- My in-game settings are not saved.
- When I log out my custom game settings go back to default.
- Game settings are reverting back to previous settings after restarting the game.
If you're having trouble with the game settings resetting when you log out, please follow these troubleshooting steps:
- If the issue happens in World of Warcraft, log into the affected character, type the below command into the in game chat box, and press enter. Safely log out of the character to ensure that the setting is saved. If the problem continues, try reset your user interface to make sure your files and addons are not corrupted
- /console synchronizeSettings 1
- Make sure your game installation folder is not set to Read-only. This can be caused by copying the game installation folder from a second hard drive.
Reset your in-game options to resolve crashing and performance problems.
Try creating a new administrator account to resolve permissions issues.
Try closing background applications to resolve any software conflicts.
Tried everything here?
If the steps above did not resolve your problem, visit our Technical Support forum or contact us.