[Recruit-a-Friend] Common Issues & Questions

Customer Support
1 2 3 49 Next
This thread is intended as a guide to help you troubleshoot the most commonly reported issues with RAF and explain how / when rewards can be claimed.

Please make sure to check this thread thoroughly before opening a new thread or indeed posting questions you may have here in this thread.

• Common Issues such as accounts not appearing linked & experience gain seeming incorrect
  • http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9256846020?page=1#2

• Reward System
  • http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9256846020?page=1#3
    Common Issues

Q. Our accounts don’t appear to be linked correctly, what can I do?
    A. There are many reasons this may appear so, but firstly it is vital that you check a couple of things to see if the accounts are linked or not.

To perform this test, you must be on the same realm and faction and you must both be under level 90.

The easiest test to see if you are linked is to join with your RAF partner in a party. Right click their player frame and see if you are able to use “Summon Friend”. If you can summon, then you are linked. See the next question below for a possible reason why you think you may not be correctly linked.
    If you do not have the option to Summon Friend then the first thing you should try is for BOTH of you to fully exit the game client and re-launch. A simple log out is not enough, a full game exit is required.

If after exiting the game and logging back in you still do not have the option to Summon Friend then the RECRUITED player should use the link below to contact support directly. The link has been preselected with the correct support options for this issue where they will then have the option to Submit a Ticket, Live Chat or Request a Callback (Phone). Live Chat is usually the quickest but please note that Live Chat and Callback are only available during certain hours. The Support team will then take a look and rectify the link for you.

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/197/951

Q. Ok, This is weird, I can summon my friend but the amount of experience we are getting does not seem right! It’s supposed to be triple exp!!
    A. If you are able to Summon Friend, then you are linked so all is working as it should be. Players often forget that experience gain whilst in a party is always split between the players. In order to explain a little clearer, it is easiest by using an example :-

• You are not in a Party (Solo) and you kill a boar. The game awards you 100xp.
  • You are in a standard party (without RAF) and you kill the same boar. The game awards 100xp which is split between both players, so that earns you 50xp each.
  • You are in an RAF Party and kill the same boar. The game awards 300xp (100 x 3) which is split between both players, so that earns you 150xp each.

Q. How many grantable levels do I have left?
    A. There is no visual indicator to tell you this currently, sadly it is something you will need to work out. For every two levels the recruited partner gains, they can grant one level back to the recruiter providing the character is on the same realm & faction and is of lower level than the person granting levels.
    Rewards – When & How

Q. Dude! Where’s my mount/free game time?
    A. This is by far the most popular question and likely has the longest answer as it depends on a couple of factors. I will explain each scenario below.

Firstly and most importantly, the free game time and the mount are triggered only by actual payments of game time by the recruited player. So there are two scenarios to explain, Players that use a subscription payment and Players that use prepaid game time.

The second important thing to remember is that with the new RAF system, it takes 8 days from any game time being paid before the rewards are made available to the recruiter.

• Scenario 1 – Where the recruited player has signed up to a subscription.
  • As stated earlier, the rewards for RAF are triggered by actual payments of game time, so with a subscription game time is not paid for by the player until their own 30 days free that they get for being a new account has expired. For example:-

On 1st Jan the recruited player upgrades to a full account and signs up to a subscription. He immediately gets 30 days free game time.

Then on 31st Jan, his first subscription is taken. This will trigger the first reward of game time for the recruiter if it is a 30 day subscription that the recruited player signed up to. If the player signed up to a higher period subscription of 90 or 180 days then both the game time and the mount awards will be triggered. Keep in mind however, it takes 8 days from any game time being paid before the rewards are made available to the recruiter.

• Scenario 2 – Where the recruited player has added prepaid game time from the store or a prepaid game time card from a high street retailer.
  • Prepaid game time is the quickest way to obtain the rewards. This game time is added immediately and adds onto the end of the free time that the recruited player gets from upgrading to a full account. So, this being said, as it takes up to 8 days from any game time being paid before the rewards are made available to the recruiter, you should get your rewards 8 days from when they add the prepaid game time. 30 days game time will trigger the recruiter’s free month and the second 30 days (making a total of 60 days) will trigger the mount/pet. NOTE: Wow Game Time Tokens DO COUNT towards paid game time

Q. How do I claim my free game time?
    The free game time does not require to be claimed, it will be added to your account immediately. If you have any game time active, the free time will be activated once your current game time ends and any subscription you have set up will be deferred until the free period has expired.

You can see if it has been added for you here:-
    https://eu.battle.net/account/management/wow/subscription/payment-history.html

Q. How do I claim my mount / pet?
    1. Log in to World of Warcraft. If you’re eligible to claim a mount or pet, you’ll see a notification that you’ve earned a Recruit A Friend Reward.
    2. Open your Friends List and click the Recruit A Friend button in the upper-right corner.
    3. Choose one mount or pet and click Claim Reward to have the pet or mount item delivered to your bags. If your bags are full, the item will be sent to your in-game mailbox.

