This error occurs when the Blizzard Battle.net desktop application can't recognize its digital certificates. Usually this will happen if the Battle.net application has become corrupted. To troubleshoot this issue, follow the steps below.
Update or temporarily uninstall any security programs, which may mistakenly identify the login module as a security threat.
Update your drivers and operating system to resolve any compatibility issues.
Try creating a new administrator account to resolve permissions issues.
In a small number of cases you may need to manually reinstall your digicert SSL certificates. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Go to https://www.digicert.com/digicert-root-certificates.htm
- Find DigiCert Assured ID Root CA under the Root Certificates section and click Download DER/CRT
- Double-click DigiCertAssuredIDRootCA.crt and click Open
- Click Install Certificate...
- Select Local Machine and click Next
Note: If a User Account Control dialog box pops up, click Yes
- Select Place all certificates in the following store and click Browse
- Select Trusted Root Certification Authorities and click OK
- Click Next
- Click Finish
Please log in to submit feedback.
Did you find this article helpful?
Great! Help us improve. Please rate the following from a scale of 1 to 5 stars:
Sorry to hear that! We'd like to know what's wrong. Please check any which apply:
Thanks for your feedback!