Tyrande Windrunner...

Story
Okay so there was this was article on wow insider by Matthew Rossi.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2014/03/05/know-your-lore-tinfoil-hat-edition-what-storms-may-come/

Details on WOW characters appearing in Heroes of the Storm from the alpha.

Basically they grab characters from alternative realities and timelines to fight.

Some of the interesting ones, Illidan is still a Night Elf and his brother (Malfurion) is the betrayer!

Arthas beat us all and now wears our bones as part of his armour, there is also a version where he is a Blood prince and Mal'Ganis became the Lich King.

A real strange one where Uther is a lumberjack from Canada from present day Earth.

The one that really blow my mind though was Tyrande Windrunner a Blood Elf, ranger general of Quel'thalas.Named from her ancestor the first sun queen!

What it makes me wonder, is what happens after WoD do we return home and have our own Statue of Liberty moment or will travel to other alternate realities?
06/03/2014 19:48Posted by Opheliare
Blood prince

As in Darkfallen/San'layn? That's disappointing. Alternate reality or not it'd be great if unique racial traits weren't given to other major lore figures. I mean, why not have Kael'thas be one in an alternate universe?

Then again it seems more like 'rule of cool' rather than something to take at face value. The game itself doesn't look like it has much in the way of lore, but then the genre it belongs to typically doesn't.
I agree Kael'thas needs some love from Blizz after the poor way they ended his story.

Here's the discussion on the US forums.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11882868580?page=1

Gives some more details and I believe MMO Champion has a whole lot more.

Nice of them to come up with some fun lore reasons for all the various skins though.

I just get this feeling that we might see some alternative realities even if its just in a scenario or even better a raid.
Here she is!

http://www.adriacraft.net/images/stories/news/2014/Feb/heroes/skins/tyrande_02.png

She looks a bit like me!

Better than the original Tyrande? :P
Yeah looking pretty good as a Blood Elf!

So following the line of discussion on the american forum.

Tyrande lead the disgraced Highborne to Quel'thalas instead.The Windrunner family named their daughter after her instead of either Alleria or Sylvanas? She looks like Tyrande because original Tyrande must have taken the original male Windrunner as a mate.

So what did original Tyrande do during the sundering to alter everything so much?
First of all, let´s not forget this is just a "what if" thread that has nothing to do with actual lore. Taking that into consideration...

07/03/2014 01:10Posted by Opheliare
So what did original Tyrande do during the sundering to alter everything so much?

Maybe she left with the Highborne because

06/03/2014 19:48Posted by Opheliare
Some of the interesting ones, Illidan is still a Night Elf and his brother (Malfurion) is the betrayer!

so, feeling betrayed by her love she decided she trusted the magic users more than the guardians of nature, so while someone else took leadership of the night elves she sailed east with the rest of the Highborne and Illidan, her new true love. But since

07/03/2014 01:10Posted by Opheliare
She looks like Tyrande because original Tyrande must have taken the original male Windrunner as a mate.

I smell a tragic love triangle that could make Illidan become a real villain.
Not so sure that Illidan went with them in this alternative reality. I think we would see very different Blood Elves if he did?

Both of them (Tyrande and Illidan ) are not highborne so yes for Tyrande to change from the guardians of nature to magic users and to have them accept her as their leader is pretty big.

Tyrande definitely picked the wrong brother though, Illidan would never leave her alone for a 10k year long snooze.