Where do death knight lore go from here?

Story
I mean, the Arthas has been dead for awhile now so the Ebon Blade doesn't really have a purpose anylonger. I know that they're supposed to "keep an eye on Sylvanas" alongside the Argent Crusade ( a possible story for the future?).

But where can we take the death knight story from here? Do we make Bolvar come back and go crazy again with Scourge 2.0? Do we make him come back as an ally?

I have no idea, I want the death knight story to progress but I cannot come up with a scenario that would work without sounding forced or contrived. What are your suggestions (if you even have any) for the story to move forward. Would love to hear your suggestions.
Well there IS a Dwarf DK in Pandaria so i that the DK's are helping their own faction and some of them are cleaning the mess in the Plaguelands
It's already difficult for Blizzard to cover the lore for ALL the playable races.. so just think about the factions that are not playable like the Ebon Blade.. they must wait even longer :P

but i guess we will have to wait just for the Forsaken or Bolvar to go Scourge 2.0. ... and then the Ebon Blade will return once again...
Scourge 2: Electric bugaloo.
Why would the Death Knights have any specific lore anymore? They furfilled their goal and afterwards they all (re-)joined their respective factions or probably in some cases, the Argent Crusade.

Hell, some Death Knights took up military functions in the Forsaken/Alliance military (Koltira and Thaurissan).
Thaurissan

You mean Thassarian.

Mad Dark Iron Emperors arn't known for being undead monstrososities who help the Alliance.
Yea, what ever.

Their both dead anyway xD
Why would the Death Knights have any specific lore anymore? They furfilled their goal and afterwards they all (re-)joined their respective factions or probably in some cases, the Argent Crusade.

Hell, some Death Knights took up military functions in the Forsaken/Alliance military (Koltira and Thaurissan).

Pretty much.

I expect the only time we'll see anymore Death Knight specific lore is if the Ebon Blade move on Sylvanas. Until then? Nadda. They'll just be another class.
With the Horde and Alliance now at peace (for now) I can see the Death Knights taking on a more mercenary role.

I doubt money will interest them much, but maybe if your cause is worthy enough or it presents enough glory to them they might listen to offers?

Unlike the Forsaken, Death Knights have no interest in building a society.For most I suspect death in a noble or glorious way will do.

I am also expecting Koltira to be the totally brainwashed General of the Forsaken army.Enough to get the Ebon Blade involved?Lets hope so!
You will get some Death Knight lore next expansion in the form of Teron Gorefiend. Not the slaughtering of the Forsaken.
12/01/2014 23:19Posted by Laceon
You will get some Death Knight lore next expansion in the form of Teron Gorefiend.

Why? Teron Gore won't be even Death Knight when we arrive in Draenor. Even if he was a Death Knight, he has no relation to Ner'zhul's Army. - It has been confirmed that Teron Gore and Gul'dan, with their connection to Legion, will be in Draenor and will play an important part. But I don't see any kind of Death Knight specific Storytelling at that point. - Unless such thing has been confirmed and in that case I don't know the details.

I also don't see Death Knights of Acherus supporting Horde and Alliance in Draenor, like they didn't in Pandaria.
Why? Teron Gore won't be even Death Knight when we arrive in Draenor. Even if he was a Death Knight, he has no relation to Ner'zhul's Army. - It has been confirmed that Teron Gore and Gul'dan, with their connection to Legion, will be in Draenor and will play an important part. But I don't see any kind of Death Knight specific Storytelling at that point. - Unless such thing has been confirmed and in that case I don't know the details.

If you would look up on Teron Gorefiend, you would see that his title is: First of the Death Knights. And I think that many people think First of the Death Knights when they hear the name of Teron Gorefiend. I think if they are going to bring Teron Gorefiend into WoD (while saying he has an important part in the story) that we are going to see some Death Knight lore.

To even bring up Teron Gorefiend and not even showing any signs of DKism would just be pointless. They might aswell take Garrosh and don't even mention anything about war or orcs.

-And this isn't confirmed by Blizzard.
I think if they are going to bring Teron Gorefiend into WoD (while saying he has an important part in the story) that we are going to see some Death Knight lore.

I'm skeptical about it. Because as I've watched the Lore Panel Q&A, they've specifically mentioned him with his name before he became a Death Knight. - which is Teron Gore. But, for a second thought, if they have plans with some kind of Legion plot twist, since Gul'dan is going to play a major role and he's already a Green Orc; It might lead us to a change of plot where an Alternative Timeline of Death Knights. Maybe Gul'dan will try to do what he did in Azeroth and place Teron Gore into someone similar to original Stormwind Rider, but with a lot more Demonic Abracadabra.

But, again, it wouldn't be a step forward from the current state of Knights of Acherus. - Unless they take a quick look at current events in Eastern Kingdoms.
meh. Slyvanas might try leading them. i hope not
meh. Slyvanas might try leading them. i hope not

Yeah, because they are such good and loyal commanders aren't they?
You will get some Death Knight lore next expansion in the form of Teron Gorefiend. Not the slaughtering of the Forsaken.

Ner'zul is a more likely candidate, being the future Lich King and all.

Teron Gorefiend's Death Knights really don't have anything in common with the Second/Third Generation outside of the title and the ability to raise the dead.