A conspiracy theory about Anduin.

Story
1 2 3 12 Next
I have a theory. Please keep in mind that this is just a theory, and has nothing backing it up. Varian is killed in WOD, and Jaina becomes the new lord regent of Stormwind. As she is crazy, she will begin warring with the Horde again. Anduin will not like this, and he will stop being such a pansy. He will learn the ways of the paladin from a returned Turalyon/Tirion, and obtain the Ashbringer, the sword forged from light that Velen saw in his vision. I don't know what will happen to Jaina though.
Jaina is not crazy.
He isn't going to kill Tirion Fordring to obtain the Ashbringer and Tirion isn't just going to give it to Anduin.... I also really hope they don't kill off Tirion, he's one of my favorite characters.
Korae, Jaina really has snapped in MOP.
She ain't crazy, would also destroy alliance having depth if they make jaina go overboard and just become a raidboss. Means alliance can only be lawfull stupid it would completly anihilate alliance story
Metzen has said in an interview he wants Anduin to become king one day.

He is going to become a Paladin and lead the army of light at some point.

That is about it really.

No..she hasn't.

People think she's "snapped" because they think it's impossible for a character to stop wanting peace.

Jain's not 'snapped'. She's just had her attempts to create bridges burnt by the horde so many times that she - quite reasonably - realises that it's not worth the deaths caused by trying to rehabiliate them anymore.

"wanting to destroy the horde" isn't crazy at this point.

The crazy? That's the "The Horde is really wonderful!" line put foward by Anduin. A viewpoint that is critically at odds with reality is not the sane viewpoint.

It's actually LESS sane to spare the horde than it is to destroy it. Vol'jin as warchief mitigates this a bit - there's no evidence to say how a troll warchief will act. But the horde has now been given it's third chance to rebuild. Both times before, it has had a chance to rebuild and it's launched a war.

So..no. Jaina's not snapped. She's just the only character that's had actual character progression. She's spent TWENTY YEARS working for peace, and it being shat on by the orcs.

It is not crazy to give up working for it after that long. (How many people on this forum have been working towards a specific thing with zero success for two decades of their lives?)

No she hasn't. If you want to read why go look up one of the billions of threads on the subject.

Naw not crazy.. she's just become a realist.

And being betrayed is no reason to get angry?
Jaina has always supported the Horde, always tried to tell the other members of the Alliance that the Horde was good, that peace could exist between them.
And how does the honorless Horde pay her?
They bomb her city, and kill alot of alliance warroirs, including her new apprentice.
And even after that, she tries again to make peace and what happend, she is betrayed once again. I don't know about you, but I'd say that's more then enough reason to be angry.

Jaina is not crazy, she is just a little angry at the Horde, and doesn't trust them anymore.

Anyway, OP, If Varian was to die, Anduin would become the King, not Jaina, she has no legitimate right to it, in fact, Jaina is the princess of Kul Tiras so unless she has no other family members, she is the one to rule Kul Tiras.
I agree that the only way to cure Anduin of his idiotic idealism is to somehow remove Varian and his authority from the picture, and let Jaina and Anduin fight it out for control of the Alliance.

Will Anduin exert the divine right of kings and attempt to preserve his vision of peace? Or will he be the bigger man and cede control to Jaina, recognising that she has more experience of ruling a kingdom, and accept the consequences of Jaina's more aggressive policies?

And what of the other Alliance races? Who would they choose to follow in this situation? Unlike with Garrosh, who was pretty much disliked by all of the other horde faction leaders, as far as I can tell Anduin and Jaina are both fairly well-regarded by the rest of the Alliance leadership.

I think it could be a potentially interesting situation for the Alliance; more interesting than the horde civil war if I may say so; everyone could see where Garrosh was taking the horde and what it would lead to, we just didn't know just how far Garrosh was willing to go.
Except she didn't just gradually change her mind over a period of time, she snapped, she changed all her perceptions and her behaviour became erratic due to a dramatic event in her life making her not act her normal self - sounds pretty crazy.
Jaina had all her ideals crushed, which made her angry but not crazy.

