Dungeon or Raid Finder and the Premade Groups Tool
- I cannot use the Group Finder
- I was able to join a group, but I wasn't ported to the dungeon
- Our party was kicked from the Group Finder listing
- The Looking for Group tool doesn't list the dungeon I want
The Dungeon Finder and the Group Finder are two different functions.
LOOKING FOR DUNGEON OR RAID
The Looking for Dungeon or Raid group finder (LFD/LFR) is only available in modern World of Warcraft, not in WoW Classic or Burning Crusade Classic.
In the LFD/LFR finder you can sign up for a dungeon or raid and choose your role (healer, tank, or DPS). The finder will place you in a queue, and will group you with random players of your own faction across realms in your own region. Once the party is assembled, you will receive an invite and, if you accept it, you will be teleported to the instance.
If you cannot use the finder, check our Unable to Queue for Dungeons support article.
PRE-MADE GROUP FINDER
The Pre-made Group Finder allows to list your name to assemble a pre-made party, or to sign up for the pre-made party someone else has started. Once your party is assembled, you must travel to the instance, you are not teleported.
Pre-made Groups Restrictions
- Only available in Modern WoW
- Only available to characters level 50 and above
- Cannot be used if your World of Warcraft account is silenced. A group will automatically delist from the finder if they invite a silenced player to the party. To join the finder again, the party must remove the silenced player
In addition, only accounts that have been secured with a Battle.net Authenticator and Phone Notifications can add custom text to the Pre-made Group Finder listing. If you don't have an Authenticator or Phone Notifications, you can use the Pre-made Group Finder, but you will not be able to write custom text on your listing.
How to Start or Join a Group
- To start a group or join one, you must select a role (healer, tank, or DPS) in order.
- Starting with patch 9.2.5, your listing will now default to being cross-faction (if the activity you are listing for supports Cross-Faction Groups). You can choose to restrict your group to your own faction only by clicking the "Limit to <Faction>" checkbox.
- If you want to set an item level requirement, it cannot be higher than your own item level. Note that the item level you see in your character window is a rounded value and your actual item level might be slightly lower.
- By default, the search results will include parties created in your game client's language. You can toggle the inclusion of other languages in the search filter, but you cannot exclude parties in the language that match your game client language.
Burning Crusade Classic LOOKING FOR group
The Looking for Group finder (default hotkey: I) allows you to start a group for various activities: Dungeons, Raids, Zones (for group questing), Heroic Dungeons, Battlegrounds, and Arena.
You can list yourself as solo player or in party, or you can join a party that's already being assembled using the Looking for More option. This option also allows a party to browse for additional members.
For additional information, check out the our Looking for Group Preview article.