GF per se but on Anvarra and others on my eldest account I have Grandmarshal Gear, acquired before they put the rather nonsensical (as in, the reason they gave caused far more damage to the game - aggravated the naked newcomer issue at cap especially - than it helped) level requirement on Honor Gear purchases in place

Now I know I am 'supposed' to say that all this stuff makes me really, really special, and that it would be evil vile [insert noun of choice] if other characters of the appropriate original level range could acquire these goods again in the same manner as I did.

But I won't, frankly I am against removing content, period, outside of blatant balance issues like Heirlooms pose, and one of the primary reasons I find little if any joy in levelling is that I can't (re)do the perfectly good content that existed previously*, most notably the Class Quests.

*technically speaking, a lot of the original content and Quests still exists - it is why all that grandfathered stuff still exists in our banks, and you can actually Complete and turn-in Obsolete Quests you still have in your log, as long as the targets etc. still exist - but they essentially removd the ability to pick up Obsolete Quests and/or altered the level of certain mobs so they 'can't' drop their Chen's Robes and what not anymore.

In other words, despite fantasies about whole files being deleted and what not, most of the old Quests still exist, and if the pick-ups were re-activated, there would be a whole bunch of 'new' content again, same with removed mobs and what not (heck, they have been using mdoels from Alpha like Gilljam's Island in later expansions, and I won't even go into the murkier things like glitch-exploring allowing you to re-visit old Zones sans inhabitants)
11/12/2013 22:26Posted by Anvarra
In other words, despite fantasies about whole files being deleted and what not, most of the old Quests still exist, and if the pick-ups were re-activated, there would be a whole bunch of 'new' content again, same with removed mobs and what not (heck, they have been using mdoels from Alpha like Gilljam's Island in later expansions, and I won't even go into the murkier things like glitch-exploring allowing you to re-visit old Zones sans inhabitants)

I don't think quests and mobs were stored in 'files' anyway. I think they were server-side definitions.

Implementing some of them again is something Blizzard can easily do if they wanted to. Its their design choice not to do it. Of course some quests might break because of the difference between the old world and new though.

I admittedly miss the need to do quests to get most of my druid animal forms. One of the reasons I cherish this current character because almost all his animal forms were obtained from quests during levelling, back in the days when he was just a night elf discovering the world.

I most fondly remember the fun I had getting my aqua form. I nearly drowned there off the coast of Westfall!