She clearly doesn't trust the Horde anymore, she was the one who always wanted peace and now she knows this can never really happen her father was right!

One day she has to go back to Kul Tiras and face up to all that.

Anduin is not ready to be King yet and yes his destiny seems to be to lead the army of light...someday.Quite a few expansions to go before we get anywhere near this I suspect.

Turalyon would be an excellent choice to mentor him, but I can't really see Varian being killed off just yet.

However those Wrynns don't have much luck staying on the throne for too long do they? :)
I know this will be a hard thing to understand for some people but
not liking the horde =/= being crazy

the only story I want for Anduin is him falling off a very high bridge
er, i thought she was hellbent on vengeance?
Except she didn't just gradually change her mind over a period of time, she snapped, she changed all her perceptions and her behaviour became erratic due to a dramatic event in her life making her not act her normal self - sounds pretty crazy.

Except..she totally did.

Theremore occured...she went to attack Orgrimaar and backed down./

And then...she ran Dalaran...as a neutral country, wherein she explcitly holds out hope that the Sunreavers and Covenant can be an example.

And then the Sunreavers betray her as well.

It's not one event. It's multiple.

Incidentally, dramatic life changing event changing your life? That's actually not crazy, it's sane. Road-To-Damascus events aren't just religious conversions. It's actually about the only way deep rooted beliefs EVER change.
er, i thought she was hellbent on vengeance?

IF she was, then she wouldn't be talking about 'dismantling' the horde, she'd be talking about obliterating it.

If she was, then her dragon boyfriend wouldn't have been able to talk her out of destroying Orgrimaar.

If she was, then she wouldn't have attempted to be an example of peace AGAIN after Theremore (She did).
Except..she totally did.

Theremore occured...she went to attack Orgrimaar and backed down./

And then...she ran Dalaran...as a neutral country, wherein she explcitly holds out hope that the Sunreavers and Covenant can be an example.

And then the Sunreavers betray her as well.

It's not one event. It's multiple.

Incidentally, dramatic life changing event changing your life? That's actually not crazy, it's sane. Road-To-Damascus events aren't just religious conversions. It's actually about the only way deep rooted beliefs EVER change.

She went from Jaina who was friendly to the likes of the tauren messenger sent to her about the news of Theramore, to a Jaina who would've killed every man, woman and child in Orgrimmar in a short space of time, normal people don't do that.

And if it weren't for Thrall and Kalegos she would've destroyed Orgrimmar, she actually tried it when Thrall was standing there and it took Kalecgos to finally stop her, after all she and Thrall had built up together and she was about to kill hundreds of innocent citizens in front of him, that's not Jaina acting herself, that's Jaina acting crazy.

Yes we see that cute little scene in which Jaina hopes Dalaran can be the hope for the world and then she acts against all of the Sunreavers, without even some sort of investigation to see if the actions of few spoke for all of them, forcing them out of a city which was as much theirs as hers and throwing others in jail for a crime someone else committed.
She went from Jaina who was friendly to the likes of the tauren messenger sent to her about the news of Theramore, to a Jaina who would've killed every man, woman and child in Orgrimmar in a short space of time, normal people don't do that.

Yes...they do. If they are faced with a life-changing event, they really, really do.

Orouge...just accept that you are wrong, otherwise this is going to become ANOTHER 25 page argument where rational people (and me) try and persuade someone irrationally arguing that Jaina is crazy.

She isn't. (or..isn't behaving it. I don't put it past Blizzard to declare "Opposing the horde means insane, she's lolmad). Accept it. Move on.
Yes...they do. If they are faced with a life-changing event, they really, really do.

Insane - in a state of mind which prevents normal perception, behaviour, or social interaction; seriously mentally ill.

She totally she changes her perception of the Horde, she becomes hateful and angry and tries to destroy an entire city... sounds about right. Plus that's like saying Malygos was never crazy or Deathwing was never crazy, they just had "a life-changing event".