Updated: 11 months ago
Article ID: 28110
The Battle.net desktop app is unable to download a file required for installation or patching.
- Close the Battle.net desktop app and wait for Agent.exe to disappear from Task Manager before relaunching the Battle.net desktop app. If the issue persists, restart your computer and try again.
- If you're using a wireless connection, optimize your internet connection to rule out a connection issue.
- Run the repair tool to repair any damaged game files.
- Disable or temporarily uninstall any security programs, which may mistakenly identify the login module as a security threat.
- Try closing background applications to resolve any software conflicts.
- Run a security scan to remove any viruses or malware infections.
- Disable any proxies that may interfere with the login module.
- Repair Disk Permissions to resolve any permission conflicts with logon modules.
- Delete the Battle.net Tools folder to automatically rebuild outdated or corrupt files.
Tried everything here?
If you have tried these steps and still require assistance, visit our Technical Support Forums (World of Warcraft) (StarCraft II) (Diablo III) (Hearthstone) (Heroes of the Storm) (Overwatch) or contact us.
Please log in to submit feedback.
Did you find this article helpful?
Great! Help us improve. Please rate the following from a scale of 1 to 5 stars:
Sorry to hear that! We'd like to know what's wrong. Please check any which apply:
Thanks for your feedback!