The future of the Forsaken

Story
1 2 3 9 Next
If world peace is ever going to be achieved (Burning legion destoryed/Sargeras vanquished) where does the forsaken fit into this "new world". It's not like the Alliance is going to allow them to still inhabit Lordaeron after all that has happened. And the Forsaken is not the nicest of people either so will they be viewed as evil?

If the horde is ever going to have a friendly relationship with the alliance we can safely say that the forsaken has to get booted out of the horde because I can't imagine ANY alliance race except maybe the Draenei that would be willing to be on friendly terms (and maybe even establish trade) with the forsaken. The Humans, Dwarves and gnomes hate us, The Night Elves sees us as an abomination against nature (and rightfully so) and the worgen, well I dont think I even need to explain that one.

So what will need to happen? Do we turn the forsaken evil? Cure them? I honestly have no idea, I know that the Tauren are working on a cure, but as far as I know they haven't made any progress since vanilla.

What do you think? I'd love to hear!
ACTUALLY, of all the races, I think the Gnomes might be the friendliest towards the Forsaken, not the Draenei (who really should see the Forsaken as a abomination against the Light and what it stands for), however, if there is ever going to be world peace, I don't think the majority of the Forsaken faction will see it, because by that time they'll be long destroyed(with the exception of a few, such as the undead Forsaken in the Argent Crusade).
05/02/2014 17:44Posted by Thurang
I know that the Tauren are working on a cure, but as far as I know they haven't made any progress since vanilla.

The Tauren might have been working on a cure, but Forsaken in general have shown little desire to return to being humans. After all, undeath leads to more negative emotions being brought to the surface (hate, anger, cruelty, despair, etc) while making more positive emotions (hope, happiness, etc) are lessened to a significant degree.

Most Forsaken are resigned to their new state of being, and some of them actually view it as an upgrade over life itself.

And, quite frankly, due their recent atrocious behavior following the Cataclysm, I think that the Tauren enthusiasm of helping the undead has lessened somewhat.
05/02/2014 18:44Posted by Feranos
05/02/2014 17:44Posted by Thurang
I know that the Tauren are working on a cure, but as far as I know they haven't made any progress since vanilla.

The Tauren might have been working on a cure, but Forsaken in general have shown little desire to return to being humans. After all, undeath leads to more negative emotions being brought to the surface (hate, anger, cruelty, despair, etc) while making more positive emotions (hope, happiness, etc) are lessened to a significant degree.

Most Forsaken are resigned to their new state of being, and some of them actually view it as an upgrade over life itself.

And, quite frankly, due their recent atrocious behavior following the Cataclysm, I think that the Tauren enthusiasm of helping the undead has lessened somewhat.

Yes, the reverence of Windrunner freeing them has also developed into a cult.
First Sylvanas must brainwash Koltira and try to take over the world using the plague. Tirion tries to stop her and is killed, but he manages to destroy the Val'kyrs with the Ashbringer, rendering Sylvanas unable to ressurect. Koltira attempts to lead some death knights to aid Sylvanas, but he is stopped by Thassarian who knocks some sense into him and makes him come back to his original self. Together they run to stop Sylvanas before she is able to unleash the plague on the world (by some means).

Darion arrives at the place Tirion died and sees the Ashbringer. Obi-Wan appears before him and reminds him of the prophecy that his father told him many years ago: how he would rise up to save Lordaeron (you can see it at Light's Hope Chapel). Darion picks up the Ashbringer and battles Sylvanas, killing her. Koltira then becomes the new leader of the Forsaken and decides to migrate from Lordaeron and let the humans restore their kingdom.

Throw in Calia somewehere and we got something that looks like a plot.
That's true.
After all of that has been taken care of, we'll have to exterminate the Forsaken Plague, restore the damaged 7 human kingdoms before we can finally have world peace.
I think the Forsaken could have a place in a world without the faction conflict. They'd just need to cease their campaigns which send forces into regions that were not explicitly part of the Kingdom of Lordaeron.

None of the still-standing human kingdoms have any claim to the lands that once made up the fallen kingdom. The only truly flourishing human kingdom is Stormwind (not including the enigmatic Kul Tiras or magocratic Dalaran) and their territory doesn't stretch anywhere near the northern continent of the Eastern Kingdoms. Khaz Modan stands between Stormwind and the collapsed kingdoms in the north.

The main groups who might have legitimate quarrel with a continued Forsaken presence in Lordaeron are the Wildhammer dwarves and the multi-racial resettlers of the Argent Crusade. If the Forsaken stop encroaching on Aerie Peak and continue to coexist with the Argents in the Plaguelands then everything should, in theory, be hunky-dory.

