- Are servers separated by regions or is it global so that EU and US players play together?
- Can I chat with friends I made on another region in Destiny 2?
- Will my Destiny 2 game progress transfer between regions?
Blizzard Global Play allows you to connect to game servers in regions outside your own, making it easy to play with your friends in other parts of the world.
By default, you will play in your home region, which is determined by the country of residence registered to your Blizzard account.
- Americas for players in North America, Latin America, South America, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Europe for players in the European Union, Eastern Europe, Russia, Africa, and the Middle East.
You can switch between regions at any time: close Destiny 2 and select your new region via the game options menu or Play button in the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app. When you launch the game, you will log in to the selected region.
Once you log into a region, you may only play with other players who have selected the same region, and you cannot join games or activities of players in other regions. Your selected region will also limit who appears in your in-game Friends Lists and Clan Roster.
In-game progress in Destiny 2 is saved across regions.Learn more in the Blizzard Regions in Destiny 2 article at Bungie's Support Site.