Why Vanilla fanboys shouldn't be listened too.

General
Hello there.

This thread is here to point out something. A plague that has came to poke at us since 2007.

Flying: People felt that The Burning Crusade was a bad idea for bringing in flying. I've heard people state ''I left because of flying'' Flying doesn't have to be removed. Nor does it have to be delayed. Once we hit max level, we do not care about running around looking at things we've already seen. The Vanilla fanboys couldn't get over the fact that this game...World of Warcraft had flying mounts. Walking for 1-40 was horrible. And even when you got your new mount, you'd eventually get camped by level 60 horde. CAMPING IS NOT WORLD PVP. So, flying made us more safer and if we wanted to go down below, 9/10 we would. We'd fight horde if we saw them and nothing changed.

World PvP: This is the big one I think. You say World PvP was the best thing? Camping was so fun! No, camping is not World PvP. World Pvp is hillsbrad which...In tbc, had Halaa and Arenas implemented into the game. Still...more pvp right? So, wotlk hits. I know...Wintersgrasp. Which in my opinion was brilliant. But hey...no world pvp outside Wintergrasp? ''No world pvp is available to us'' Cataclysm had TB. TB wasn't great at all. But it was something, and PvPers were there and on my server, many a time...had huge fights before the actual battle. But hey...No world pvp. For the Alliance or For the Horde. EVERYTIME a group for these went up, the fractions would meet in the capital city and have a war in the city while trying to take down the Leader. I enjoyed an experience of killing all the leaders of the horde, and we waiting for the horde to reach Stormwind and we launched a full scale counter-attack. We hid behind the walls back in wotlk and all charged out when they attacked Wyrnn. That is world Pvp. It's out there. Just because someone can fly off, doesn't mean it's not there. Max level players need to understand that camping low level players does not make it world pvp. The low levels will automatically fly off due to not being able to fight the max level.

Raids: 40 mans are not viable anymore. Deal with it.

People will argue, but the bottom line is this is all true. Blizzard are trying to bring the ''Vanilla'' back in a way and the game is just not like that anymore. Whether it be, Vanilla, Wotlk or WoD I'll play, but alot of people won't. Flying in patch 6.1 has annoyed alot of the player base aswell as the ''Vanilla was best'' threads.

Have a nice day.
You seem to focus a lot on the "low level camping" part of WPvP in Vanilla, completely disregarding that it would eventually lead to a lot of level 60 players coming to fight back against the gankers, leading to many an epic battle.

I was ganked a lot by the opposing faction back in the day, but I still had fun because even at low level I could be of help to the higher level players, playing my part in winning the battle for whatever zone I was in.
Not everything was perfect in Vanilla, but it most certainly wasn't as bad as you're trying to put it.
I hated being ganked so moved to a PVE server. Just not my cup of tea. Each to their own.
Anyone using the term "Fanboy" shouldn't be listened to either.

The one thing this community does over and over is label other players who have different opinions. Fanboys, retards, noobs, Wrath babies etc.... it is just so unnecessary and not conducive to constructive discussion.

I do however agree with your thoughts on camping vs World PVP. The amost constant battle of Southshore and Tarren Mill, trying to get from one end of STV to the other without being killed... ah.. those were the days... but levelling was a pain :)
One should take into consideration that there are some people who genuinely, genuinely liked Vanilla and preferred the raw gameplay it had, without all the conveniences we are used to today.

Yes, I agree that often it is a case of simple nostalgia. People often forget what the game was like back in those days, and just remember how much fun they had playing something new and exciting. However, it is always a great idea to give someone the benefit of the doubt if they are backing up their feelings about the "old" and "new" comparisons with solid arguments.

As Shammoz said, using the term 'fanboy' isn't a good idea.
You don't get the point dude.

We rain 40 people together on a line towards the instance we were gonna raid. Felt epic every !@#$ing time. Also we would send squads to pick up tanks or people repairing during the raid.

Most amazing time of wow.
Hello there.

This thread is here to point out something. A plague that has came to poke at us since 2007.

Flying: People felt that The Burning Crusade was a bad idea for bringing in flying. I've heard people state ''I left because of flying'' Flying doesn't have to be removed. Nor does it have to be delayed. Once we hit max level, we do not care about running around looking at things we've already seen. The Vanilla fanboys couldn't get over the fact that this game...World of Warcraft had flying mounts. Walking for 1-40 was horrible. And even when you got your new mount, you'd eventually get camped by level 60 horde. CAMPING IS NOT WORLD PVP. So, flying made us more safer and if we wanted to go down below, 9/10 we would. We'd fight horde if we saw them and nothing changed.

World PvP: This is the big one I think. You say World PvP was the best thing? Camping was so fun! No, camping is not World PvP. World Pvp is hillsbrad which...In tbc, had Halaa and Arenas implemented into the game. Still...more pvp right? So, wotlk hits. I know...Wintersgrasp. Which in my opinion was brilliant. But hey...no world pvp outside Wintergrasp? ''No world pvp is available to us'' Cataclysm had TB. TB wasn't great at all. But it was something, and PvPers were there and on my server, many a time...had huge fights before the actual battle. But hey...No world pvp. For the Alliance or For the Horde. EVERYTIME a group for these went up, the fractions would meet in the capital city and have a war in the city while trying to take down the Leader. I enjoyed an experience of killing all the leaders of the horde, and we waiting for the horde to reach Stormwind and we launched a full scale counter-attack. We hid behind the walls back in wotlk and all charged out when they attacked Wyrnn. That is world Pvp. It's out there. Just because someone can fly off, doesn't mean it's not there. Max level players need to understand that camping low level players does not make it world pvp. The low levels will automatically fly off due to not being able to fight the max level.

Raids: 40 mans are not viable anymore. Deal with it.