The scattered living remnants of the dead kingdoms of Stromgarde, Alterac and the likes will just have to settle for living somewhere in the lands of Stormwind or commit to the Argent Crusade. The Alliance doesn't have the resources or motivation to commit to a sustained campaign on the Lordaeron continent. It would take more time, manpower and supplies to rebuild the old kingdoms than I wager any of the Alliance nations are willing to give up.
05/02/2014 22:52Posted by Sahria
The scattered living remnants of the dead kingdoms of Stromgarde, Alterac and the likes will just have to settle for living somewhere in the lands of Stormwind or commit to the Argent Crusade. The Alliance doesn't have the resources or motivation to commit to a sustained campaign on the Lordaeron continent. It would take more time, manpower and supplies to rebuild the old kingdoms than I wager any of the Alliance nations are willing to give up.

prob is the kingsdoms aren`t dead (royal still lives, way to many survivors of some like gilneas/stromgarde if only danath would return that lazy bastard) the forsaken are aiming to convert the survivors and to take those lands aswell from dalaran, strom and gilneas. Although dalaran is gonna be hard so scrap that but strom/gilneas should be the border and ofc the forsaken must leave wildhammer lands. They can keep the alterac aka syndicate lands and tbh all of dalaran towns/ground in silverpine/hillsbrad is destroyed/blighted/plaqeud anyhow.

The graveyard south of andorhal (uther) should remain alliance or go to the argent crusade.
Realise that North Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Get over it. Leave us alone and then you can have peace.
Otherwise plague, plague, plague. Nothing is going to change.

'Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken! Death to the Scourge! And death to the living!
Now, all can see... this is the hour of the Forsaken.'
- Grand Apothecary Putress. <3.
In the pre-cata quests we met many questgivers who are just want to live a calm an peaceful undead life.

As I know the Cataclysm quests are all about plague, kill, kill, kill moar humenzzzz....
It seems like in the lore the old generation of Forsaken died out in the wars and currently the most of them are revived slaves of the Banshee Queen or the Val'kyr.

I didn't seen anywhere any Forsaken who showed any sign of disagree with Sylvanas so I have no idea who could lead the Forsaken back to their original ways.
06/02/2014 04:07Posted by Dieth
Leave us alone and then you can have peace.

It's hard to do that when the Forsaken attacks nearby kingdoms
Leave us alone and then you can have peace.

It's hard to do that when the Forsaken attacks nearby kingdoms

Kill all of the jedi. Then go and kill all of the separatist leaders. Then the war will stop and there will be peace. - Darth Sidious
Forsaken are going to own Lordaeron at least until Warcraft 4 or WoW 2, so there is not much to say about it. Even in the case Sylvanas would be removed from power, Forsaken will still exist in Lordaeron, just like Orgrimmar and the Orcs after SoO. However they won't leave the Horde and a lasting peace won't be achieved between the Horde and the Alliance during WoW's lifetime either.

Realise that North Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Get over it. Leave us alone and then you can have peace.

Not Quel'thalas though!
05/02/2014 19:25Posted by Orisus
Koltira attempts to lead some death knights to aid Sylvanas, but he is stopped by Thassarian who knocks some sense into him and makes him come back to his original self.

I'd rather see Thassarian die or get saved by Koltira, to be honest. Koltira is quite quickly becoming a parody that needs to be freed at almost every turn.

As for the forsaken, they have a pretty legitimate claim to Lordaeron. They do not, however, have a legitimate claim to the surrounding areas that they seek to corrupt and invade.
I think the Forsaken could have a place in a world without the faction conflict. They'd just need to cease their campaigns which send forces into regions that were not explicitly part of the Kingdom of Lordaeron.

Maybe, but aslong as they are producing the plague, they are a danger to everyone, wether they invade other countries or not.

Also, the problem is not so much that the Forsaken have Lordaeron, the problem is that they invade other Kingdoms and destroy villages of living Humans in Lordaeron for no other reason then to "expand" and aslong as they attack living Humans, the Alliance will wage war upon them.

None of the still-standing human kingdoms have any claim to the lands that once made up the fallen kingdom. The only truly flourishing human kingdom is Stormwind (not including the enigmatic Kul Tiras or magocratic Dalaran) and their territory doesn't stretch anywhere near the northern continent of the Eastern Kingdoms. Khaz Modan stands between Stormwind and the collapsed kingdoms in the north.

True, none of the remaining Kingdoms have a claim on Lordaeron, but neither do the Forsaken have a claim on lands belonging to Alterac, Gilneas, Dalaran and Stromgarde, yet they invade them and that seems fine by you.

The main groups who might have legitimate quarrel with a continued Forsaken presence in Lordaeron are the Wildhammer dwarves and the multi-racial resettlers of the Argent Crusade. If the Forsaken stop encroaching on Aerie Peak and continue to coexist with the Argents in the Plaguelands then everything should, in theory, be hunky-dory.

