- Being dropped from the Voice Chat after joining a match
- Cannot join Team or Group voice channels
- Hear people talking but I can't talk
- Teammates are muted but cannot be un-muted
Follow the steps below to resolve problems with voice chat. If you need information on voice chat features, visit our Overwatch Voice Chat article.
Note: You will be unable to use voice chat if you're silenced from a penalty.
- Make sure you have the correct Default Device selected in Windows. Note: Overwatch Voice Chat does not work correctly with Bluetooth devices
- Reset the game settings to default.
- If you have Parental Controls enabled, make sure voice chat hasn't been disabled.
- Update your drivers and operating system to resolve any compatibility issues.
- Check your network configuration to find any issues with your firewall, router, or port settings.
- Close all other applications to resolve software conflicts and free up resources.
Tried everything here?
If you're still having problems with voice chat, contact us and include your Overwatch voice chat logs:
- Open your Documents folder. This folder is typically accessed in the Start menu.
- Open the Overwatch folder.
- Open the Logs folder.
- Find overwatch.log, this is your voice chat log.
Note: Voice chat logs are reset every time you start Overwatch, so it's important you attach this file to your ticket before starting the game again.