returning to the game but struggling to hit 90

General
Hey there,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forums but i am an old player who is returning to WoW after i quit just before MoP came out. I have come back but i have hit a brick wall with leveling to 90, to be honest i cant be bothered, its just so boring. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how i could get to 90 the quickest way possible while still enjoying my time playing. I really do want to get back into the game and also i was wondering, like everyone has been saying, is WoW a dieing game?

Thanks all
Download and use the Wow Pro levelling guide:

www.wow-pro.com

No one can make you 'enjoy' levelling, the best tip I could give, is if you feel like a particular area is boring you, try moving somewhere else. Maybe listen to a radio show or some music when playing.

Alternatively, don't do it if you don't enjoy it. That's why I have 'quit' and came back, multiple times, I really have to be in the right frame of mind to enjoy this game. @:)
If you're not enjoying it, then maybe you're not ready to come back yet?

I can see you're level 85, levelling in Pandaria is probably the 'best' place to level at this point in time because of the scenery, the story, and you're not completely imba against all the mobs. So if you're not enjoying that, I don't have high hopes I'm afraid.
Hey there,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forums but i am an old player who is returning to WoW after i quit just before MoP came out. I have come back but i have hit a brick wall with leveling to 90, to be honest i cant be bothered, its just so boring. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how i could get to 90 the quickest way possible while still enjoying my time playing. I really do want to get back into the game and also i was wondering, like everyone has been saying, is WoW a dieing game?

Thanks all

I personally think that MoP questing is a great experience, try stop thinking about the levelling process and focus on what's around you and read quests etc, you're missing out.
Some of the quests are really good, I particularly like punting marmots. The best suggestion I have is to move areas as soon as you gain a level.

Warcraft has lost subscribers but it's a long long way off dying. It's still the most popular by a factor of 10.
As far as I know, "Monkey runs" are the fastest way from 85 to around 89. At least they used to be.

Monkey runs are specific queuing for Stormstout Brewery with a premade group of 5, and only killing the monkey trash up until the first boss and then leaving and re-queuing.
As far as I know, "Monkey runs" are the fastest way from 85 to around 89. At least they used to be.

Monkey runs are specific queuing for Stormstout Brewery with a premade group of 5, and only killing the monkey trash up until the first boss and then leaving and re-queuing.

That sounds even more dull than doing some quests :/ I heard some people saying that the experience was nerfed to try and discourage it, but I don't know if it was accurate.

30/12/2013 11:32Posted by Jonno
I really do want to get back into the game and also i was wondering, like everyone has been saying, is WoW a dieing game?

I used to level lots of alts, but since Cataclysm I lost the will to. I don't think it has anything to do with the game in my case, it's just I've levelled too many and seen the place so many times that 'old stuff' is not fun anymore.

What I found helped with levelling in general was hiding the experience bar with an addon; ever since in every MMO and RPG I've played I've blatantly ignored the experience bar and that made it much better. Checking your progress via a number made levelling in all games much more stressful, seeing how far you have to go. It's a matter of perception, of course, but we're beings of perception :p
Farming on timeless isle can go 85-90 in a few hours I've heard
The later MoP levels can be a bit long - You'll usually be 86-87 by the time you clear Jade Forest and then you'll hit a chest long wall as the last three get increasingly slow to grind though.

I got immensively bored with my Rogue at 89 - Just couldn't take any more questing, so I did the one thing I've always hated. Dungeon leveling and mindless mob grinding - which finally got me to 90 in a days time.
Get a good bad of green is my advice, 88 on my rogue and 70 on my warlock atm then I have all classes at 90
The first level in MoP is really quick. I find the last one in MoP very slow in co Paris on. A lot of the quests are good fun. The first time round they are most enjoyable.

This is a quite decent way to do it.

I went from 83-90 in 13 hours.

Farmed the small worms at the start of the isle, along with doing dungeons for the quests, and when the isle was too crowded, I went back at questing.

The higher level you are, the more exp the mobs gives. :P
30/12/2013 15:28Posted by Kaíth

This is a quite decent way to do it.

I went from 83-90 in 13 hours.

Farmed the small worms at the start of the isle, along with doing dungeons for the quests, and when the isle was too crowded, I went back at questing.

The higher level you are, the more exp the mobs gives. :P

How did you get there? :s I don't understand... lol

I swam >.<
Honestly, I would just wait until I was in a chilled frame of mind, relax, forget about the goal of getting to 90, read and comprehend the storylines as you do the quests and just enjoy the journey.

If you can't do that, it might be better to just find another game/hobby you do enjoy, instead (and I don't mean that in a mean way, at all).

I've tried the whole trying to find shortcuts and grinding mobs thing and it may, or may not, save time; but, it definitely increases boredom, if that is all you do.

Oh and another thing is, if you find a zone you really like/questline you really enjoy, stick with it, because where you are and your immersion in the particular questline (or lack of it) can make a lot of difference to how you feel.
The later MoP levels can be a bit long - You'll usually be 86-87 by the time you clear Jade Forest and then you'll hit a chest long wall as the last three get increasingly slow to grind though.

I got immensively bored with my Rogue at 89 - Just couldn't take any more questing, so I did the one thing I've always hated. Dungeon leveling and mindless mob grinding - which finally got me to 90 in a days time.

The reason it seems to drag is the quest XP is nowhere near as high if you do an area you are too higher level for. ALWAYS move on when you ding unless you want to finish an area.

I swam >.<

It's better if you get a potion of water walking and ride.
It's better if you get a potion of water walking and ride.

I know, but there's hardly anything on my realms auction house >.<
Can barely purchase any upgrades for my hunter, and it's more or less full of the green vendor set:P
30/12/2013 15:37Posted by Kaíth

I swam >.<

I always use Water-Walking, be it by Class (including the 'mandatory' Nightmares Minor Glyph for Locks) or by Elixer (Elixer of Water Walking is a drop of from the Home City Fishing Dailies, not only will you end up with a pile of them if you those for some time, others too - making it an item that is often avilable at the AH for a pittance)

Just curious: did the worms et al drop any significant Gear ?

EDIT: beaten to it ;)
Nop - but managed to get about 5.5k coins by doing it :P

And the gold the dropped, covered any bills:p
Just curious: did the worms et al drop any significant Gear ?

I've had a few 88 greens drop, there are no 89 BoE greens and 90 greens area rare as hell and coins of course and once a timeless mail boots token.