- Warcraft III keeps freezing
- Warcraft III crashes to desktop
If you experience a crash with a blue or black screen error message, a crash to your desktop, or if your computer locks up while playing Warcraft III, make sure your computer meets the Warcraft III System Requirements before following the steps below.
- Update your drivers and operating system to resolve any compatibility issues.
- Close all other applications to resolve software conflicts and free up resources.
Changes to the software settings on your video card drivers may cause crashes or lockups. Reset your video driver settings to correct this problem.
- Set the Warcraft III refresh rate and basic settings:
- Right-click on war3.reg and select Save.
- Double-click the file to run it. This file will set the game to run with the basic settings for sound and video and will set the refresh frequency to 60 hertz.
- Once the game has started, select the Options menu and adjust the game settings (such as video and sound) as desired.
Note: If you adjust the video options and experience video problems, you may only need to set the refresh frequency to 60 hertz. You can do so by downloading and running this refreshrate.reg file.