Overwatch Performance Issues
I have a low frame rate in Overwatch.
Slow and choppy gameplay can have a variety of causes. Check your latency before continuing with the troubleshooting steps below. If your latency is high, check our connection troubleshooting article.Note: Make sure your computer meets the Overwatch System Requirements before following the steps below.
- Restart your computer to resolve problems caused by programs and services running in the background.
- Lower your graphics settings to improve performance.
- Update your drivers to resolve any compatibility issues.
- If you're playing on a laptop, optimize your power management settings and graphics options for gaming.
- Try closing background applications to resolve any software conflicts.
- Run the Battle.net repair tool to repair any damaged game files.
- Changes to the software settings on your video card drivers may cause crashes or lockups. Reset your video driver settings to correct this problem.
- Set your components to factory default speeds to resolve crashes due to overclocking.
- Overheating can cause performance issues, game crashes, and full computer lockups. Check for overheating components.
- If you are using a laptop with NVIDIA Optimus technology, you must force your computer to use the NVIDIA graphics card. See NVIDIA's support article for assistance.
- Run ScanDisk and defragment your hard drive to try to repair any bad sectors.
Note: Do not defragment a Solid State Drive (SSD).
- Run the Memory Diagnostic Tool to fix any errors in your computer's physical memory.