So Gilneas, Stromgarde and Dalaran should be fine with the Forsaken taking over their lands, raising their people and destroying their cities? You seem to forget that Stromgarde, Gilneas and Dalaran are Alliance Kingdoms and aslong as the Forsaken act hostile to them and invade their countries, they are declaring war upon the Alliance as a whole, including the Wildhammers, also the Forsaken can stop encroaching on Aerie Peak all they want, but if the Horde can't reign in the Revantusk Tribe (wich has been at war with Aerie Peak since Vanilla) then the Forsaken and Alliance will stay at war, since the Revantusk and Forsaken are allies in the Horde.

Or the scattered, dead, risen remnants of Lordaeron will just have to settle in living in their own Kingdom and leave foreign nations alone, why should Stromgarde (still an Alliance nation) have to commit to the Argent Crusade when they're an Alliance nation and the Forsaken and Horde as a whole has been beaten in the last war?

Also, lol at not having the resources to commit to a campaign in the north, are you freaking nuts? What do you think will happen when Stormwind, Dalaran, Stromgarde, Khaz Modan, Aerie Peak, Shadowforge City and Gilneas will march to the north to free Alliance lands from Forsaken control? You think Lordaeron and Quel'thalas have even a tiny bit of a chance? in the unlikely scenario Quel'thalas will even help Lordaeron, they'll be crushed underneath the military might of Azeroth's sole superpower.

Also, Stormwind and Khaz Modan could very well help rebuild Stromgarde, since it was those nations that also(a bit, though) helped rebuild Stormwind(before they left the Alliance, then it was solely Lordaeron, Dalaran, Kul'Tiras and Khaz Modan).

Otherwise plague, plague, plague. Nothing is going to change.

You mean that the Forsaken generally seem to think the entire Lordaeron sub-continent seems to belong to them? I mean they did invade the Kingdoms of Dalaran, Alterac, Stromgarde and Gilneas, they do have a military presence in Quel'thalas and they do rienforce the Revantusk Tribe in the Hinterlands.

06/02/2014 09:51Posted by Sorceress
Forsaken are going to own Lordaeron at least until Warcraft 4 or WoW 2, so there is not much to say about it. Even in the case Sylvanas would be removed from power, Forsaken will still exist in Lordaeron, just like Orgrimmar and the Orcs after SoO. However they won't leave the Horde and a lasting peace won't be achieved between the Horde and the Alliance during WoW's lifetime either.

So true :s

06/02/2014 09:51Posted by Sorceress
Not Quel'thalas though!

Yes! the Forsaken should invade Quel'thalas, showing the Sin'dorei they are exactly the same as the Scourge and forcing the Elves to live through what the Gilneas, Stromgarde, Alterac and Dalaran force had to live through!

PS, according to lore the Syndicate is basicly the remnants of Alterac, http://wowpedia.org/Syndicate

And the forces of Dalaran I speak of ar those of Amber Mill and those surrounding the crater since Vanilla, whom are Alliance-aligned. http://wowpedia.org/Amber_Mill
The future of the Forsaken? Well, if they don't change the way they act I see only one thing....

ASHBRINGER!
06/02/2014 11:07Posted by Martimos
The future of the Forsaken? Well, if they don't change the way they act I see only one thing....

ASHBRINGER!

You look awesome, you look like a true Paladin, no helmet, no sword and no Horse!

And then the red, yep, you look like a true Scarlet Crusade Paladin! wish more Paladin roleplayers actually looked like the Paladins from lore :s

I mean all fine and dandy if you want to Roleplay a corrupt military leader or lord of a house or something BUT ROLL A WARRIOR/HUNTER THEN D:!
In my opinion Sylvanas will get a beatdown and because there is no one else to take the place of the Bansee Queen she will get purified/uncorrupted and shall keep her place.
06/02/2014 12:40Posted by Sogeki
she will get purified/uncorrupted and shall keep her place.

If she gets purified from undeath she won't stay with the Forsaken anymore, as she will return a living being like during the time she was the Ranger-General of Quel'thalas and the Forsaken despise the living beings. However, i doubt she would join the Blood Elves if she wasn't undead anymore: she has never been truly a Sin'dorei.

Btw it's extremely unlikely Sylvanas will get redeemed and it's sure she won't get uncorrupted. IIRC Undeath cannot be removed anyway, only a miracle would do that (actually, not even A'dal could do that to Crusader Bridenbard).

So, reckoning about her happening or not and her redemption happening or not, she will stay (and die, if that will be her case in the story) as she is now. Also keep in mind Blizzard's devs have said they aren't good doing redemption stories, so it's hard Sylvanas will get one anyway. Indeed Garrosh isn't going to be redeemed in WoD.

06/02/2014 11:03Posted by Pendragons
Yes! the Forsaken should invade Quel'thalas, showing the Sin'dorei they are exactly the same as the Scourge and forcing the Elves to live through what the Gilneas, Stromgarde, Alterac and Dalaran force had to live through!

Let them come. The Sunwell hungers!