People will argue, but the bottom line is this is all true. Blizzard are trying to bring the ''Vanilla'' back in a way and the game is just not like that anymore. Whether it be, Vanilla, Wotlk or WoD I'll play, but alot of people won't. Flying in patch 6.1 has annoyed alot of the player base aswell as the ''Vanilla was best'' threads.

Have a nice day.

Hello,

My friend, you are one special kind of breed of human, a breed that likes everything handed to them without having to work. The way things were in tbc and probably also before, were the best times of WoW. Thing is, I believe most subscribers will threaten with scratching whenever this ideology comes along.

I hope that those things that annoy players will remain untouched, and that more annoyances will come along. Why? You will, hopefully, figure out this unspoken thing in due time. I do wish you luck.

I don't apologize if I made you feel little. You need it to mature.

Sincerely,
Hermiona
Mage
I think if a player kills a player much lower than themselfs, they should get a Debuff called 'dishonored'

Players with the dishonored debuff reward X amount more Honor Points, the debuff lasts until killed.

[edit] and maybe lose honor points as well.
I think if a player kills a player much lower than themselfs, they should get a Debuff called 'dishonored'

Players with the dishonored debuff reward X amount more Honor Points, the debuff lasts until killed.

[edit] and maybe lose honor points as well.

Back in early Vanilla, there was such a thing as dishonourable kills, it was removed.
People who don't want flying, have other mmos to go to. /shoo at them.

Heck, even the new Wildstar Mmo is releasing with flying and ground mounts. I know that running around the same zone over and over and then using waypoints really kills my immersion in GW2, way more than flying ever have even threatened to in WoW...in fact, I get a lot of joy and immersion from actually flying around on my fav mounts! Watching the scenery, taking screenshots...time to go fly across Kalimdor again me thinks.
Who is this "we" you speak of OP? I don't remember you consulting me before posting.

You've written quite a long post and to be honest it doesn't really say much. There are plenty of vanilla players who will agree with whatever you said....even though they're fanboys of vanilla. There are also plenty of cata/mop newbies who will disagree with what you said. Where does that leave you?
So basically, in your title you're telling us not to listen to you, your whole post is pure opinion and your version of wpvp is fights that include 80% against npcs and a few scripted battles in designated zones.

awesome.
13/12/2013 15:11Posted by Shammoz
Anyone using the term "Fanboy" shouldn't be listened to either.
OP, you have no clue. At all.
13/12/2013 14:30Posted by Wadzana
CAMPING IS NOT WORLD PVP.

Yes it is. Like it or not, it is player vs player out in the world. That is, wpvp. It's one sided and it's fairly boring, but it's still pvp.
However, the main thing that makes it boring these days is... guess what, flying mounts. Reason is of course that a lot of the campers I have seen mostly just sit on their mount whenever another level 90 arrives.

So, flying made us more safer...

It also makes camping easier. You try to outrun a flying mount on your ground mount.

Regarding the aspect of immersion the goblin brings up...
For me to achieve immersion in games it needs to some extent remind me of reality, and if there's one thing I never do in reality is to get up on a random beast and fly off. Well, not by choice at least. I have taken a few short flights off horses backs, they were highly unpleasant, involuntarily and didn't remind me one bit of flying in game.
TL;DR OP got ganked and is posting a walltext of QQ?
Unfortunately, There are more "People who think Vanilla was awesome are idiots" threads than "Vanilla was awesome" titles.

- No major player group left the game because of flying in TBC and in fact, we all loved it because flying had a point in Outland; Both Lorewise and Gameplaywise.
- World PvP has never had anything to do with Flying; It was always a matter of World Design, than Gameplay Rules.
- 40-Man Raiding was epic because of it's scale. No change on that topic. But it was a design mistake. That's why 10/25 introduced.

No, they have no intention of bringing back Vanilla Gameplay and you don't have any arguments rather than no flying until 6.1; and this decision has nothing to do with Vanilla. It's purely a design choice and your lack of arguments against this decision led you to this trial of bashing Vanilla. - Also, you have no valid arguments why Vanilla Fanatics are so wrong either. As a person who likes Vanilla gameplay much more than Cataclysm gameplay; I have more valid arguments how Vanilla sucked hard than you could ever have.
OP has no idea what he's talking about.

Camping? PvE server that way -->

As for world pvp ? You could have it from the moment you walked into a zone like STV or Arathi with those your own level. Hell you could kill level 60s if you had the resources a gmomish engineer @ level 35-40 could kill a 60 in one shot with a death ray, if they got lucky.
Heck, a good player could kill a modestly heated 60 with ease around 45+ if they were melee. PvP was good in vanilla, really good, even if rogues were a bit...stunny.

As for Blizz wanting this game to be like vanilla? I just came back to the game and bought MoP a few days ago. This is a totally different game now, I don't even know how to play my class anymore it's changed so much! I'm a noob now! :p

Really, you can't even compare the two, vanilla was amazing, not 'rose tinted glasses' for people like me, it's style of game was preferable, however I'm here, paying Blizz, giving this game a chance, the game you prefer.

Maybe, don't disrespect people like me who are the few people leaving the rapidly growing vanilla servers to give this version of the game a chance, when everyone else seems to be leaving for said servers, which I think is a shame.

If WoD has vanilla elements it can only be a good thing, but from what I've heard it's going to be nothing like vanilla, whatsoever
13/12/2013 14:30Posted by Wadzana
World of Warcraft had flying mounts. Walking for 1-40 was horrible. And even when you got your new mount, you'd eventually get camped by level 60 horde. CAMPING IS NOT WORLD PVP. So, flying made us more safer

Well, you still can't fly under level 60, so not much difference there.

Matter of fact, anyone under 60 can't fly, but the lvl 60 plus gankers can, ouch.