- I don't want to receive messages from a specific player.
- How do I block whispers from another player?
Our games are designed to be friendly social experiences; however, we have included tools to block unwanted communication from other players in-game. If another player's communication is in violation of our Code of Conduct, please also consider reporting the incident to us for investigation.
Blocking a Player
In Overwatch, there are several options for ignoring another player:
- Squelch Chat will ignore the player's text for the duration of the play session.
- Mute Voice will ignore the player's voice for the duration of the play session.
- Block will ignore all communication from the player and add them to your Battle.net Block List.
Right-click the player name in chat and select your preference, or follow these steps:
- Open the Social menu.
- Navigate to the Groups or Recent Players menu.
- Right-click the player name and select your preference.
Note: You can also click the speech bubble icon by Team or Match to ignore all text in those channels.
While ignored, the player cannot whisper you, and you will not receive their friend requests or group invites.
Removing a Player from the Block List
To remove a player from the Battle.net Block List, follow these steps:
- Exit Overwatch or minimize the game window.
- Click the Battle.net logo in the top left of the Battle.net Desktop App.
- Select Settings.
- Select Friends & Chat.
- Click View Block List.
- Select the Battletag and click Unblock.