Separate guild currency

General
Instead of having guild gold which stockpiles and really only one person leeches out of it, the guild master, there could be a new type of currency introduced, like "guild resources". What the current system does is allow for people to create guilds and milk the guild bank thoroughly, not really making it "guild gold" but GM's gold. Repairs should also use something more interesting, for example some form of cloth for cloth gear users, leather for leather users etc. And that should be relatively easy to farm whether you are a pvp'er or a pve'er.
Selling guilds is another thing that strives on WoW's black market, because of the potential profit of owning a lvl 25 guild with 100+ active members.
Not only would this limit the black market deals but also make for a better overall experience.
Here is a better idea remove the money cut perk all problems solved.
I like the idea of having additional "resources" to gather and spend for your guild and guildies.

However, if you're unhappy with the way resources are divided in your current guild, you should take it up with the Guild Master and/or Officers. I don't see an issue with having some form of money income for your guild (although I think, and I have voiced this over and over before, that the current one is flawed beyond belief.), simply because I chose that everyone in my guild have(had) free repairs, and I did that to try and give something back to the players actually being active in the guild.

Now, the reason I wrote "had", is because my guild is dead right now due to inactivity from me and my officers, but back when it was striving, I actually had to limit the amount that people could repair for, simply because people abused it, and I had to shove in thousand upon thousands of gold to be able to keep the "free repair" going. Eventually, I had to remove free repair completely for specific ranks.

Now, I don't know how it is in your guild, but if your GM is taking all the gold for himself, I would say, find a new guild, unless you're happy with the social aspect of your current one of course. But the case might be, that you don't get any "extra perks", in the form of free repair or access to the guild bank, simply because you are not contributing to the wealth of the guild yourself. Yes, you could say that you contribute via "Money Flow", but you can't imagine how small a portion you actually generate. I am not saying that hundreds and hundreds of active players won't generate a massive amount of gold per the hour, but to give something back to each individual player is simply not viable, due to the low amount each generate on his lonesome.

So, I'm not saying that they should increase the amount that is generated, not by a long shot. By all means, lower it, restrict it to only generate gold from players being Exalted or has been in the guild for a specific amount of time, but don't remove it. Rework it.

Yes, I have formerly spoken against the Money Flow perk, simply because it is the sole cause for the "Money Milking" guilds being made/sold, and the sole reason for the Guild Recruitment addons ever being made - That is what I'm annoyed about, not the perk itself, it's great for giving a little back to the guild members, or at least, the active ones, trusted ones, generous ones. (i.e. not the leechers.)

In my honest opinion, they should rework the perk (heh..) to only generate gold from Exalted players. That would diminish the gold generated by the money milking guilds by a lot, simply because people would tend to find an actual social guild before hitting Exalted with their current.

They should also make more Guild options for the Guild Master to control. For example, I would love an option which allowed me to let guild members repair for 60% of the amount of gold they have generated to the guild through perks. That way, I wouldn't have to keep a strict ruleset on who actually gets the free repairs, and I wouldn't have to throw a lot of my own money into the guild in order to keep the "extra perk" going, and with 60%, there would still be leftovers for giveaways, competitions and raid consumables.

Lastly, I have to clarify, that your idea sounds interesting, and making new ways for guild members to work together with their guild in order to achieve more wealth to the individual person is great, but removing the Money Flow perk is not necessarily the answer, but it has to be reworked, quite a lot.
You know, I am a Guild Master and I can never remember ever 'leeching' money from my Guild.. all members have free repairs and all the money stays where it belongs. We are a small Guild so I even top the money up from my own reserves.

I grow tired of most people saying that Guild masters only have guilds so they can log on and remove money.
29/01/2014 13:55Posted by Crówbané
I grow tired of most people saying that Guild masters only have guilds so they can log on and remove money.

I don't think he meant that all Guild Masters are taking the money for themselves, but you can't deny the fact that there are A LOT of guilds out there where that is exactly the case.
29/01/2014 13:59Posted by Retarjoe
29/01/2014 13:55Posted by Crówbané

I don't think he meant that all Guild Masters are taking the money for themselves, but you can't deny the fact that there are A LOT of guilds out there where that is exactly the case.

I've seen that myself. Some "social" guilds without guild repairs on only see their GM log on purely to get gold out of the bank and kick players who's been offline for a week or two.
I can see where the point of leeching can be seen and have witnessed it first hand, personally I too own a guild and have never leeched, we do Mass invite but only because we aim to help new players.
Those who complain to us for the invite we do apologize to and inform them we only do it to help people who would like to learn more from the game.

In Cata the guild was ran by myself and two of my mates, we all had complete control and worked together to do this(now only ran my 2 of us) the third I caught leeching Gold out the bank once and name and shamed him on the message of the day until he re payed the gold (his excuse was that he wanted a trinket)

What i am basically trying to say is that not all mass invite guilds are after the gold and we do actually run a weekly lottery where the most active player of the week gets a percentage of the gold as a reward (me and the other officer are never on enough to get this, which is why we do it)

As for the idea of a "guild Currency" I can see how this would pay off but sometimes the Gold can help the guild more, maybe if they do (in the far future) introduce guild garrisons the guild currency would be a great idea, but the whole restricting cash flow would be better at this present time.
26/01/2014 16:17Posted by Acemcpainz
Instead of having guild gold which stockpiles and really only one person leeches out of it, the guild master

Why would you join a guild where the guild bank gold is reserved for the Guild Moderator?

29/01/2014 12:48Posted by Retarjoe
However, if you're unhappy with the way resources are divided in your current guild, you should take it up with the Guild Master and/or Officers.

I definitely agree. I'm not sure how a guild run as a means of giving extra income or perks to the guild moderator could be successful. I certainly would not want to join one. I could understand limiting [but not eliminating] guild bank access for "probationary" guild members, until they are as trusted as every other guild member [and not possibly simply joining to loot the guild bank and quitting], but that's not really the same thing. Retarjoe has it - if your guild moderator is the one with access to the guild's resources, and not the guild members... find another guild.
Why do you have to make a 2nd thread about this in just a matter of days? http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9413671982#1