***Please Note as of 6.0.2 many players have had issues finding their claimed mount. If you cannot find it in your bags or in the mount interface, please check your bank as many players have found it there.***
    <Reserved for future use / changelog>

• Added "How many grantable levels do I have left?"
  • Corrected link for accounts not correctly linked
  • Added note regarding the mount appearing in player's banks after claiming
  • Added confirmation that WoW Game Time Tokens DO COUNT towards paid game time
  • Corrected support link for rectifying accounts that are not linked correctly as the ticket system has changed
  • Thread updated as it is now 8 days from payment before rewards are available, up from 7 days
  • I have an issue with the RaF system, me and my girlfriend have been doing it for 2 days now, both our characters level 63, she has a real account, but we cant grant eachother levels, nor do I get my extra month gametime + mount since she activated a gamecard... Someone, please help me?
    10/01/2014 19:13Posted by Lyczor
    I have an issue with the RaF system, me and my girlfriend have been doing it for 2 days now, both our characters level 63, she has a real account, but we cant grant eachother levels, nor do I get my extra month gametime + mount since she activated a gamecard... Someone, please help me?

Only the recruited player can grant levels and they can only grant levels to a character that is lower than they are. She can for example grant levels to a new level 1 character that you can create.

As for the rewards, did you read the information in post 3?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9256846020#3
    Have ALL my likes Shammoz <3
    Nice thread!
    Serving special 'RAF' soup here!

(Nice thread btw Shammoz!)
    Awesome thread, just one quick addition to the summoning test to see if you are linked.

The characters need to be on the same realm and faction and the player being summoned needs to be under 85.

Shamelessly taken from https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/using-recruit-a-friend-ingame-rewards
    Awesome thread, just one quick addition to the summoning test to see if you are linked.

The characters need to be on the same realm and faction and the player being summoned needs to be under 85.

Shamelessly taken from https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/using-recruit-a-friend-ingame-rewards

Edited in, thanks.
    I foresee many links coming this way in future. Bookmark'd

Top guide, Shammoz.
    I foresee many links coming this way in future. Bookmark'd

Top guide, Shammoz.

Fanks! I am adding in more as deemed necessary. Just added in a bit about "How many grantable levels do I have" as it is asked a lot and there is no indicator in the UI as yet.
    Good idea, requested for Sticky.

Unless they've changed it, perhaps pointing out that RaF only works with newly created Starter Accounts which then get upgraded might be helpful, too (even though I'd wish it was differently ;) )
    Good idea, requested for Sticky.

Unless they've changed it, perhaps pointing out that RaF only works with newly created Starter Accounts which then get upgraded might be helpful, too (even though I'd wish it was differently ;) )

They have actually changed it, as long as an account is less than 30 days old, you can still recruit it. However, this guide was really to stem the flow of all the queries this forum was receiving regarding specific queries, mostly the mounts/game time rather than covering the whole of RAF as there are two support articles for that. :)

Recruit A Friend Basics - Blizzard Support - https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/recruit-a-friend-basics

Using Recruit a Friend In-Game Rewards - Blizzard Support - https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/using-recruit-a-friend-ingame-rewards
    Very nice thread, thanks Shammoz :)

10/01/2014 19:03Posted by Shammoz
    The easiest test to see if you are linked is to join with your RAF partner in a party. Right click their player frame and see if you are able to use “Summon Friend”. If you can summon, then you are linked.

If the button doesn't appear, that might just be an AddOn mucking about. :P

Very nice thread! TIL sticky threads don't have a Request Sticky button... *innocent face*
    I recruited a friend and he added a 60 days gamecard exactly one week ago. I can see my 30 days of free game time in my account history, but I have not received any mount yet.
    Do i need to wait until the 30 days pass until i get my mount?

Edit: When I logged into the game after writing this post i got the mount. Problem solved.
    10/01/2014 19:04Posted by Shammoz
    The second important thing to remember is that with the new RAF system, it takes up to 7 days from any game time being paid before the rewards are made available to the recruiter

Is there an actual way to see this?

What I mean is that I Grouped with my referal on Friday around noon and was able to Summon said Friend to Shattrath - so figured the Link should have been established.

However, despite having paid by Time Card, my referring Account neither shows the free month (which is a tad annoying, considering it ends at Sunday, and major mailbox cleaning isn't exactly fun) or - perhaps even more worrying - no signs of Linkage under Referrals & Promotions.

Did the alteration in the system remove the abillity to see wether & for how long the Accounts are Linked?

And why does it take significantly longer for Time Cards then before (used to be basically instant), have things become less automated :?

From my PoV, I so far don't see improvements compared to the purely outside-game procedure from before.
    However, despite having paid by Time Card, my referring Account neither shows the free month (which is a tad annoying, considering it ends at Sunday, and major mailbox cleaning isn't exactly fun) or - perhaps even more worrying - no signs of Linkage under Referrals & Promotions.

Referals & Promotions don't show anything RAF anymore, only the in game UI has any indications such as summon friend etc.

I did make some suggestions to Blizzard stating that the UI needs to show more, number of days remaining, how many grantable levels are left etc etc and it seemed to be assumed a good idea, when or if it will come I cant say.

When did your friend add the time card?

The 7 day wait was added due to many exploiting the previous scheme. Time cards can be bought with stolen cards or chargebacks issued, so the 7 days is to ensure that the payment goes through and is not challenged by the payer or the bank within the bank time limit. Sadly, some nefarious individuals means we cant have the nice things.