Connected Realms Update - 23/01

General
Prev 1 19 20 21 28 Next
21/01/2014 13:38Posted by Mojodots
anyone of you have been to Neptulon's Horde? it is empty. few people active during peak hours!
a little bit offtopic but: if they connect realms, will I be able to play flex/raids with people from connected realm?

Yes. Flex, normal and HC raids work. You can also join guilds on realms connected with yours.
so when does connections usually happen? every reset or?
Can't believe noone has mentioned Bloodhoof here yet. I mean if you have to believe the horde side of trade chat, it's a "dead" server. According to realmpop it's a medium server with 19.520 horde vs 36492 alliance so...

And I know you'll keep us updated but it would be nice to know which servers are on the to do list. Not when they'll be done/with what other realm etc but just IF they are going to be connected.
I'm really interested in this cross-realm-guild thing but not sure whether I should pick a new realm at random or wait for all the realm connects to be done (or to see Bloodhoof pop up in the list).
Can't believe noone has mentioned Bloodhoof here yet. I mean if you have to believe the horde side of trade chat, it's a "dead" server. According to realmpop it's a medium server with 19.520 horde vs 36492 alliance so...

).

shut up
no one mentioned alot of realms but you don't see them crying Your server isn't anything special compared to other servers So wait like the rest of us
21/01/2014 20:16Posted by Khalf

shut up
no one mentioned alot of realms but you don't see them crying Your server isn't anything special compared to other servers So wait like the rest of us

Lol. Who's crying here? Learn to take a joke. I just posted that because the horde side always complains/jokes it's a dead server. (people make lvl1 chars to rant in trade about "why anyone is on this dead realm")

And the other thing was just a simple suggestion (of which I'm sure other people would like as well, to know if their realms are on the todo list or not)
19/01/2014 14:13Posted by Zorieke
[quote="90512230937"

FAQ
Q. My realm needs connecting, is it on your list?
A. All low and some medium population realms will be connected. They’ll all have a healthy population when we’re done. Don't worry, we're aware of the exact situation on each realm.

Not sure this has been asked b4 and cba brewsing through all the pages.. anyhow... It says ALL low and SOME medium, so that basicly means that not all medium servers like mine Nordrasill will be connected?
My server is quite dead.. =([/quote]

I do hope Nordrassil gets connected, Nordrassil is my main server (all chars horde side) and I can't believe how dead it feels. Not sure about Alliance side, but I can recall reading somewhere that it was much the same.
Bladefist been taken off the connection date again ?
Did Zenedar and Bladefist get connected?
not sure if this concept of connected realms is good for non raiders. at present timeless isle is bare of mobs and the number of players 1130 in the morning outnumbers the available mobs.
Well Raveholdt has been connected and we have gone from about ~3000 auctions Alliance side to 12000 so not too bad! There is only 6000 auctions horde side though, not sure how many there were previously.

There are actually people in Stormwind and it's nice to see people talking in chat too :)
22/01/2014 10:14Posted by Kralo

22/01/2014 10:37Posted by Chiaoo

Unfortunately it's been temporarily postponed. Haomarush and Dragonmaw was on the list too, and that's also been delayed. I'll let you know as soon as they're back on the schedule, sorry for the hold-up guys.
I'm assuming the Bloodfeather connecting has been delayed because of the imbalance between alliance/horde.
Any eta on when or if Alonsus will connected?
@Takralus: Even though delays are not nice, thank you for the update! <3

@Lumatar: While I would not call horde side overcreowded, things are a bit more lively (more chit chat in trade :) ) and AH has indeed improved, I have managed to sell a few smaller bags and other small items better than before. Overall, however, it is starting to look like Blizzard will have to throw Defias Brotherhood into the same melting pot, the four smaller RP-PvP realms just are not going to be really viable by themselves. :/ According to the data I gather, the horde side now corresponds to a very low end medium realm.

Looking at what I know about DB, I would say the addition would not cause any major problems. DB is by Blizzard classification a medium-high realm and the activity data I am looking at suggests that even at prime time the 5-way combination would not suffer from overcrowding and faction balance might further improve as the 4-way seems to slightly favour alliance while DB has a slight horde bias.
Will we have separate forums still or will they be merged?
@Takralus: Even though delays are not nice, thank you for the update! <3

@Lumatar: While I would not call horde side overcreowded, things are a bit more lively (more chit chat in trade :) ) and AH has indeed improved, I have managed to sell a few smaller bags and other small items better than before. Overall, however, it is starting to look like Blizzard will have to throw Defias Brotherhood into the same melting pot, the four smaller RP-PvP realms just are not going to be really viable by themselves. :/ According to the data I gather, the horde side now corresponds to a very low end medium realm.

Looking at what I know about DB, I would say the addition would not cause any major problems. DB is by Blizzard classification a medium-high realm and the activity data I am looking at suggests that even at prime time the 5-way combination would not suffer from overcrowding and faction balance might further improve as the 4-way seems to slightly favour alliance while DB has a slight horde bias.

Danger: Conjecture ahead ;)

I would like to think we could get connected to DB, but I'm not going to get my hopes up* until we hear murmurings from within Blizzard. I suppose one issue is that populations may be low across the board at the moment and when WoD gets released there will be a spike. Even after WoD releases the population may level off at a higher point than it currently is.

It's good to hear that Horde side is more enjoyable now though! :)

*I'll just secretly cross my fingers.

22/01/2014 13:17Posted by Warzoidd
Will we have separate forums still or will they be merged?

Little has been said about this yet. I'm hoping that it happens though, community was one of the big things with Ravenholdt back in the day and it would be nice if the connected realms had shared forums to help form a good community.
I know you get alot of this but as the last 25 man raid guild on Earthen Ring we are having troubles recruiting, please connect us somewhere :)
22/01/2014 12:40Posted by Takralus
Unfortunately it's been temporarily postponed. Haomarush and Dragonmaw was on the list too, and that's also been delayed. I'll let you know as soon as they're back on the schedule, sorry for the hold-up guys.

Any reason as to why?

This is the second or third time the Haomarush/Dragonmaw merge has been put off and it's getting a bit boring now. It's like hearing Ronnie O'Sullivan is retiring from Snooker for the nth time, or that Wayne Rooney wants to leave Man Utd again. /yawn
What mess... why not simply lock the dead realms and give free char mig for 3 months or so before permanently closing em.
22/01/2014 12:40Posted by Takralus

Don't worry , we know where the priorities lay, making a flying raven lord is more important than putting the MMO into MMORPG on some realms.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152107586454034&set=a.10150277767579034.343653.138011799033&type=1&stream_ref=10