If you think your account has been compromised, or you want to make sure your information is secure, follow these helpful tips.
Note: If you're unable to access your account due to a compromise contact us to recover your account and follow steps 1 through 4 below to secure your computer.
- Scan your computer for malware, keyloggers, and viruses. Check out our Security Software page for more information.
- Keep your operating system up to date. Your computer is less secure if you're missing critical security updates.
- Update Adobe Flash to patch vulnerabilites that can allow the installation of malware on your computer.
- Reset your email account password. Make sure the password for your email and Battle.net Account are different.
- Reset your Battle.net password. Make sure the password for your email and Battle.net Account are different.
- Attach a Battle.net Authenticator to your account. Using an Authenticator adds an additional layer of security for your account.
Consider signing up for SMS Protect to inform you of important changes made to your account.