Common ProblemsI hear my own voice when using WoW voice chat.
Voice chat has an echo.
Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
- Open the Control Panel, then click Hardware and Sound.
- Click Manage audio devices.
- Highlight your sound card's output lines (usually Speakers), then click Properties.
- Click the Levels tab, then mute the Microphone.
- Open the Control Panel, then click Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices.
- Click Sounds and Audio Devices.
- Under Device Volume, click Advanced.
- A sound mixer should pop up. Click Options, then Properties.
- Using the dropdown menu, select the device that your speakers or headphones are attached to. Click Playback, then check the Microphone checkbox. Click OK.
- Mute the Microphone on your sound mixer.
Please log in to submit feedback.
Did you find this article helpful?
Great! Help us improve. Please rate the following from a scale of 1 to 5 stars:
Sorry to hear that! We'd like to know what's wrong. Please check any which apply:
Thanks for your feedback!