Warrior Spell Reflection

Warrior
Okay so spell reflect will NOT spell reflect Hammer of Wrath , i made a ticket in game and got some answer that hammer of wrath does Physical Damage . I was like What the Heck ?
So i started looking in deep and found these few things

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=23920/spell-reflection

The Spell
Raise your shield, reflecting the next spell cast on you. Lasts 5 sec.

The Buff
Reflects the next spell cast on you.

Hammer of Wrath

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=24275

Effect : School Damage (Holy)

So , i think wars should be able to spell reflect hammer of wrath , because they already got nerfed so hard , give them this "trick" .
Main Reasons : There is now a proc that gives you the possibility to cast hammer of wrath anytime .
There is also a glyph that makes it "mana free" .

Please discuss
Is that so? Now I can vent my frustration on something for when Paladins Hammer me and I have to watch them flash heal back to full health.
In 6 years of play i dont ever remember being able to reflect it.
Don't think we should be able to either. It should be physical damage really, it's a soddin hammer.
Terrapin you're argument is stupid , for real spell reflect came out in The Burning Crusade , god i hate people that bring stupid arguments
Well, i'd say either make it possible to reflect it, or make armor value reduce the incomming dmg from hammer of wrath. Pointless giving a class a spell which can not be reflected, when even most npc spells cna be reflected (xcept for bosses and so on)
Hammer of Wrath is considered a physical ability, as the GM told you, the kind of damage it does is meaningless (think - Envenom). Logical? Probably not (especially since Hammer of Justice *is* actually a reflectable spell, it creates inconsistency and confusion with the name it has). Bug? No.
When paladins pop avenging wrath and start spamming hammer of wrath, there are a few things you can do. Hit intimidating shout, pop a shieldwall + enraged regen, concussion blow followed up by a shockwave if you're prot.

I'm already very glad and thankful I can reflect Hammer of justice and exorcism. Reflecting HoJ is always hilarious, and as I'm prot I can usually follow it up with a concussion blow and a shockwave after that. Eat stunlock, paladins.

In all fairness, I usually lose though...
The tooltip on spell reflect is ... vastly incorrect.

There are a lot of spells that cannot be spell reflected (yes, spells. Not physical abilities, but spells).

Then there are physical abilities that can be spell reflected. For example, the zombies in the Valithria encounter, you can spell reflect their armor reducing debuff for some odd reason. You can also spell reflect many throws in the game. As in, the NPC tosses a weapon at you. Prime example would be the daily quest where we are sent to kill Ornolf the scarred. Try it, summon him, pop spell reflect when he tosses his weapon and you'll get yourself a laugh.

[Edit] And there is one spell I know of that can be spell reflected but doesn't consume the buff. Mind soothe. :/
The tooltip on spell reflect is ... vastly incorrect.

There are a lot of spells that cannot be spell reflected (yes, spells. Not physical abilities, but spells).
/

Being able to reflect Mind Control would also be hilarious...but alas it seems not possible. I think it used to be, but my memory is a little spotty on that area so feel free to correct me.
Is it just me or are HOW and Execute pretty much the same principal..

Difference being for Execute we have to be close, we have to use additional rage to increase the damage and it still does NOTHING in comparison (damage-wise)

Is it only me that finds Execute to be pretty useless right now? I haven't seen a decent number from it since i was mid 50-60's, the current mechanic doesn't suit the name either.. Paladins should be called Execute because that's exactly what it does - Makes sure they're Executed (unless they're a rogue)

I don't think it should be reflectable but i do believe if they class it as a physical attack our armor (which i'm starting to wonder why we even have) should decrease its damage.

This brings me onto another topic however, EVERY class has some armor value and therefore some reduction to a melee classes damage however we don't have any resistance to a caster... AND they hit harder AND from range - Can't for the life of me figure out why i persist with melee classes :)
right now? mate Execute has not been good since season 5. its better than it was now
right now? mate Execute has not been good since season 5. its better than it was now

The name of the ability is sadly a contradiction of what it fails to do.. Even when it procs i'm better off using MS/Overpower/HS

They should change it so it procs at 5% Health.. Least then it would actually Execute them (maybe)
Terrapin you're argument is stupid , for real spell reflect came out in The Burning Crusade , god i hate people that bring stupid arguments

You get the point. I haven't ever been able to reflect it.

None of the old engineering gizmos worked on it either.

Is it just me or are HOW and Execute pretty much the same principal..

Difference being for Execute we have to be close, we have to use additional rage to increase the damage and it still does NOTHING in comparison (damage-wise)

Comparing those 2 abilitys are just plain stupid.
Should we start comparing everything we have now that paladins dont?...
Or every other ability that is the "same" but is really not for all classes?

Feels like this forum is taking the same direction as the movie Idiocracy

It's because Paladins are blessed with the best of two worlds.

The Hammer of Wrath is a spell with melee hit cap, deals magical holy damage which there is no resistance to in game AND is considered a physical attack. I can't help but to ask (rhetorically), is Hammer of Wrath a spell or a melee attack? If it's melee attack we should be able to mitigate it through armor, and if it's a spell it should be spell reflect-able.
HoW is classed as a ranged physical attack yet it deals holy damage, this means you can disarm, shield block and spell reflect and the paladin can still cast it at you as if you did nothing. imo it is unfair and there are also no holy resistances whilst my rogue poisons lose 14% of their damage due to MotW or BoK. I do think its unbalanced but its important to look at the whole picture, just because paladins have something overpowered are they overpowered in general? If so maybe it needs a nerf.
We've never, as far as I can recall, ever been able to reflect spells cast from the holy school. And when you think about it, it's probably for a good a reason..
03/12/2010 11:06Posted by Nahema
When paladins pop avenging wrath and start spamming hammer of wrath, there are a few things you can do. Hit intimidating shout, pop a shieldwall + enraged regen, concussion blow followed up by a shockwave if you're prot.

I'm already very glad and thankful I can reflect Hammer of justice and exorcism. Reflecting HoJ is always hilarious, and as I'm prot I can usually follow it up with a concussion blow and a shockwave after that. Eat stunlock, paladins.

In all fairness, I usually lose though...

Or better : Run like hell ^_^
04/12/2010 4:51Posted by Junipar
We've never, as far as I can recall, ever been able to reflect spells cast from the holy school. And when you think about it, it's probably for a good a reason..

We can reflect smite/holy wrath.